• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MLB 2022

Trevor Bauer (spelling).. Was just suspended by mlb for 2 years..

Something is wrong...Domestic violence and maybe child abuse... Idk what he's being accused off
. But 2 years??.. Wow

I remember reading it when it happened. Apparently he invited some rando over for rough sex and she didn't like it but then like a month later she came back over and again she didn't like the rough sex and claimed rape/sexual abuse.

I remember reading it when it happened. Apparently he invited some rando over for rough sex and she didn't like it but then like a month later she came back over and again she didn't like the rough sex and claimed rape/sexual abuse.
3rd woman just accused him of sexual assault...

There must be more to this story for a 2 year suspension...

3rd woman just accused him of sexual assault...

There must be more to this story for a 2 year suspension...

All the stories are the same. The women say they didn't like the rough sex but then continued to have consensual relations with Bauer.

All the stories are the same. The women say they didn't like the rough sex but then continued to have consensual relations with Bauer.
OK? I'm not disagreeing with that.

I'm saying 2 years? Something else has to be going on.

Good win for the boys last night after getting humiliated by NY on Friday night.

Gunna be tough to get that series win, tho, as Scherzer has basically owned them over the years...

Mets eat 40 million and DFA Cano keeping Dom.
Cut down day today to 26 players.

NL West is 21 games over 0.500.
NL East is even 0.500, NLC is -14.
ALE is +8, ALW is +1, ALC is -16.

Fried at Bassitt tonight on MLBN.
Big series NYY/TOR and SF/LAD.

NHL playoffs start tonight.
NBA playoffs continue.
NFL BS continues.

Mets eat 40 million and DFA Cano keeping Dom.
Cut down day today to 26 players.

NL West is 21 games over 0.500.
NL East is even 0.500, NLC is -14.
ALE is +8, ALW is +1, ALC is -16.

Fried at Bassitt tonight on MLBN.
Big series NYY/TOR and SF/LAD.

NHL playoffs start tonight.
NBA playoffs continue.
NFL BS continues.
Mets can afford to eat $40 mil.. Many other teams can't.. 1 of the big problems in baseball..

After eating $40 mil Many other teams can't afford to go out and spend money on other players.. Mets, Dodgers, Yankees, etc.. Can...

Mets can afford to eat $40 mil.. Many other teams can't.. 1 of the big problems in baseball..

After eating $40 mil Many other teams can't afford to go out and spend money on other players.. Mets, Dodgers, Yankees, etc.. Can...
Pro Sports have favored the huge cities for 💯 years, though Landis blew up the CHW for the NYY and the eastern teams with short porches.

We saw it with the TEN Titans trading the WR to a team that can afford him. They couldn’t.

This is why I like building teams like ARI and MIA.
Built on their starting staffs. (which I study)

You still need your lefty Peterson to perform.
Carrasco is on and off.
Offense is better with 💴 💰 💵

Lots of teams have gone to 6-man rotations.
Another bad weather week …

Pro Sports have favored the huge cities for 💯 years, though Landis blew up the CHW for the NYY and the eastern teams with short porches.

We saw it with the TEN Titans trading the WR to a team that can afford him. They couldn’t.

This is why I like building teams like ARI and MIA.
Built on their starting staffs. (which I study)

You still need your lefty Peterson to perform.
Carrasco is on and off.
Offense is better with 💴 💰 💵

Lots of teams have gone to 6-man rotations.
Another bad weather week …
With Brown, I think it was more about the salary cap than being able to afford to pay him.

It's almost like these umpires are begging for computers to take over the balls and strikes calls..

2 out.. 2 strikes... Bassit throws a pitch right down the middle.. The whole Mets team starts walking off the field.. Even the batter turns around thinking it was strike 3..

Ump called it a ball... I'm a traditionalist... But idk anymore...

With Brown, I think it was more about the salary cap than being able to afford to pay him.
True that the salary cap is a thing in the nfl versus just a few mlb teams.
I’ve been noticing that ordinary ‘brain-washed’ people are turned-off from salaries, not realizing there’s such a huge discrepancy between them.

Finley started unloading in the 70s.
Oakland did it again after last year.
If they were the Las Vegas Athletics,
Bassitt might still be an A.

Tomorrow is that planned DH between ATL/NYM.
The lockout will crop up as a schedule problem all year.

MLBN mouthpieces openlydefending the dead ball.

It’s creating a better game with low-scores.

Continue to be impressed by the Mets' grit and resilience

Atlanta takes the first game of the series, and the Mets bounce back and sweep the double-header.

Phils throw a brutal late-inning loss at them a few weeks ago, and the Mets shake it off and take the series.

Still very early, but it seems like they're good enough to go gate-to-wire in the division.

Meanwhile, the Phils continue to flounder

More costly errors … unable to execute bunts … nobody stepping up and delivering a clutch hit at a critical point.

Not good...

Continue to be impressed by the Mets' grit and resilience

Atlanta takes the first game of the series, and the Mets bounce back and sweep the double-header.

Phils throw a brutal late-inning loss at them a few weeks ago, and the Mets shake it off and take the series.

Still very early, but it seems like they're good enough to go gate-to-wire in the division.

Meanwhile, the Phils continue to flounder

More costly errors … unable to execute bunts … nobody stepping up and delivering a clutch hit at a critical point.

Not good...
Mets are going to go as far as their bullpen allows them to go... Mets don't have a lineup that's going to blow teams out, they'll be in mostly close games.. If their bullpen holds up? They'll make noise in the NL... If it implodes? Then they will be also rans...

Mets are going to go as far as their bullpen allows them to go... Mets don't have a lineup that's going to blow teams out, they'll be in mostly close games.. If their bullpen holds up? They'll make noise in the NL... If it implodes? Then they will be also rans...

I believe the Mets have one of the lowest team errors per game rate so far this season. And their starting pitchers have obviously been VERY good.

In my opinion, a team can still ride solid pitching and defense deep into the playoffs...

I believe the Mets have one of the lowest team errors per game rate so far this season. And their starting pitchers have obviously been VERY good.

In my opinion, a team can still ride solid pitching and defense deep into the playoffs...
Agreed.. But nowadays with starters only going 6 innings, tops... The bullpen has to step up...

Yeah I know.. I watched it... Won't happen again for a month... Lol
Since it's all about pitch counts, I think you'll see some veteran pitchers being more efficient with their pitches and going a little further into games. Especially now that they're stretched out and the rosters have been cut.

Since it's all about pitch counts, I think you'll see some veteran pitchers being more efficient with their pitches and going a little further into games. Especially now that they're stretched out and the rosters have been cut.
Schedule is going to matter too.. Braves went longer with their starter in the first game because of the doubleheader and day game today...

Back
Top Bottom