• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MLB ⚾️ 2023

Below zero here by the end of the week...

We can't complain though, we've had a mild winter so far...
Two days long driving for me to Phoenix from N. IL.
I have family out there too. Both Chicago teams.
I’ll be in Mesa in a couple weeks to check on the young Cubs.

Will miss games, though, but those have become overpriced and crowded- not like it used to be.
I’ll be checking on prices and schedules and such.

Dexter Fowler, member of the 2016 Cubs, hangs it up.

Please tell me Jason Heyward isn't still playing.

Minor league contract and invited to Dodgers spring training.

I don't hate Heyward; I just can't figure out how someone with such potential just flatlined. He's a good dude, though. Never brought shame on his organization. Wish him well in his post-baseball career.

I don't hate Heyward; I just can't figure out how someone with such potential just flatlined. He's a good dude, though. Never brought shame on his organization. Wish him well in his post-baseball career.
12 days to P’s and C’s reporting; 8 weeks today for the first games with all teams;
March 1 for first spring training game;
some players opting out of WBC like WSox’s Cease

Yesterday, the Braves took Max Fried to arbitration which Fried lost. Since the Braves have been busy signing multi-players to long term contracts, Fried wasn’t one of them, this makes me wonder if the Braves have other plans than keeping the 29 year old Fried long term.

Fried has developed to what I consider the ace of the Braves staff. But the top five minor league pitchers for the Braves are all pitchers. I see a trade of Fried brewing after this year. Crazy, maybe? After 2023 Fried will still have a year to go prior to free agency which since the Braves haven’t locked him up as they did all those younger players, a trade seems inevitable. At least to me.

He just flatlined with the Cubs. He was good in Atlanta and St. Louis. He stopped trying after getting paid and couldn't overcome the injuries.

He just flatlined with the Cubs. He was good in Atlanta and St. Louis. He stopped trying after getting paid and couldn't overcome the injuries.

I don't think he stopped trying; I think injuries prevented him from regaining his offensive form. It wasn't just that he lacked power; he wasn't seeing the ball well. I'm surprised the Cubs kept him as long as they did, probably because of his defense.

Hope springs eternal! Go Baseball

Good reasons for both sides not to go to arbitration. Suggesting Burnes was the reason Brewers didn't make the playoffs in attempt to win the case might not be worth the money saved.
Exactly, especially if they planned to keep him long term.

Good reasons for both sides not to go to arbitration. Suggesting Burnes was the reason Brewers didn't make the playoffs in attempt to win the case might not be worth the money saved.
The Brewers burn arms. We’ll see if their staff lives up to being rated #4 with all of their injuries from last season. Glad to see all divisions, especially both Centrals, only playing each other 13 times, down from 19.

Agreed. Watcjing you team playing nearly half their schedule against 4 teams got kinda boring.
76 of 162 was awful. To me, CLE and STL are the clear favorites in the centrals.
I don’t see the AL East being nearly as good as the West. Poor Oakland.

I may have chosen SD until Machado announced he’s opting out. Who knows what Tatis will bring. Bell from SD to CLE wasn’t good for the Sox.

Sox/LAD share the same spring complex, as do CIN/CLE, and TEX/KC. Those are close to my family in AZ.

I’m leaving 3/19 after D1 wrestling nationals. WBC will have just rapped up and each team will be trotting out its rotation one more time.

The Brewers burn arms. We’ll see if their staff lives up to being rated #4 with all of their injuries from last season. Glad to see all divisions, especially both Centrals, only playing each other 13 times, down from 19.
Staff is pretty legit with 2 #1's with Burnes and Woodruff and some depth beyond top five with Ashby and Houser. Agree they'll have to stay healthy(Peralta, Ashby, and even Woodruff missing time.

Brewers always skimp spending on Bats. Winker is a decent pickup, but my guess they'll struggle again scoring enough runs.

Agree with you on the schedule, think new one will be liked by most players and fans.

Spring training games start this weekend...

It's a start... Lol

BTW for any big baseball fan out there.. I highly recommend the MLB audio app... Best $20 you'll spend... All the games, both home and away feeds, no blackouts...

They have video package too.. More expensive obviously..

Last edited:
Orioles

Called it first!!!!!!!!!

Machado opt out is after this year. On paper, they have the best roster in baseball. Yet, they will **** it up and the Dodgers will win the west again and go 1-3 in the first round of the playoffs after winning 108 games.

76 of 162 was awful. To me, CLE and STL are the clear favorites in the centrals.
I don’t see the AL East being nearly as good as the West. Poor Oakland.

I may have chosen SD until Machado announced he’s opting out. Who knows what Tatis will bring. Bell from SD to CLE wasn’t good for the Sox.

Sox/LAD share the same spring complex, as do CIN/CLE, and TEX/KC. Those are close to my family in AZ.

I’m leaving 3/19 after D1 wrestling nationals. WBC will have just rapped up and each team will be trotting out its rotation one more time.

Machado opt out is after this year. On paper, they have the best roster in baseball. Yet, they will **** it up and the Dodgers will win the west again and go 1-3 in the first round of the playoffs after winning 108 games.

Dodgers will not be as good this season, but you're most likely right about winning the West again.

Dodgers reset their Luxury tax threshold and will offer Ohtani $500 million when he hits free agency after this season. Think he wants to stay here on the west coast and win a WS. Dodgers are his best bet.

New schedule with all teams playing each other.
46 inter-league; 14 teams x 3 games & 1 team x 4) games.
52 division games (13 games x 4t eams)

64 same league games, still unbalanced.
(4 teams x 7 games and 6 teams x 6 games)
When it comes to baseball, I am an arch conservative. I don't believe a single rule since 1970 has helped the game.
  • Get rid of interleague play,
  • get rid of regulating visits to the mound,
  • get rid of pitch counts,
  • get rid of the idea that a relief pitcher has to throw to three batters,
  • get rid of the clock,
  • get rid of instant replay,
  • get rid of 20 teams making the playoffs,
  • get rid of a baserunner at 2nd base in extra inning games,
  • get rid of the designated hitter
  • get off my lawn.....
Baseball is one thing God got right and man totally screwed up.

Mets signed Tommy Pham to a one year deal. At 35, his best days are behind him, but a decent 4th OF/DH signing IMO.
Did he have "best years?". I think I missed them. I guess his 2017 was a solid year.

I'm open minded about the new changes but I don't see tangible evidence that its made the game better.

When it comes to baseball, I am an arch conservative. I don't believe a single rule since 1970 has helped the game.
  • Get rid of interleague play,
  • get rid of regulating visits to the mound,
  • get rid of pitch counts,
  • get rid of the idea that a relief pitcher has to throw to three batters,
  • get rid of the clock,
  • get rid of instant replay,
  • get rid of 20 teams making the playoffs,
  • get rid of a baserunner at 2nd base in extra inning games,
  • get rid of the designated hitter
  • get off my lawn.....
Baseball is one thing God got right and man totally screwed up.

Did he have "best years?". I think I missed them. I guess his 2017 was a solid year.

Back
Top Bottom