• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MLM - Fighting Systemic Sexism in our Criminal Justice System

Noodlegawd

Somebody you used to know
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
95% of people killed by police are men.

90% of prison inmates are men.

Based on these statistics, it's clear that our criminal justice system is infested with sexist, anti-male cops and prosecutors.

Something must be done about it.

MALE LIVES MATTER!!!

95% of people killed by police are men.

90% of prison inmates are men.

Based on these statistics, it's clear that our criminal justice system is infested with sexist, anti-male cops and prosecutors.

Something must be done about it.

MALE LIVES MATTER!!!

Don't try to distract the anarchists and the Trump haters. They won't have it.

Seriously, some crimes committed by women ARE judged differently by society.

Perhaps the biggest example is a female teacher seducing an underaged male student. Usually, the comment is "Lucky kid!"

But if a male teacher seduces a female student, society wants to throw the book at him.

I was reminded of that fact by a recent "Friends" rerun in which "Monica" unwittingly has an intimate encounter with a high school boy. She IS shocked when she discovers that she has committed a felony, but the fact that such a story line was allowed in the 1990s is telling. I am surprised that particular episode has not been withdrawn from syndication.

Perhaps the biggest example is a female teacher seducing an underaged male student. Usually, the comment is "Lucky kid!"

But if a male teacher seduces a female student, society wants to throw the book at him.

I was reminded of that fact by a recent "Friends" rerun in which "Monica" unwittingly has an intimate encounter with a high school boy. She IS shocked when she discovers that she has committed a felony, but the fact that such a story line was allowed in the 1990s is telling. I am surprised that particular episode has not been withdrawn from syndication.

But then again, in the movie Old School, Luke Wilson has sex with a high school girl and they play it off to comedy.

... and that was 2005, or something.

Some crimes???

Just look at the numbers! They represent half the population, and only 5% of those killed by police. How can any man step out onto the street without fearing for his life???

So what are you doing about it? Why is it only BLM raising the issue of police brutality?

Back
Top Bottom