• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mollie Tibbets Murder Suspect Id'd[W:31, 141, 285, 415]

Re: Mollie Tibbets Murder Suspect Id'd

This.

Everybody who wants a wall needs to ask themselves why they don't just use existing law to go after employers.

Vigorously.

Right now.

Not years from now when a wall could he built for billions.

Offer a big, per head reward and all they'd have to do is go get em.

Simple, America is addicted to cheap labor. I live in a big Ag town, it's all connected. The migrant harvesters (some legal some not, no doubt)arrive in the fall and the same landlords rent the same house, mostly to the same migrants.

They work for the same companies, ride the same buses to and from work and shopping. Bus drivers have a thing with the stores that cater to them, cash their checks and sell them overpriced groceries, work boots, orange harvesting bags, etc. One hand washes the other.

When they leave in April, the rentals stay vacant until they return. County code makes an exception for max # of occupants in a dwelling. I am sure my town is similar to Ag towns all over America.

Sounds pretty idiotic of the German and Norwegian commentators to me, if that is the whole story. Rape, I assume, is outlawed in predominantly Muslim countries. But we're these crimes committed because the perps were Muslim or because they are from countries whose cultures demean women? Indonesia is the largest Muslim country in the world. Albania and former Yugoslavia have a lot of Muslims. Were the rapists from those three countries?

There is more at the link and Germany is noy unique in that rapes rise as people from these cultures move in. I tried to find a VICE video I saw of Sharia Police conducting a road block inspection of females riding scooters to school. His rationale was very clear that if a women was wearing tight pants, she was inviting rape and she would be at fault.

Is this the predominant mentality of ALL Muslims? I should certainly hope not.

This is one danger of mass immigration where they have no intention of assimilating.

This.

Everybody who wants a wall needs to ask themselves why they don't just use existing law to go after employers.

Vigorously.

Right now.

Not years from now when a wall could he built for billions.

Offer a big, per head reward and all they'd have to do is go get em.

As I have posited before, we are addicted to cheap labor. Have been since 1619 when the first slaves arrived. More recently, we have allowed anti union laws to decrease upward pressure on wages, and despite growth from Obama through Trump wages have largely flatlined. "Don't like illegals?" said comedian Paul Rodriguez to an actress who complained about them. "Strap on a leaf blower." Support raising the minimum wage, repeal right-to-work laws, make workplaces safer, etc., and legals and citizens will start taking illegals' jobs.

But the contradiction here is that the pols who attack illegals are not that friendly to labor.

Who are brain molders?

There is more at the link and Germany is noy unique in that rapes rise as people from these cultures move in. I tried to find a VICE video I saw of Sharia Police conducting a road block inspection of females riding scooters to school. His rationale was very clear that if a women was wearing tight pants, she was inviting rape and she would be at fault.

Is this the predominant mentality of ALL Muslims? I should certainly hope not.

This is one danger of mass immigration where they have no intention of assimilating.

Mass immigration has caused problems since the Irish and Catholic Germans came here. Then came the Italians, my people, who of course never were involved in any crime, though I had an Uncle Louie who loaned money. But I have to presume that Muslims will assimilate just like others, to the extent that grandparents will grumble that they kids have lost all the old values, language and traditions, just as my grandparents did.

Mass immigration has caused problems since the Irish and Catholic Germans came here. Then came the Italians, my people, who of course never were involved in any crime, though I had an Uncle Louie who loaned money. But I have to presume that Muslims will assimilate just like others, to the extent that grandparents will grumble that they kids have lost all the old values, language and traditions, just as my grandparents did.

And that depends on a sane number being allowed in, at a given rate. When to many are allowed at once, you get places like Deerborn Michigan or areas of Minnesota. I don't see assimilation any time soon.

Assimilation used to be expected. Now such an expectation is "bigoted, xenophobic and of course "Racist".

And that depends on a sane number being allowed in, at a given rate. When to many are allowed at once, you get places like Deerborn Michigan or areas of Minnesota. I don't see assimilation any time soon.

