• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mollie Tibbets Murder Suspect Id'd[W:31, 141, 285, 415]

Re: Mollie Tibbets Murder Suspect Id'd

It’s interesting that this even makes breaking news on here. How many other murder stories make it on here? Pretty telling.

Mollie was a national story for a month, of course it's breaking news when her remains are found. I think many Americans are deeply heartbroken to find out her fate, and frankly, angered that she became yet another sacrifice on the alter of our broken political and immigration system.

It’s interesting that this even makes breaking news on here. How many other murder stories make it on here? Pretty telling.

It is breaking for several reasons.
1. being that they have been looking for her over the course of a few weeks.
2. That it is being down played that he is an illegal immigrant. Only a few news sources will call him what he is.
others are dancing around the issue.

i am glad that he fessed up and decided to come forward. he will be put in prison or given the death penalty as he deserves.

Re: Mollie Tibbets Murder Suspect Id'd[W:31]

Most likely. But did he steal another 24 year olds or a 5 year old that could have been easily identified?

I haven't seen a breakdown of illegal immigrant identity theft approaches, but its highly probably its an ID of someone 18+, simply so they don't trigger flags for underage working when the employer reports taxable income.

Re: Mollie Tibbets Murder Suspect Id'd[W:31]

https://nypost.com/2018/08/22/suspe...rder-worked-on-farm-owned-by-iowa-gop-family/

It will be interesting to hear exactly how they "verified" his status. I've long argued about employers contributing to this illegal immigration mess and never getting harsh punishments. Such a sad story.

Agree that whether the employer actually did use E verify (which they claim) and his name didn't come up needs to be investigated, and if his name did not come up, why?

Sounds like a Democratic Party campaign slogan to me. You should put signs in her family's yard offering this as condolences.

Mollie would be 100% ALIVE but for this illegal alien being in America. It shocks my senses that American women don't march in the streets over illegal males raping and killing women and girls, because they bring with them their country's warped, criminal views.

It is breaking for several reasons.
1. being that they have been looking for her over the course of a few weeks.
2. That it is being down played that he is an illegal immigrant. Only a few news sources will call him what he is.
others are dancing around the issue.

i am glad that he fessed up and decided to come forward. he will be put in prison or given the death penalty as he deserves.

There are more than 17,000 murders a year in the US. That’s almost 50 per day. They are incredibly common. The only reason any murder makes national news is because of an underlying narrative that will catch the public’s eye. When attractive white girls are murdered it makes national news. When the murder is a minority doubly so. Other victims are generally ignored. Hell, I know of a case where a guy was murdered, dumped in the middle of the street and it didn’t even make the local news.

Mollie would be 100% ALIVE but for this illegal alien being in America. It shocks my senses that American women don't march in the streets over illegal males raping and killing women and girls, because they bring with them their country's warped, criminal views.

We should be marching because of all male abuse, not limited to illegals. I also want to point out it's not in Mexico's culture to rape and kill women at all. The heinous actions of a few cannot be held accountable by the entire country, right?

We should be marching because of all male abuse, not limited to illegals. I also want to point out it's not in Mexico's culture to rape and kill women at all. The heinous actions of a few cannot be held accountable by the entire country, right?

We have been told, nay, admonished, that people are fleeing Central American countries because of gangs, rapes, drugs, cartels etc., but that's not supposed to bleed over into America when millions come into our country?
It goes to our need to ensure that we vet immigrants and do our best to ensure they want to adopt our values and morals.

The heinous actions of a few are definitely grounds to fixing our broken immigration system, and stop being a repository for the world's refugees whereby they flow in at will.
We simply can't sustain it and ONE dead American is enough for me.

Mollie Tibbets would be alive, and have her whole life ahead of her, but for our broken immigration system, scurrilous employers, illegal aliens who steal identities and sanctuary cities who protect criminals.

When will it be enough, I wonder?

(ftr- no I don't believe all Mexicans are criminals and am very supportive of LEGAL immigration)

There are more than 17,000 murders a year in the US. That’s almost 50 per day. They are incredibly common. The only reason any murder makes national news is because of an underlying narrative that will catch the public’s eye. When attractive white girls are murdered it makes national news. When the murder is a minority doubly so. Other victims are generally ignored. Hell, I know of a case where a guy was murdered, dumped in the middle of the street and it didn’t even make the local news.

All things being equal, Mollie Tibbets would still be alive if an illegal alien was not allowed to enter this country and live here for years. Ergo, but for our broken immigration system, an illegal alien would not have killed an American. These acts of aggression foisted upon our citizens simply cannot go without a vigorous defense of our people, especially the most vulnerable among us.

Americans deserve protection and should not have to continue piling up the bodies to get it.

and here is the race card.

