• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Mob stamp on Israeli terrorist's skull cap

tiktok

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4746591.stm

This is my first post on this site and I guess you could say the occupation of Palestine is my hobby horse.

Was pretty shocked by this story... Glad to see he's been labelled a terrorist. Shame there aren't any pics of what the Pals did to this guy.

Are there rules against posting gore images of that nature... soz, am reading rules but haven't gone through them all yet :3oops:

Welcome!

Yeah, I'm also glad to see Sharon call this terrorist for what he is. I also apreciate the fact that Sharon emphasised that he represented all Israeli Citizens, regardless of religion by calling this an attack on Israelis.

Israel's immediate future is uncertain. No one knows what will come of this Gaza pullout. The situation will change radically in the coming weeks.

I just have a question for you - I noticed that your signature says "Is Israel worth it?" What do you mean by that?

Connecticutter said:
Welcome!
I just have a question for you - I noticed that your signature says "Is Israel worth it?" What do you mean by that?

I'm English but I lived in Israel/Gaza for two years working as a reporter/correspondent, just so that's clear.

It's my firm belief that the root of today's world-wide conflict lies in Israel.

It shouldn't be there.

I witnessed horrendous scenes during my time there, particularly in Gaza where Israeli troops regularly shoot dead Palestinian children for throwing rocks at tanks.

But that's just the tip-of-the-iceburg.

Israel's illegal occupation and subsequent annexation of the Occupied Territories - with constant support from America - has been stirring this trouble for more than half a century.

Bring in Afghanistan and Iraq and it's very clear why Muslims are martyring themselves.

If I had been born in Beit Hanoun in Gaza and sufferred what those kids do, I'd strap 100k of explosives on my back and blow the **** out of as many Israelis as I possibly could.

But if I had an F-16, I'd use that instead and wouldn't be called a 'terrorist' because it was built in America.

This quagmire isn't really that difficult to understand. You just have to be honest about it and Israel's population have morphed into the Nazi nation they were persecuted by not so very long ago.

Now we are being bombed in London and people ask why. It's because Palestine is engraved on the heart of every Muslim... and that's a fact.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Wow. Talk about elaborate bullcrap.

vergiss said:
Wow. Talk about elaborate bullcrap.

Great contribution to the thread. Perhaps you'd care to elaborate or am I interrupting you Happy Meal??

WANKER icon please mods.

tiktok said:
Great contribution to the thread. Perhaps you'd care to elaborate or am I interrupting you Happy Meal??

WANKER icon please mods.

:lol: Seeing as you're even more of a newbie than I am, I'd warn you to be careful lest you come off as being full of yourself.

vergiss said:
:lol: Seeing as you're even more of a newbie than I am, I'd warn you to be careful lest you come off as being full of yourself.

Do you have anything to offer this thread or are you still busy with that Happy Meal?

Well, I was going to say that you can't solely blame one side and not the other - rather, part of the blame lies with both. But I'd rather not waste my time on someone who seems to be nothing but a more coherant Scholastic.

vergiss said:
Well, I was going to say that you can't solely blame one side and not the other - rather, part of the blame lies with both. But I'd rather not waste my time on someone who seems to be nothing but a more coherant Scholastic.

You really need to wash that Happy Meal down with a nice coca-cola before you speak... I know you know what you wanna say but that bit of Ronald stuck in your teeth just keeps getting in the way doesn't it.

>>>part of the blame lies with both.

Thanks for that incredibly erudite addition to the thread. Clears it right up for me.

:monkey

tiktok,

While I agree with you about the relative emptiness of vergiss's initial post in this thread, I also fail to see the value in perpetuating and endorsing further content free posts through implications against vergiss's character.

Since you seem literate and competent enough to do so, I think you could better the Board by finding ways to dismiss these sorts of posts w/o engaging in them yourself.

IMHO, it'd be helpful if those of us who are capable of handling such a task, like yourself, would set an example of sorts not only when it comes to making quality contributions but also when it comes to dealing directly with vacuous and/or ad hom posts.

Of course, you're not required to any such thing. As long as you don't violate the Board's policies, you're just as free to "wrestle with a pig," as the saying goes, as the next person. However, since you appear to be someone who can craft responses to sub-par posts that're much more artful and more edifying than mere pig wrestling, I encourage you to do so.

