• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mohammed now most popular boys' name in England

We have 50 million Muslims in Europe. There are signs that Allah will grant Islam victory in Europe—without swords, without guns, without conquest—will turn it into a Muslim continent within a few decades.

Guess who said that.

one hint, it's not an european islamophobe.

Muhammad being the most popular name is only the symptom of the disease. It says a lot that it's because the world's most infamous mass-murdering paedophile of the ancient world is still revered as the perfect man by the people who can't be bothered to think of other names as we do.

Do you realize how many common names in the Western world are taken - directly or derivatively - from the Bible?

Republic_Of_Public said:
Muhammad may be a popular choice for the fanatics lacking imagination (as usual)

Why is it fanatical to name a child Muhammad?

Republic_Of_Public said:
And on top of that, it's interesting to think that said Westerners can consider people God-bothering obsessives if they name their baby Jesus. But when adherents of the Religion of Peace do it, we're somehow supposed to think it's a wonderful example of enriching multiculturalism!

Jesus is a very popular name in MANY Western countries. Specifically, those south of our border. Or did you just mean "real" Westerners (i.e. white people)?

Jesus is a very popular name in MANY Western countries. Specifically, those south of our border. Or did you just mean "real" Westerners (i.e. white people)?

nuttin like a thinly veiled accusation of racism, eh??? besides all dem peoples south of the border are named "hey seuss", not "Gee zuss" :lamo

nuttin like a thinly veiled accusation of racism, eh??? besides all dem peoples south of the border are named "hey seuss", not "Gee zuss" :lamo

It's spelled the same. And it's pronounced the same way they pronounce the Christian savior's name.

Do you realize how many common names in the Western world are taken - directly or derivatively - from the Bible?

Peter, Mary, Luke.... everyday names. Names which were popular before the Bible as after. Muhammad being the most popular Muslim baby name, especially in the light of what we know now, takes on a much darker hue (no pun intended).

Why is it fanatical to name a child Muhammad?

Often as not, as far as I'm aware anyway, the connotation with the long-disintegrated megalomaniac child-molester is in the mind of every Muslim parent.

Jesus is a very popular name in MANY Western countries. Specifically, those south of our border.

That's not really the West is it. And besides, such places can still be so heavily Catholic that it's not considered weird to name a kid after your peaceful prophet.

But in the West, it can be considered weird, a bit fanatical. It's not dissimilar from naming your kids after football players or pop singers as many hardcore fans do. But at least when kids are named Jesus, they're named after a truly peaceful holy man.

Or did you just mean "real" Westerners (i.e. white people)?

Dinga-linga-linga-linga-linga-linga-linga-linga-linga-linga-liiiing! You've just hit the wacism bell!

Last edited:
It's spelled the same. And it's pronounced the same way they pronounce the Christian savior's name.

duh..... I guess some people are completely lacking a sense of humor :shrug:

Peter, Mary, Luke.... everyday names. Names which were popular before the Bible as after. Muhammad being the most popular Muslim baby name, especially in the light of what we know now, takes on a much darker hue (no pun intended).

Those names wouldn't have lasted 2,000 years if they hadn't appeared in the Bible.

Republic_Of_Public said:
Often as not, as far as I'm aware anyway, the connotation with the long-disintegrated megalomaniac child-molester is in the mind of every Muslim parent.

And the connotation with some lying teenage slut is in the mind of every Christian parent who names her child Mary. Isn't ignorant religious bigotry FUN? :roll:

Republic_Of_Public said:
That's not really the West is it.

Umm how can you possibly say that Latin America isn't part of "the West" for any reason OTHER than racism? They're in the Western hemisphere, they're descended from Europeans (both ethnically and culturally), they share basically the same religions as other Westerners, they generally practice democracy similar to other Westerners, etc.

But their skin is brown. :roll:

Republic_Of_Public said:
And besides, such places can still be so heavily Catholic that it's not considered weird to name a kid after your peaceful prophet.

But in the West, it can be considered weird, a bit fanatical. It's not dissimilar from naming your kids after football players or pop singers as many hardcore fans do. But at least when kids are named Jesus, they're named after a truly peaceful holy man.

