• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ML Infractions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecofarm

global liberation
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
ML Enhanced Infraction Consequences
Because of the volatility of the ME Forum, the Moderation Team has decided to create enhanced Infraction consequences that will be part and parcel of Martial Law. These enhanced consequences will ONLY affect posting in the ME Forum and will only be regarding Infractions received from a thread/post in the ME Forum.

Although the Infractions themselves WILL count towards your total Infraction points, the effect they will have on your ability to post elsewhere in DP will be based on normal DP rules. A ML Infraction will be defined as any moderation action occurring in the ME Forum that causes you to receive points (with the exception of word censor violation) AND any thread ban. ML Infractions are accumulative and do not expire in regards to the ME forum.

The enhanced consequences:

• Two accumulated ML Infractions will yield a ME posting suspension of one week
• Four accumulated ML Infractions yield a ME posting suspension of one month
• Six accumulated ML Infractions will result in a permanent ban from posting in the ME Forum

If someone gets one infraction per year in the ME forum, they will be perm banned (from the ME forum) in 6 years. 2 infractions per year and perm ban (from the ME forum) is 3 years.

Members try to take extra care when in the ME forum but slips happen. It seems that a never expiring 6 cap dissuades regular posters, especially those that have been members for some time. If a member makes a majority of their posts in ME, it's pretty inevitable that they will be perm banned from it eventually. There are some high quality long-time members who no longer frequent that forum and I wonder if it may be an influence.

I think ML infractions should expire, perhaps one per year.

(Full disclosure: it seems I haven't acquired my 4th, thus I'm not in grave danger - at least, not for a couple years)

Last edited:
That's kind of ridiculous. The DP law should be applied evenly throughout the board. The middle east is not so special that it needs extra protection from DP moderators...

A perma-ban should be hard to get. Not this ****.

That's kind of ridiculous. The DP law should be applied evenly throughout the board. The middle east is not so special that it needs extra protection from DP moderators...

Just an FYI... the perma-ban is not for the entire forum, just the ME Forum.

I agree with ML.

I just think ML infractions should expire at perhaps one per year, so as not to discourage active and long term posting in the ME forum (given that slips happen).

The concept of permanent points for just this forum was put in place to disallow disruptive people from skating by even after earning quite a few violations. It prevents repeat offenders from being perpetual problems. There are many posters who post nearly exclusively in the ME Forum who have never received an violation, or have received only one. Also, to my recollection, there are only 3 or 4 members who have been perma-banned from the ME Forum under these rules. That's about one every 6 months.

However, this request is a reasonable discussion point, and the Mod Team will address it and render a decision.

I still think it's really overreacting. Why is the ME forum special?

Experience of the disruptive and acting out behavior in that sub-forum for the 5 years I was here before ML. At one point, it was so bad, we were going to close the ME Forum permanently.

After discussion of this issue, the Moderation has agreed that this alteration in the rule makes sense. It has now been enacted. All ML infractions now expire after one year. Thank you for the suggestion.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom