• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MLB to investigate claims of racial discrimination vs. Mariners

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Major League Baseball said Tuesday that it will investigate claims of racial discrimination in the Seattle Mariners organization made by a former employee on Monday.

The team said in a statement that Martin was fired last month, on Oct. 10.

Martin, however, responded on Twitter that she "had reported many other discriminatory incidences to HR and other Mariners staff members throughout the season," she said.

Earlier Monday, Martin made allegations in an Instagram post that general manager Jerry DiPoto, manager Scott Servais and director of player development Andy McKay have called Latino players, especially those from the Dominican Republic, "dumb" and "stupid."

Martin said that when she balked at some of her responsibilities being handed to McKay, DiPoto said, "You know what you are? You're a cocky Latina." When she defended herself, she said McKay told her, "Well, you know, sometimes you're just plain stupid."

She also told The News Tribune that Servais told her that one does not see Latino managers or catchers because "they aren't bright enough. They are dumb." She also noted that Servais told her the reason she could not sit in on a staff meeting with players to discuss families was "honestly, it's because you're a woman."

MLB to probe racism allegations vs. Seattle Mariners

The Seattle Mariners organization is toxic. The type of language and behavior being exhibited by Mariners executives is appalling.

I am interested to see what MLB's investigation will come up with. If true, they deserve to be fired.

The Seattle Mariners organization is toxic. The type of language and behavior being exhibited by Mariners executives is appalling.

I am interested to see what MLB's investigation will come up with. If true, they deserve to be fired.

I have been saying for two years that there is something toxic in the Seahawks as well.

Basketball we already lost.

This is not good.

Reminds me of Colin Cowherd

Cowherd had said Thursday that he didn't believe baseball was complex, saying a third of the sport was from the Dominican Republic, which had "not been known, in my lifetime, as having, you know, world-class academic abilities.''

Colin Cowherd no longer on ESPN air after comments about Dominican Republic players

Back
Top Bottom