So your objection isn't with the fact that they name their children Mohammed...it's that you just don't like their prophet. Mmmk. Obvious troll is obvious.

Republic_Of_Public said:
Dinga-linga-linga-linga-linga-linga-linga-linga-linga-linga-liiiing! You've just hit the wacism bell!

If the shoe fits.

Last edited:
Those names wouldn't have lasted 2,000 years if they hadn't appeared in the Bible.

Unprovable I'm afraid.

Isn't ignorant religious bigotry FUN?

Well you're certainly doing the legwork in the diversion from truth and honesty there!

Umm how can you possibly say that Latin America isn't part of "the West" for any reason OTHER than racism (sic) ?

Other than the fact that people from Latin America I've known, or been in love with, consider themselves from their own part of the world?

And in Cuba especially, the Red rats have been known to lambast 'Western capitalists', thus setting themselves apart too.

Mmmk. Obvious troll is obvious.

Come now, don't put yourself down so quick. We're debating aren't we?

If the shoe fits.

I don't mess around with ill-fitting shoe metaphors. I just wear them, unlike some: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe/70345-muslims-allowed-throw-shoes-cops-cultural-reasons.html

Last edited:
Hz. Muhammed is the prophet of Muslims ( 1,5 b) sent by Allah (c.c.); so it is normal tee see peole naming their babies 'Muhammed'; i cannot understand why some people are over-sensitive to Muslims and Islam.

Regards.

Hz. Muhammed is the prophet of Muslims ( 1,5 b) sent by Allah (c.c.); so it is normal tee see peole naming their babies 'Muhammed'; i cannot understand why some people are over-sensitive to Muslims and Islam.

Regards.

Just replace Muhammed with a jewish name, and the word Muslim with Jewish, and you have the world pre Holocaust. Some (mostly on the right) need an enemy to justify their views... always been like that.

Unprovable I'm afraid.

OK, then Muslim parents just like the sound of Muhammad, I mean saying that they're naming their kid after an important figure in their religion is unprovable, right?

Well you're certainly doing the legwork in the diversion from truth and honesty there!

Yeah, what kind of freak marries chicks younger than him in medieval times? No one else ever did that back then.

Other than the fact that people from Latin America I've known, or been in love with, consider themselves from their own part of the world?

And in Cuba especially, the Red rats have been known to lambast 'Western capitalists', thus setting themselves apart too.

I don't really see the point of distinguishing Westerners and Latin Americans here. You still aren't freaking out over any Christians naming their kid "Jesus."

Come now, don't put yourself down so quick. We're debating aren't we?

I am rubber and you are glue...

I don't mess around with ill-fitting shoe metaphors. I just wear them, unlike some: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe/70345-muslims-allowed-throw-shoes-cops-cultural-reasons.html

You sound like a broken record.

i cannot understand why some people are over-sensitive to Muslims and Islam.

Similar to certain others, you must have lived in a cave since 2001!

I mean saying that they're naming their kid after an important figure in their religion is unprovable, right?

He was talking about the Bible's impact on the popularity of names like John or Mark, not Muslim parents.

Yeah, what kind of freak marries chicks younger than him in medieval times? No one else ever did that back then.

Muslims glory in it, justify it, play it down, do it themselves or call Muhammad the perfect man. Normal people are disgusted and sickened by that kind of thing.

I don't really see the point of distinguishing Westerners and Latin Americans here.

That's the way the debate flowed. And naming kids Jesus in the West isn't a symptom of demographic and cultural competition, though it's the ruling elite I blame for this.

You sound like a broken record.

If so, nobody forced you to sit and listen to it.

Last edited:
Similar to certain others, you must have lived in a cave since 2001!

9/11 has opened a lot of eyes that the world is still full of threats and bad people even after all the major powers that have opposed us have fallen. The event didn't make everyone make broad generalizations or get demagogic.

He was talking about the Bible's impact on the popularity of names like John or Mark, not Muslim parents.

I know. Some people give their kids Christian names, including "Jesus", and they you don't freak out. Some people give the parents name their kids Muslim names, and you freak out. See the double-standard.