Assimilation used to be expected. Now such an expectation is "bigoted, xenophobic and of course "Racist".

Expectations of assimilation or complaints about non-assimilation are naive and ahistorical, not bigoted. My grandparents were here for 50 years and never learned English. My parents spoke both languages, I lost Italian upon entering school. Same thing will happen in Deerborn, trust me.

Its a death that would not have happened, had this illegal immigrant and criminal...NOT BEEN IN THE COUNTRY!
And you comment about what I care about is deplorable and only reaffirms the common belief that the position you take is destructive, presumptuous, condecending and asinine. Well done SJW.

Who else would you ban in order to prevent deaths in this country? Would you ban Republicans? Men? People with hair? There is a seemingly endless list of names of people who would have lived longer if middle aged men were not in this country. Many of them criminals!!

Also it is reasonable to assume he wouldn't have been here, or in that area if he had not been employed. Have you considered aiming your anger at the people who employing him? I'd say the Republican who was employing him in order to save some money, and was keeping him in that area should be facing some of your wrath here. But no, you won't turn on him. He supports your racist views so he's ok.

Again I stand fully behind my statement that you don't care. You absolutely do not care. Just because you don't like truth doesn't make it condescending or asinine. And it certainly isn't presumptuous considering I've explained fully why I know you don't care. To you this girl and her death is just a means to deliver a political message. You are attempting to benefit from her death despite her family publicly begging you not to. You completely discard their wishes and feeling as irrelevant in order to promote your hate filled party rhetoric. That is not caring. That is deplorable.

Then I think you would lose that bet. First degree would be a mistake. That's a bar too high for them to clear.

Looks like first degree to me.

[FONT=&quot]BROOKLYN, Iowa (AP) — The Iowa college student who was allegedly abducted by a stranger while running last month in a small town was stabbed to death, investigators announced Thursday.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Preliminary autopsy results from the state medical examiner's office determined that 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts was the victim of a homicide who died from "multiple sharp force injuries," the Division of Criminal Investigation announced in a news release.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]State medical examiner Dennis Klein said in an interview that the finding means a sharp-edged or pointed object such as a knife was used to attack Tibbetts. He declined comment on the details of her injuries, and said that his office would hire consultants, including forensic anthropologists, to analyze her remains further and make additional findings.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The man charged with first-degree murder in Tibbetts' death, Cristhian Bahena Rivera, allegedly led investigators to her body early Tuesday in a cornfield outside of Brooklyn, Iowa, the town where the University of Iowa psychology major was last seen one month prior. While investigators were confident then that the body was that of Tibbetts, the autopsy definitively confirmed her identity.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Prosecutors allege that Rivera abducted Tibbetts while she was out for an evening run in Brooklyn on July 18, killed her and disposed of her body in the secluded location. . . . [/FONT]

Moderator's Warning:
Closing this thread momentarily as numerous actions are being taken due to the previous in thread warnings. Will reopen momentarily.

Multiple infractions and thread bans handed out, and will continue doing it if necessary. This thread is for discussing the Breaking News aspects of this case specifically. It is not for branching off into discussions relating to it about the POTUS, political parties, agendas of different ideologies, or other such things. If you want to discuss that start a new thread where appropriate. Make note of this warning as well as the other two in the thread.

Reopened.

Last edited:

Here is the problem with the way this story is being presented - It is being used to make the false claim that immigrants as a group, are a menace to society, when that is not the case at all. Crime rates for immigrants, which includes undocumented immigrants, is actually lower than crime rates for American citizens. Why present and comment on the story as if illegals are the most dangerous people in the world? To stoke hatred. There is no other reason. If there is, then explain why it is not the fault of white people as a whole that a man killed off his wife's entire family.

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBMikzr?m=en-us&referrerID=InAppShare (Fact check showing lower rates of crime for undocumented aliens than for American citizens)

Black man commits crime: Thug

Illegal alien commits crime: Illegal aliens are a menace to society.

White man kills wife's family: I don't know what happened. He was a nice family man, who just happened to flip out. I will never understand this.