Sincerely,

SWM

Last edited:
Simon W. Moon said:
tiktok,
Since you seem literate and competent enough to do so, I think it'd be better for the Board if you were to find ways to dismiss (or ignore) these sorts of posts w/o engaging in them yourself.

Is that a deliberate attempt to patronise me? Forgive me if it's not but you sound like a teacher who doesn't use the word F U C K because it might offend your granny.

The best forums are the ones where personality is endorsed and FOS vigorously upheld. I don't really go for that cleanliness stuff, strikes me as contrived.

While I appreciate the time it took to script that beautifully worded - and it was beautifully worded - missive, please don't bother again.

I'll observe the rules - that goes without saying. However, I'll draw the line at sanitising my responses just so it can remain cozy in this little community of yours.

Carfully phrased responses belong on the BBC and having worked for the Corporation, it just ain't me.

Wonder what you make of George Galloway... Isn't he simply shocking...

:shocked2:

tiktok said:
Is that a deliberate attempt to patronise me?
No, not at all.
tiktok said:
Forgive me if it's not but you sound like a teacher who doesn't use the word F U C K because it might offend your granny.
After/before that accident with the time machine, I am my own granny. So, I am a little sensitive about that.
But, no, not really. I've given the wrong impression.
tiktok said:
The best forums are the ones where personality is endorsed and FOS vigorously upheld. I don't really go for that cleanliness stuff, strikes me as contrived.
However, I'll draw the line at sanitising my responses just so it can remain cozy in this little community of yours.
Cuss all you like. It's not at all what I was getting at.
And, I certainly don't care to infringe on your FoS.
I was just expressing my personal issues and opinions. There's a sea of mundane trash talkers already. I was just hoping for something a little more crafty and witty and you seemed like you could deliver.
But, like I said, this all about my personal issues and opinions.
Please pardon my interruption. Carry on.

Simon W. Moon said:
I was just expressing my personal issues and opinions. There's a sea of mundane trash talkers already. I was just hoping for something a little more crafty and witty and you seemed like you could deliver.
But, like I said, this all about my personal issues and opinions.
Please pardon my interruption. Carry on.

Very sorry to hear about your granny. I understand combining B-complex and Royal Jelly does wonders for ageing ladies... Good luck with that.

I'll carry on and please, no pardon necessary. I like helping elderly ladies out... Dibdibdib n' all that.

cheerio :2wave:

tiktok said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4746591.stm

This is my first post on this site and I guess you could say the occupation of Palestine is my hobby horse.

Was pretty shocked by this story... Glad to see he's been labelled a terrorist. Shame there aren't any pics of what the Pals did to this guy.

Are there rules against posting gore images of that nature... soz, am reading rules but haven't gone through them all yet :3oops:

What do you mean by "occupation of Palestine"?

Surely you do not believe there is such a thing as Palestine (British invention) or a palestinian people....another British invention.

Titok, man, Simon paid you a complement. He basically said don't stoop to the level of a flamer, because you seem smarter than that. I don't understand why you took that as an insult.

MiamiFlorida said:

Surely you do not believe there is such a thing as Palestine (British invention) or a palestinian people....another British invention.

:2rofll:

Do you know, when I read this, I laughed so hard I think I squeezed out a little bit of pee.

Damnit... All those years I spent in... y'know, I don't know where it was.. and those people I worked with...

Can someone get me a glass of water and a prozac please.

This guy's great... What a clown :lol:

Binary_Digit said:
Titok, man, Simon paid you a complement. He basically said don't stoop to the level of a flamer, because you seem smarter than that. I don't understand why you took that as an insult.

Thanks for your concern Digit but I'm not in here looking for flacid compliments or approval. I want to debate issues that are dear to my heart and given the events in London over the past few weeks, now's a good time.

No insult taken BTW, I think Simon is a very nice man/grand ma... Damn I'm so confused.

But I'm nice too, hell, I even gave him advice on Royal Jelly and I don't do that for just anyone y'know.

:2grouphug

MiamiFlorida said:

There is this particular section of the planet and there is this particular group of people. Your objection to the names used to describe them seems to be haggling over what's niggling.