A valid point, but most of those murders are violent criminals murdering other violent criminals over criminal enterprises. I dont know how much we need to care about that. This, on the other hand, was a innocent youth murdered by someone who isnt supposed to even be in the country. Its another example of the failure and incompetence of govt to protect our lives locally and nationally, as well as an example of why people should be prepared and able to defend themselves (with guns ideally).

A valid point, but most of those murders are violent criminals murdering other violent criminals over criminal enterprises. I dont know how much we need to care about that. This, on the other hand, was a innocent youth murdered by someone who isnt supposed to even be in the country. Its another example of the failure and incompetence of govt to protect our lives locally and nationally, as well as an example of why people should be prepared and able to defend themselves (with guns ideally).

Facilitated by a Republican

I wish the apologist that try minimizing these events, had the chance to minimize these events in the faces of angel families. One thing to type...

My brother in law was murdered, guess what...its a murder. Yes, it hurts but Republicans minimize his death as run of the mill violence...never mind he was actually executed while police directed his killers to kill him

and here is the race card.
Call it what you'd like. This is what we as a people are fascinated by. When attractive people are involved in murders we pay more attention. When murders occur across racial boundaries we pay more attention. Pretending otherwise is silly.

If a black person is killed by a cop, there are 3 threads with 30 pages a piece.

As tragic as this murder is, there's many every day and there's other news taking up the headlines just now.
Thatsaid, the local authorities will probably be looking around at any other unsolved murders and disappearences. Report says the guy's been there awhile and it seems possible this wasn't his first.

The disappearance of Mollie Tibbetts has headlined for a month--as her boyfriend was ruled out, as her father flew out from California, as the reward grew and grew. For whatever reason, her disappearance did capture the nation's attention, and the finding of her body at last and the news conference really were big news yesterday.

I know you're aware of this, but some people don't seem to understand that more than one or two headlines are allowed every day and that not everybody shares your primary interests. I paid minimal attention to the Manafort trial--yes, I knew who Judge Ellis was and skimmed summary headlines every day, but I wasn't interested in the legal details, and learning the verdict was good enough for me. Yesterday I was much more interested in the arraignment of Christopher Watts and the announcement that Tibbetts's body had been found.

As for your last comment, I hadn't thought of that yet, and I very much hope you're wrong. Sigh.

As I have already said... there are dozens upon dozens of Trump threads for you to play in. THIS thread is about the Mollie Tibbets murder suspect.

Stick to the topic or move along.

Looks like the thread jackals are nervous that the voting public is starting to understand that people who ignore our immigration laws should not be in this country.

The disappearance of Mollie Tibbetts has headlined for a month--as her boyfriend was ruled out, as her father flew out from California, as the reward grew and grew. For whatever reason, her disappearance did capture the nation's attention, and the finding of her body at last and the news conference really were big news yesterday.

I know you're aware of this, but some people don't seem to understand that more than one or two headlines are allowed every day and that not everybody shares your primary interests. I paid minimal attention to the Manafort trial--yes, I knew who Judge Ellis was and skimmed summary headlines every day, but I wasn't interested in the legal details, and learning the verdict was good enough for me. Yesterday I was much more interested in the arraignment of Christopher Watts and the announcement that Tibbetts's body had been found.

As for your last comment, I hadn't thought of that yet, and I very much hope you're wrong. Sigh.

He has worked on the farm for 4 years.
They said he was everified but he could have easily used a fake or Stolen SSN.
I doubt he was everified.

police are going to have to look to see if there are any other unsolved murders that are similar.
it could be that they could a serial killer hiding on a farm.

it seems that he tried to make a pass at her and she told him to take a hike and he didn't like it.
it will be interesting to see if other girls that were reported missing fit the same MO.
they will need to trace his steps back etc ...

That’s it’s now a story being used for political motives.

The story is what it is, Higgins. If you've been unaware of it, that's on you; UK sources have published articles all along about her disappearance. The fact, however inconvenient, is that Tibbetts was murdered by an illegal immigrant. That IS part of the story, and it's a significant part: If Rivera hadn't been here illegally, Tibbetts wouldn't be dead.

Oh boy, I bet you this story is the LEAD story on Fox News' website.

"Trump who? What's a Cohen?"

EDIT: OMFG - that's HILARIOUS. You cannot even parody the Right anymore.

You do realize, I hope, that the story of Mollie Tibbits has been naer the top of most MSM outlets for over a month? It seems as though you expect them, after all this time and sentimentalization, to kick the story of her alleged murderer to the curb in order to focus more on Cohen.

There are two reasons this story is making the headlines, on FOX and on CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CNN, etc., because it's an ongoing story that's already received a whole lot of attention.

The thing that makes this story more newsworthy is that we're currently in discussions about whether we should tighten our borders and crack down on illegal immigration. Many have said that when someone is getting by with the crime of coming here illegally, that person is also more likely to commit additional crimes.

So, all the MSM outlets are running the story -- and they're all -- from what I can tell, reporting that the killer is an illegal.

Back
Top Bottom