Muslims glory in it, justify it, play it down, do it themseles or call Muhammad the perfect man. Normal people are disgusted and sickened by that kind of thing.

People didn't live as long back then, people in virtually every culture did it back then. Do some Muslims still do it, yeah, but most don't. Jews did quite a lot of things considered unacceptable today in the Old Testament. Are Jews evil? Please don't post some news stories about some Muslim pedestry. I know it happens.

That's the way the debate flowed.

I know, and I'm going back to a previous point about your double-standard.

And naming kids Jesus in the West isn't a symptom of demographic and cultural competition, though it's the ruling elite I blame for this.

Competition? How is naming your kid Muhammad inherently anti-Western? OMG, your

If so, nobody forced you to sit and listen to it.

I know, but that doesn't make your constant "The Sky is Falling" pronouncements any more profound or conducive to debate.

he event didn't make everyone make broad generalizations or get demagogic.

No, just people like this:

The Amboy Times: The List of Things That Offend Muslims

UK Schools Drop Holocaust Due To Muslims | Sweetness & Light

Cafe owner ordered to remove extractor fan in case smell of frying bacon offends passing Muslims | Mail Online

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europ...e-birminghams-now-islam-zone-rule-police.html

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europ...ity-cohesion-imbecilic-left-strike-again.html

http://www.debatepolitics.com/gener...n-away-damning-government-research-paper.html

http://www.debatepolitics.com/archi...ms-go-critical-and-attack-their-own-boss.html

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe/82243-look-ongoing-islamification-france.html , etc.

Some people give the parents name their kids Muslim names, and you freak out.

Not a double-standard, more of a shock at the creeping and unasked-for changes. And besides, Jesus wasn't a tyrannical, mass-murdering paedophile was he? Unless I fell asleep in religious class during the 'good bit' (for some of us), no.

Competition?

All in the flow of stuff like this: Parents' fury at town hall plans for halal-only menus in schools | Mail Online

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...shed-detention-refusing-kneel-pray-Allah.html

Muslim husbands with more than one wife to get extra benefits as ministers recognise polygamy | News , etc.

Though, as I say, the doors have been opened for the extremists and the pushy by own own dhimmis. No kicking them in was required.

...but that doesn't make your constant "The Sky is Falling" pronouncements any more profound or conducive to debate.

So says you. But I've not seen a single solitary link from you directly rebutting the facts of anything I post.

SO you'll just have to put up with it I'm, afraid. (In fact, your whining will probably encourage me.)

he event didn't make everyone make broad generalizations or get demagogic.

No, just people like this:

The Amboy Times: The List of Things That Offend Muslims

UK Schools Drop Holocaust Due To Muslims | Sweetness & Light

Cafe owner ordered to remove extractor fan in case smell of frying bacon offends passing Muslims | Mail Online

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europ...e-birminghams-now-islam-zone-rule-police.html

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europ...ity-cohesion-imbecilic-left-strike-again.html

http://www.debatepolitics.com/gener...n-away-damning-government-research-paper.html

http://www.debatepolitics.com/archi...ms-go-critical-and-attack-their-own-boss.html

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe/82243-look-ongoing-islamification-france.html , etc.

Some people give the parents name their kids Muslim names, and you freak out.

Not a double-standard, more of a shock at the creeping and unasked-for changes. And besides, Jesus wasn't a tyrannical, mass-murdering paedophile was he? Unless I fell asleep in religious class during the 'good bit' (for some of us), no.

Competition?

All in the flow of stuff like this: Parents' fury at town hall plans for halal-only menus in schools | Mail Online

Schoolboys punished with detention for refusing to kneel down and pray to Allah | Mail Online

Muslim husbands with more than one wife to get extra benefits as ministers recognise polygamy | News , etc.

Though, as I say, the doors have been opened for the extremists and the pushy by own own dhimmis. No kicking them in was required.

...but that doesn't make your constant "The Sky is Falling" pronouncements any more profound or conducive to debate.

So says you. But I've not seen a single solitary link from you directly rebutting the facts of anything I post.

SO you'll just have to put up with it I'm, afraid. (In fact, your whining will probably encourage me.)

Yeah, all those evil Muslims...

Not a double-standard, more of a shock at the creeping and unasked-for changes.

Unasked for? So you expect to be able to tell others what to name their kids?

And besides, Jesus wasn't a tyrannical, mass-murdering paedophile was he? Unless I fell asleep in religious class during the 'good bit' (for some of us), no.

And to most Muslims he wasn't what you portray him as either.

Some school assignments and accommodation, scary.

Well, maybe I just realize that painting with broad brush strokes is stupid; I've met plenty of Muslims, none of whom wanted to make me submit to Allah; the Quran is no worse than the Old Testament (Christians like me may have added the New Testament, but Jews still go with the old one), but most Muslims don't take every word literally just like most other religious adherents; most of your links are greatly exaggerated or taken out of context; there are extremists but responding with xenophobia toward all Muslims doesn't exactly help. I don't know, maybe it's naive of me not to adopt a such a childish, paranoid stance against some group. I'll take common sense over the latest in a long line of mass hysterias that have gripped society

I'm not whining, I find your rants kind of sad, but also amusing.

Yeah, all those evil Muslims...

Living in denial. That's one way to get out of it.

So you expect to be able to tell others what to name their kids?

No.

Some school assignments and accommodation, scary.

Sarcasm now. Though how you take in the facts I present is up to you.

...most of your links are greatly exaggerated or taken out of context...

Good, then you can match me link-for-link. And besides, that's being a bit disingenuous because I never stated all Muslims are like that. All I've ever said is that Islam is poisonous, unique and corruptive of human nature, a human nature a majority of Muslims thankfully still possess in quantity enough to still be normal.

But still, putting out your own statement regardless of the actual points raised is another novel approach. Well, it isn't but I'll be a little graceful.

I find your rants kind of sad, but also amusing.

Ah, false pity and devaluation, despite not a single shred of backup evidnce in rebuttal.

False emotional memes and hyperbole, just what the Leftists ordered!

Well, maybe I just realize that painting with broad brush strokes is stupid; I've met plenty of Muslims, none of whom wanted to make me submit to Allah; the Quran is no worse than the Old Testament (Christians like me may have added the New Testament, but Jews still go with the old one), but most Muslims don't take every word literally just like most other religious adherents; most of your links are greatly exaggerated or taken out of context; there are extremists but responding with xenophobia toward all Muslims doesn't exactly help. I don't know, maybe it's naive of me not to adopt a such a childish, paranoid stance against some group. I'll take common sense over the latest in a long line of mass hysterias that have gripped society

I’m glad you told us about your personal experience, I feel like 9-11, the bombings in Madrid, London, the attack on Mumbai, never happened at all. They’re just unreasonable fears combined with my rabid racism against individual muslims. I feel so much better knowing that the Quran is no worse than the Old Testament. I mean; how bad it could it be?!

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”

Luckily, literalism isnt an isseu in Islam...

the Quran is no worse than the Old Testament (Christians like me may have added the New Testament, but Jews still go with the old one)

Yeah, you can leave it up to christians to act in the spirit of the new testament. Only jooz use the OT, contrary to RoPs 'evil muslims' this has nothing to do with the posters childish, paranoid stance towards some group.

balboa found the pacific and on the trail one day
he met some friendly indians whom he was told were gay
soooooooooooooo
he had them torn apart by dogs on religious grounds they say
the great nations of europe were quite holy in their way

I’m glad you told us about your personal experience, I feel like 9-11, the bombings in Madrid, London, the attack on Mumbai, never happened at all. They’re just unreasonable fears combined with my rabid racism against individual muslims. I feel so much better knowing that the Quran is no worse than the Old Testament. I mean; how bad it could it be?!

Yeah, It's not like I didn't specifically state that I saw Islamic extremism as a major problem in this thread. No, let's deal in terms of just black and white. Either there is absolutely no problem, or the sky is falling.:roll:

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”

Luckily, literalism isnt an isseu in Islam...

For some it is, for most it isn't.

