• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mod warning changes

GummyVitamins

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I don't know what add-ons are available for XenForo, but I think it would be helpful if there was a way to have mod warnings stickied to the top of the thread. It can be challenging to read threads with multiple mod warnings and dozens of pages. Finding the mod warnings can take some time. For example:

Snag_9e73f41.png

Finding post 368 is a PIA. Having the content/context of 368 at the top of the thread on every page would be helpful, similar to the "Russia Invades Ukraine" notification.

EDIT: I found similar questions in the past by searching for Titles only that I didn't see when searching for warnings in the forum. I can't delete this post though...

Divide the post# of the warning by the number of posts per page. That'll give you the page it's found on and a rough sense of how far down the post you want is.
This is what I do now, but some threads... like a Rittenhouse thread had something like 4 of 5 warnings. It would be nice to just have them all listed at to the top of the thread.

No matter what the actual mod warning says when you see those numbers it basically translates to, follow the rules and little grey area is left so maybe just do that 🤷‍♂️

I don't know what add-ons are available for XenForo, but I think it would be helpful if there was a way to have mod warnings stickied to the top of the thread. It can be challenging to read threads with multiple mod warnings and dozens of pages. Finding the mod warnings can take some time. For example:

View attachment 67376811

Finding post 368 is a PIA. Having the content/context of 368 at the top of the thread on every page would be helpful, similar to the "Russia Invades Ukraine" notification.

EDIT: I found similar questions in the past by searching for Titles only that I didn't see when searching for warnings in the forum. I can't delete this post though...
Look at the bottom of your image. See where it says "Mod edit:"? Right below that, where you cropped it out of your image, is a mod warning that I put in that summarized what you needed to know. That is post # 1.

Software changes, even if it involves a free addon, still involve alot of work for basically 2 people, both of whom have busy lives outside of DP. RedAkston and Schweddy spent too many hours each week keeping the board running smoothly, and I just do not see them spending more to fix something that really is not broken. Just divide the post number by the number of posts per page and you can find any post in seconds.

No matter what the actual mod warning says when you see those numbers it basically translates to, follow the rules and little grey area is left so maybe just do that 🤷‍♂️
This is good advice. When there's a thread with a warning ⚠️ it's best to assume any rule violation will get full attention.

This is good advice. When there's a thread with a warning ⚠️ it's best to assume any rule violation will get full attention.
I missed one. 2 posts after the warning I missed. You can guess what happened

I missed one. 2 posts after the warning I missed. You can guess what happened
Thread banned. I've been there.

Back
Top Bottom