But here's the deal, once again. Crime rates for illegal aliens are actually lower than for American citizens. To lump all illegals into one basket like this is not only immoral and dishonest, it's unAmerican.

Last edited:

Here is the problem with the way this story is being presented - It is being used to make the false claim that immigrants as a group, are a menace to society, when that is not the case at all. Crime rates for immigrants, which includes undocumented immigrants, is actually lower than crime rates for American citizens. Why present and comment on the story as if illegals are the most dangerous people in the world? To stoke hatred. There is no other reason. If there is, then explain why it is not the fault of white people as a whole that a man killed off his wife's entire family.

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBMikzr?m=en-us&referrerID=InAppShare (Fact check showing lower rates of crime for undocumented aliens than for American citizens)

Black man commits crime: Thug

Illegal alien commits crime: Illegal aliens are a menace to society.

White man kills wife's family: I don't know what happened. He was a nice family man, who just happened to flip out. I will never understand this.

But here's the deal, once again. Crime rates for illegal aliens are actually lower than for American citizens. To lump all illegals into one basket like this is not only immoral and dishonest, it's unAmerican.

Well, no. The story is not an extrapolation to all illegal immigrants. It is a simple and irrefutable observation that if this particular illegal immigrant had been removed by effective enforcement of our laws then this particular young woman would be alive today.

[FONT="]BROOKLYN, Iowa (AP) — The Iowa college student who was allegedly abducted by a stranger while running last month in a small town was stabbed to death, investigators announced Thursday.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]Preliminary autopsy results from the state medical examiner's office determined that 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts was the victim of a homicide who died from "multiple sharp force injuries," the Division of Criminal Investigation announced in a news release.[/FONT]

[FONT="]State medical examiner Dennis Klein said in an interview that the finding means a sharp-edged or pointed object such as a knife was used to attack Tibbetts. He declined comment on the details of her injuries, and said that his office would hire consultants, including forensic anthropologists, to analyze her remains further and make additional findings.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]The man charged with first-degree murder in Tibbetts' death, Cristhian Bahena Rivera, allegedly led investigators to her body early Tuesday in a cornfield outside of Brooklyn, Iowa, the town where the University of Iowa psychology major was last seen one month prior. While investigators were confident then that the body was that of Tibbetts, the autopsy definitively confirmed her identity.[/FONT]

[FONT="]Prosecutors allege that Rivera abducted Tibbetts while she was out for an evening run in Brooklyn on July 18, killed her and disposed of her body in the secluded location. . . . [/FONT]

There's nothing in what you posted that that would distinguish this homicide from any other ordinary homicide. To get to first degree you have to prove that it was both willful and premeditated. That's going to be very hard to do. Second degree would be furthest I would go. When prosecutors allow politics to enter into their decisions the end result is often either harm to the state's case or the propagation of injustice.

Well, no. The story is not an extrapolation to all illegal immigrants. It is a simple and irrefutable observation that if this particular illegal immigrant had been removed by effective enforcement of our laws then this particular young woman would be alive today.

Come on Jack, you know that's not true. It was Fox that pushed this story into becoming media sensation it is now and Fox is practically Trump's own little state propaganda machine. You know the purpose of it was turn it into a political football that would highlight this President's immigration policies by pushing the same fears he pushes. They're exploiting this poor girl's death and her family is becoming sickened by it.

Come on Jack, you know that's not true. It was Fox that pushed this story into becoming media sensation it is now....

But that's just not true. I reading about Tibbetts being missing from a variety of sources back in July. And then the Daily Mail picked the story up, meaning international attention. From the Des Moines Register ​on August 3:

Every day, Mollie Tibbetts' face flashes across television and computer screens — a constant reminder of the disappearance of the 20-year-old University of Iowa student.

Fox News airs frequent updates on the investigation, as does CNN's HLN channel. On Facebook, posts about the Brooklyn, Iowa, woman have thousands of shares. https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...ome-university-iowa-missing-person/888624002/

https://abcnews.go.com/US/authoriti...y-iowa-student-alive-search/story?id=56885293
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...s-hunt-for-missing-university-of-iowa-student
https://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/national/article215435950.html
https://www.insideedition.com/media...oman-mollie-tibbetts-expands-cornfields-45408
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6033399/Reward-missing-Mollie-Tibbetts-hits-260-000.html
https://people.com/crime/university-iowa-student-mollie-tibbetts-missing/

Maybe you weren't paying attention, but lots of people were all along and were hoping against hope that her family was right and that somebody had her and that she'd come home.

Come on Jack, you know that's not true. It was Fox that pushed this story into becoming media sensation it is now and Fox is practically Trump's own little state propaganda machine. You know the purpose of it was turn it into a political football that would highlight this President's immigration policies by pushing the same fears he pushes. They're exploiting this poor girl's death and her family is becoming sickened by it.

I could not care less what Fox or anyone else says or does. My view is my own.

There's nothing in what you posted that that would distinguish this homicide from any other ordinary homicide. To get to first degree you have to prove that it was both willful and premeditated. That's going to be very hard to do. Second degree would be furthest I would go. When prosecutors allow politics to enter into their decisions the end result is often either harm to the state's case or the propagation of injustice.

He followed her, abducted her, killed her, and hid the body. First degree.

That is probably true about the variables in any killing. And the larger point is? Would it be any less tragic if she were illegal and he was a citizen? That also wouldn’t have happened if she had been removed by effective enforcement of our laws. Our laws are effectively enforced, but nothing is perfect. Raising the issue proves nothing that isn’t obvious, including the demagoguery of Trump.

But that's just not true. I reading about Tibbetts being missing from a variety of sources back in July. And then the Daily Mail picked the story up, meaning international attention. From the Des Moines Register ​on August 3:

Every day, Mollie Tibbetts' face flashes across television and computer screens — a constant reminder of the disappearance of the 20-year-old University of Iowa student.

Fox News airs frequent updates on the investigation, as does CNN's HLN channel. On Facebook, posts about the Brooklyn, Iowa, woman have thousands of shares. https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...ome-university-iowa-missing-person/888624002/

https://abcnews.go.com/US/authoriti...y-iowa-student-alive-search/story?id=56885293
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...s-hunt-for-missing-university-of-iowa-student
https://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/national/article215435950.html
https://www.insideedition.com/media...oman-mollie-tibbetts-expands-cornfields-45408
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6033399/Reward-missing-Mollie-Tibbetts-hits-260-000.html
https://people.com/crime/university-iowa-student-mollie-tibbetts-missing/

Maybe you weren't paying attention, but lots of people were all along and were hoping against hope that her family was right and that somebody had her and that she'd come home.

It is true and you know it. You only pay attention to that which you want to pay attention to.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/23/us/politics/mollie-tibbetts-republicans-immigration-trump.html

"How Politics Took Over the Killing of Mollie Tibbetts"

"The stories, and the different ways they were covered, played to the themes that Mr. Trump returns to frequently: illegal immigration and the crime and economic devastation he says it wreaks; a corrupted, one-sided justice system that he says punishes him and his allies but no one else; and a political system controlled by elites in both parties who he believes never accepted his victory.

Fox News set the tone for how prominently the Tibbetts story would feature in the media universe the president and his supporters follow most closely. As other networks covered the president’s growing legal exposure, Fox alone broke in with news of Ms. Tibbetts’s death. Its coverage of her disappearance, and of the discovery of her body, has been exhaustive, with correspondents on the scene in Iowa featuring in multiple segments every hour. On Wednesday night, the host who was filling in for Laura Ingraham opened the program by boasting, “Fox News is the only network fully covering the case.”"

"Violent crimes by immigrants have become staples in conservative media, and Breitbart News and Fox News often lead the way. In February, for instance, after a young child was killed in North Carolina when an impaired driver hit the ambulance that was carrying him and his mother, Fox News and other right-wing outlets seized on reports that the man was from El Salvador and was thought to be in the country illegally. Fox News was similarly abuzz earlier this month after a convicted rapist pleaded guilty to re-entering the country illegally."