Yeah, you can leave it up to christians to act in the spirit of the new testament. Only jooz use the OT, contrary to RoPs 'evil muslims' this has nothing to do with the posters childish, paranoid stance towards some group.

balboa found the pacific and on the trail one day
he met some friendly indians whom he was told were gay
soooooooooooooo
he had them torn apart by dogs on religious grounds they say
the great nations of europe were quite holy in their way

I brought this up, because whenever somebody brings up bad deeds by Christian extremists or points to the OT, the Islamophobes counter with the NT. Well Jews don't use that NT. Are they violent or do the vast majority take some things allegorically?

At least it sounds better than "Purity", "Hope", and "Rainbow", and "Flowers".

Living in denial. That's one way to get out of it.

Better than paranoia

Then it's none of your business.

Sarcasm now. Though how you take in the facts I present is up to you.

I see some political correctness and other accommodation, but big freaking deal; they serve halal food. I didn't exactly freak out on taco day at my school.

Good, then you can match me link-for-link. And besides, that's being a bit disingenuous because I never stated all Muslims are like that. All I've ever said is that Islam is poisonous, unique and corruptive of human nature, a human nature a majority of Muslims thankfully still possess in quantity enough to still be normal.

Religion is a person's believed connection with god or some other supernatural force. It's inherently subjective. For the vast majority of Muslims, Islam doesn't mean making others submit to Allah.

But still, putting out your own statement regardless of the actual points raised is another novel approach. Well, it isn't but I'll be a little graceful.

Ah, false pity and devaluation, despite not a single shred of backup evidnce in rebuttal.

Why waste my time on something very common sensical. I don't need the BBC or some other high poo-bahs to point out double-standards or say that sweeping generalizations are childish.

False emotional memes and hyperbole, just what the Leftists ordered!

I'm leftist? Libertarian means something a whole lot different in the US than in Europe, RoP, and it's far from leftist.

Yeah, It's not like I didn't specifically state that I saw Islamic extremism as a major problem in this thread. No, let's deal in terms of just black and white. Either there is absolutely no problem, or the sky is falling.:roll:
If anything, hell awaits. I find it a bit weird that a christian, of all people, dares to point at others when it comes to odd superstitions like fearing a falling sky.

For some it is, for most it isn't.
For many muslims it is, ask any sunni iranian or shi'ite saudi.

I brought this up, because whenever somebody brings up bad deeds by Christian extremists or points to the OT, the Islamophobes counter with the NT. Well Jews don't use that NT. Are they violent or do the vast majority take some things allegorically?
You know any orthodox jews?

The vast majority is irrelevant. Are the vast majority of catholic priests child abusers. Probably not, doesn't mean there's not a problem.
The abrahamic faiths can and have been used to justify murder. The idea that people should serve only one god was completely new at the time.

If anything, hell awaits. I find it a bit weird that a christian, of all people, dares to point at others when it comes to odd superstitions like fearing a falling sky.

What does this have to do with anything said here?

For many muslims it is, ask any sunni iranian or shi'ite saudi.

Many, is not most.

You know any orthodox jews?

No, do they stone adulterers?

The vast majority is irrelevant. Are the vast majority of catholic priests child abusers. Probably not, doesn't mean there's not a problem.
The abrahamic faiths can and have been used to justify murder. The idea that people should serve only one god was completely new at the time.

I've never denied that, but xenophobia against Islam in general doesn't help

What does this have to do with anything said here?
We can’t decide for others which of their fears are unreasonable. Fearing extremism in this day and age doesn’t seem to be that irrational to me though.

Many, is not most.
So?

No, do they stone adulterers?
If you would you wouldn’t have made that statement about jews and the NT. The individual believer can’t be held responsible for acts of other members of his faith group, but we can hold the faith accountable, especially when its scripture leads to extreme interpretations.

I've never denied that, but xenophobia against Islam in general doesn't help
Xenophobia against Islam? I would agree with you if you said something like “discriminating muslims doesn’t help, doesn’t solve anything”. The problem is I want to discuss the tenants of Islam, preferably with muslims, that becomes a lot harder when every bit of criticism is met with hostility.

Back
Top Bottom