• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mohammed is now the most popular name for baby boys ahead of Jack and Harry

ReverendHellh0und

I don't respect you.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Mohammed is now the most popular name for baby boys ahead of Jack and Harry

Read more: Mohammed is now the most popular name for baby boys ahead of Jack and Harry | Mail Online

Mohammed has become the most popular name for newborn boys in Britain.
It shot up from third the previous year, overtaking Jack, which had topped the list for the past 14 years but was relegated to third spot.
Olivia topped the list for little girls for the second year in a row, behind Ruby and Chloe.
A total of 7,549 newborns were given 12 variations of the Islamic prophet Mohammed’s name last year, such as Muhammad and Mohammad.

Read more: Mohammed is now the most popular name for baby boys ahead of Jack and Harry | Mail Online

Wow, that's a bit shocking, no? :shock:

Who'd have thunk there were so many Cleveland Brown fans

leon-hall-tackles-mohamed-massaquoijpg-5067d9d4b9bbc6d2_large.jpg

I don't think it really matters. I think it's a nice mix within traditional English names.

Mohammed is more popular than Harry Potter! I guess Voldermort really did take over the world.

ancient story.. already posted in Europe part of forum by the resident nutjob mail fan, RoP and already debunked there.

12 variations of Mohammed put together = top spot.. yea great journalism there.

Oliver is the most popular name...

Last edited:
'Nutjob'. Charming debating skills these liberals employ and it's a wonder how they think insult is 'debunking'.

However it's spelled, it's still the namesake of a true nutjob. (Though, as with the likes of communist dictators and EU apparatchiks, you'll not find insults where they're needed.)

Here's the discourse in question, packed with all manner of handy facts: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe/84549-mohammed-now-most-popular-boys-name-england.html

DEBATING and EXPOSING 'Liberals' more important than EVER!

'Nutjob'. Charming debating skills these liberals employ and it's a wonder how they think insult is 'debunking'.

However it's spelled, it's still the namesake of a true nutjob. (Though, as with the likes of communist dictators and EU apparatchiks, you'll not find insults where they're needed.)

Here's the discourse in question, packed with all manner of handy facts: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe/84549-mohammed-now-most-popular-boys-name-england.html

DEBATING and EXPOSING 'Liberals' more important than EVER!

Honestly... why?

no

what would be shocking is to find our kids being named after vampires:
... The Social Security Administration released its annual rundown of the most popular names for newborns on Friday, and flying up the list was an ancient name with modern fame: Cullen, the surname of one handsome bloodsucker, Edward, in the frighteningly popular vampire films “Twilight,” ...
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/08/us/08names.html

The combination of syllables that represent people's names are so IMPORTANT.

Honestly... why?

I don't know! You're the one posting a second of mute video as 'rebuttal', not me. Perhaps the two people who thanked you have an idea.

Here's a more pertinent question: Muhammad was a man famous for gross acts of savage inhumanity, such as mass murder, assassinating those who criticised him, wiping out the Jews because he thought the were the 'brothers of apes', terrorising the Arabian peninsula and looting the wealth and property of conquered lands. He had also committed unacceptable sexual acts such a polygamy, rape and paedophilia.

Why name your kid after him?

Last edited:
Saddam has a nice ring to it as well but I think I'd pass on that as an option for a baby name.

And I hope you wouldn't go whole hog in letting your little Aisha get married at six and 'consummated' at nine. I know that goes all the way, to use an unfortunate phrase, but I would have thought lessons from history would put a few people off.

Back
Top Bottom