That is probably true about the variables in any killing. And the larger point is? Would it be any less tragic if she were illegal and he was a citizen? That also wouldn’t have happened if she had been removed by effective enforcement of our laws. Our laws are effectively enforced, but nothing is perfect. Raising the issue proves nothing that isn’t obvious, including the demagoguery of Trump.

I am very tired of hyper-partisans here always raising Trump. I don't care about him. What I care about is that our government machinery functions less and less effectively. We can't pass a budget, can't live within our means, and can't prevent a young woman from being murdered by someone who should not have been in the country.

It is true and you know it. You only pay attention to that which you want to pay attention to.

It's not true. I provided you with links from other news outlets, and you're ignoring what the Des Moine Register said about CNN and Facebook. Although it supports your agenda, claiming that Fox flogged this story and for ulterior motives is a dumb argument that denies the coverage elsewhere. Please--what ulterior motives could any news outlet have had while the search was on? :roll:

[FONT="]BROOKLYN, Iowa (AP) — The Iowa college student who was allegedly abducted by a stranger while running last month in a small town was stabbed to death, investigators announced Thursday.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]Preliminary autopsy results from the state medical examiner's office determined that 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts was the victim of a homicide who died from "multiple sharp force injuries," the Division of Criminal Investigation announced in a news release.[/FONT]

[FONT="]State medical examiner Dennis Klein said in an interview that the finding means a sharp-edged or pointed object such as a knife was used to attack Tibbetts. He declined comment on the details of her injuries, and said that his office would hire consultants, including forensic anthropologists, to analyze her remains further and make additional findings.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]The man charged with first-degree murder in Tibbetts' death, Cristhian Bahena Rivera, allegedly led investigators to her body early Tuesday in a cornfield outside of Brooklyn, Iowa, the town where the University of Iowa psychology major was last seen one month prior. While investigators were confident then that the body was that of Tibbetts, the autopsy definitively confirmed her identity.[/FONT]

[FONT="]Prosecutors allege that Rivera abducted Tibbetts while she was out for an evening run in Brooklyn on July 18, killed her and disposed of her body in the secluded location. . . . [/FONT]

And Tibbetts had been a classmate of Rivera's baby mama too, and she and her brothers were her FB friends.. Investigators say that he had seen Tibbetts before the night he stalked and killed her. https://radaronline.com/exclusives/...nfield-arrest-warant-cristhian-bahena-rivera/

He followed her, abducted her, killed her, and hid the body. First degree.

If that's your opinion then fine. But the man says he panicked and had a blackout. Which is not something that is unheard of. And I haven't seen anything yet where they've been able to pinpoint exactly when and where she was murdered. Have you? There are also no witnesses. This is also a man that as far as everyone knows has no criminal record much less any history of violence. Getting a conviction of first degree murder in this case is going to be very tough.

If that's your opinion then fine. But the man says he panicked and had a blackout. Which is not something that is unheard of. And I haven't seen anything yet where they've been able to pinpoint exactly when and where she was murdered. Have you? There are also no witnesses. This is also a man that as far as everyone knows has no criminal record much less any history of violence. Getting a conviction of first degree murder in this case is going to be very tough.

First degree.

It's not true. I provided you with links from other news outlets, and you're ignoring what the Des Moine Register said about CNN and Facebook. Although it supports your agenda, claiming that Fox flogged this story and for ulterior motives is a dumb argument that denies the coverage elsewhere. Please--what ulterior motives could any news outlet have had while the search was on? :roll:

I'll take take the NY Times over Des Moine Register anytime, if you don't mind. There's really no comparison between the two. Most of the previous news coverage dealt with her being missing and of course a nice young pretty white girl missing certainly gets more and wider coverage than others not of same hue or place of origin. But it was Fox that picked up and ran with it once they found out that an immigrant had been arrested. That's a whole different matter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom