• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mobile App

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I haven't seen any discussion if there's a mobile app available to access DP.

I just browse the mobile site, it's fully functional and not bad to use. Way better than forums worked even 10 years ago on mobile. There was discussion of a web app but no idea of the progress on that.

[...]​
Progressive Web App *may not work on Apple products

- this is still in the testing phase (for us)​
- once this is turned on it will give you the option to install if you choose​
- allows for push notifications​
- read more about what a progressive web app is here - https://web.dev/what-are-pwas/

If you click on the menu you'll find "Install the App" right under the Donate button.

If you click on the menu you'll find "Install the App" right under the Donate button.
Not sure I follow what you're saying.

Not sure I follow what you're saying.
If you're viewing the forum on your phone there's a menu at the top left. When you click on it you see the list of forum options (watched threads, watched forums, new threads etc). Scroll all the way down and you get Forum Rules, FAQ, Donate, and Install the App. Click on Install the App and you get the option to install the app.

If you're viewing the forum on your phone there's a menu at the top left. When you click on it you see the list of forum options (watched threads, watched forums, new threads etc). Scroll all the way down and you get Forum Rules, FAQ, Donate, and Install the App. Click on Install the App and you get the option to install the app.
Nothing on my phone below Donate.

It shows up on your phone as "DP" and the icon is a microphone against a blue background.
It's not installed on my phone.

Even with the app installed, it shows the install button on my phone.

Screenshot_20211018-082602.png

Screenshot_20211018-082615.png

It only shows up as a web shortcut on my homescreen, not an installed app.

Apple app for using this site ?
I had one installed a long time ago and it’s no longer in my device after a device update

Updates today should help with installing and browsing on older phones. Let us know.

Back
Top Bottom