• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mnuchin says Trump told him he 'never suggested firing' Fed chairman

Maybe you are busy with the season's festivities but so far from you crickets...but I'm here to say that if you are here to show me yours, I'm here to show you mine. That's a whole lot of Republican dislike for Obama

My point...neither presidents were/are popular with their respective opposites.
Did you see my response? And the point was not to demonstrate partisan party approval, which is pointless.

Did you see my response? And the point was not to demonstrate partisan party approval, which is pointless.

Agree, but the real point.....

The point:
Obama was as unpopular with the Republican voter as Trump is to the Democrat voter.

Love the attempt at your avoidance by the creation of another logical fail.

Just stop. :lol:

Don't love that you are so far up your orange God's butt that you can't see or even begin to fathom the reality of the situation that is staring you straight in the face.

Agree, but the real point.....

The point:
Obama was as unpopular with the Republican voter as Trump is to the Democrat voter.

Yeah, because apparently Obama was not of their favorite color in the world.

Steven Mnuchin

@stevenmnuchin1
(1/2) I have spoken with the President @realDonaldTrump and he said “I totally disagree with Fed policy. I think the increasing of interest rates and the shrinking of the Fed portfolio is an absolute terrible thing to do at this time,...

6:02 PM - Dec 22, 2018
Steven Mnuchin

@stevenmnuchin1
(2/2) especially in light of my major trade negotiations which are ongoing, but I never suggested firing Chairman Jay Powell, nor do I believe I have the right to do so.”

6:03 PM - Dec 22, 2018

Michael Parsons
@MichaelMParsons
· 4h
Replying to @stevenmnuchin1
I don’t believe this for one second. Mostly because @realDonaldTrump is not capable of constructing a sentence which properly uses the word “nor.”
Michelle Grimwood

@9ontheturn
Follow Follow @9ontheturn
More
LIES, tRump doesn't use these words:
-nor
-especially
-suggested (he says, "people say")
-I believe (he has no foundation of beliefs)
-he doesn't use appropriate titles when addressing people (see 'Chuck' 'Nancy' 'Mike' etc)
-'Fed portfolio' (he doesn't know what portfolio means)

3:30 PM - 22 Dec 2018
Philip Rucker

@PhilipRucker
it’s rather odd for Mnuchin to tweet a quote he attributes to Trump instead of Trump simply stating himself that he does not want to fire Powell https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/1076617588795424768

6:35 PM - Dec 22, 2018
Maggie Haberman

@maggieNYT
Don't recall @realDonaldTrump frequently using the word "nor" when he speaks contemporaneously

Philip Rucker

@PhilipRucker
it’s rather odd for Mnuchin to tweet a quote he attributes to Trump instead of Trump simply stating himself that he does not want to fire Powell https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/1076617588795424768

Ed Espinoza
@EdEspinoza
How long do you think it’ll be before he completely contradicts you
Lukas Simonis
@lsimonis
There is a zero percent chance he said that. Just, none.

6:19 PM - Dec 22, 2018
Theo Littleton
@CptnJustc
You’ve captured his voice *perfectly*. Bravo.

6:24 PM - Dec 22, 2018
Bryan
@BryanDetroit248
Trump has never put together such a long, articulate sentence before. 😂😂

6:31 PM - Dec 22, 2018
Jeremy Caron
@JeremyCaron
There's literally no way he said this. His sentences are never that clear or complete, plus he thinks he's above the law and can fire anyone.

6:30 PM - Dec 22, 2018
[emphasis added by bubba]
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/tr...-making-trump-quote-long-articulate-sentence/

^what they said

Okay, got it, but ... keep reading the thread.

Btw, Happy Holidays to you and yours, my midwest friend. :)
I hope it snows on Christmas eve for you.
And the best to you and yours as well, Trix. :thumbs:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...r-suggested-firing-fed-chairman-idUSKCN1OL0PF

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said on Saturday that President Donald Trump told him he had “never suggested firing” the chairman of the U.S. Federal Reserve.

Mnuchin said in a tweet that Trump had told him that he “never suggested firing” Fed Chairman Jerome Powell. Trump also told Mnuchin he did not believe he had the right to fire Powell.
===============================================
This story keeps changing. Such is the Trump WH.

Exciting non story but that is the new norm today. President has such fun messing with the MSM! ;)
Slow news period so my bet there will be a lot of this non-news, news gracing DP>

Let it snow, let it snow, Let is snow... ;)

The TV weather man keeps teasing about snow the 24th or 25th. It moves between 1% to 5%.......
Things they will do for TV ratings. :lol:
Looks like no snow here for Christmas.

The TV weather man keeps teasing about snow the 24th or 25th. It moves between 1% to 5%.......
Things they will do for TV ratings. :lol:
Looks like no snow here for Christmas.

Where do you live?
We are supposed to get rain and snow in our mountains where I live.
I'm stoked because it could be 70 and my view of the mountains will have snow top caps.

Now we likely know the real reason Trump wants to fire Powell:

Fed Rate Hikes May Have Already Cost Trump $5 Million a Year

Every time the Fed raises rates, Trump’s payments on some $340 million in variable-rate loans go up. Since his January 2017 inauguration, the Fed’s steady rate hikes may have added a cumulative $5.1 million a year to his debt service costs, according to a Bloomberg News analysis of the president’s financial disclosures and property records.

Just reason #4354 for politicians to divest before taking office.

The "acting" Chief of Staff to POTUS, ladies and gentlemen:

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1076846477778059264

Brian Stelter@brianstelter

Mulvaney is mixed up. He says Trump "put out a tweet last night specifically saying that he now realizes he does NOT have the ability to fire" the Fed chair. @JonKarl corrected him: Mnuchin posted that, not Trump. Mulvaney: "Is that who tweeted? Alright."
ABC News Politics

6:26 AM - 23 Dec 2018

Back
Top Bottom