MiamiFlorida said:

I am literaly speechless of your ignorance :shock: , I think you have never read any material whatsoever concerning this issue , If i bring a 12 years old girl and asked her about this , i'm sure she will know more than you :laughat: .... next time if you are not familiar with the background of the issue at hand , then plz keep your mouth shut .... :mrgreen:

He's in Miami mate. Says it all really.

You know they keep rocks for pets in Miami and stroke 'em while they watch trailor trash argue over their "hoes" on Oprah.

What a place

mustafa said:
I am literaly speechless of your ignorance :shock: , I think you have never read any material whatsoever concerning this issue , If i bring a 12 years old girl and asked her about this , i'm sure she will know more than you :laughat: .... next time if you are not familiar with the background of the issue at hand , then plz keep your mouth shut .... :mrgreen:

Mustafa (This is for Tiktok as well):

You did not answer my questions.

I have probably read much, much more than you on this and many other subjects. Don't presume to know who I am....how educated or how ignorant I am. "He's from Miami", Tiktok? Great argument if you IQ falls under double digits.

Now let's get serious:

The "State" of Palestine was an invention of the British Empire to further their "Divide and Conquer" philosophy....just as they did in Rwanda with the Hutus and Tutsis (enemy tribes)...and just as they did when they created Iraq and formed a country with Shiites, Kurds, and Sunnis...all historical enemies.

There is no such thing as a Palestinian people. There is no Palestinian language, and no Palestinian culture. The people that we refer to as "Palestinians" were originally immigrants from other Arab States and nomads. There isn't a single map in existence printed prior to the 20th century that depicts the country of Palestine.

The United Nations created the State of Israel from 20% of the territory of that artificial State of Palestine (Jordan took the other 80%). It should be pointed out that 33% of the native (note that these do not include European Jews) population of Palestine were jews who had lived there for millennia, and had as much right to their own state as anyone else.

You are right. I am sure that if you bring that 12 year old girl into the debate, she will agree with you. That would be just about your intellectual level.

Tiktok, you have kindly been asked to tone down that attempt at flaming in a respectable manner. It is unfortunate that you didn't listen.

[moderator Gavel]

Do not bring personal flaming attacks to the debate. Stick to facts or opinions.
This is a warning.

[/moderator Gavel]

Simon W. Moon said:
There is this particular section of the planet and there is this particular group of people. Your objection to the names used to describe them seems to be haggling over what's niggling.

I don't object to the terms "Palestine" or "Palestinians", nor do I object to other people's opinions.

I only haggle over more important concepts, such as the "occupation of Palestine" which is what I was originally addressing.

MiamiFlorida said:
Now let's get serious:

The "State" of Palestine was an invention of the British Empire to further their "Divide and Conquer" philosophy....just as they did in Rwanda with the Hutus and Tutsis (enemy tribes)...and just as they did when they created Iraq and formed a country with Shiites, Kurds, and Sunnis...all historical enemies.

There is no such thing as a Palestinian people. There is no Palestinian language, and no Palestinian culture. The people that we refer to as "Palestinians" were originally immigrants from other Arab States and nomads. There isn't a single map in existence printed prior to the 20th century that depicts the country of Palestine.

So when the "Roadmap" eventually grants the Palestinians (for want of another term) a Palestinian State (for want of another term) you'll be satiated because the US endorses the name/s.

It's so insulting it makes me want to go watch Hensley's beheading all over again just because you're both Americans.

In Hebrew the people living in Palestine (for want of another term) are called Palestinii... meaning Palestinian.

Perhaps you'll be convinced by their calling the Palestinians (for want of another term) Palestinians...

What is this all about?? I think I'll go peel a potato.

vauge said:
Tiktok, you have kindly been asked to tone down that attempt at flaming in a respectable manner. It is unfortunate that you didn't listen.

[moderator Gavel]

Do not bring personal flaming attacks to the debate. Stick to facts or opinions.
This is a warning.

[/moderator Gavel]

Perhaps you could send me a PM explaining my sins. I see several actual flames on this very page and am confused as to why I have been singled out.

I look forward to your reply.

Back
Top Bottom