• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mitt Romney

Hypothetically, which candidate would you vote for?

• Mitt Romney

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Hillary Clinton

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • None

Votes: 12 27.9%

• Total voters

Caipira

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I've read a few articles saying that someone like Mitt Romney could run as a third party candidate and feasibly win...in a hypothetical situation would you vote for Trump, Hillary or Romney? Why or why not could Mitt Romney win?

Cephus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Nothing hypothetical about it. I wouldn't ever vote for Romney and I'm actively voting against Hillary, hence Trump gets my vote.

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I've read a few articles saying that someone like Mitt Romney could run as a third party candidate and feasibly win...in a hypothetical situation would you vote for Trump, Hillary or Romney? Why or why not could Mitt Romney win?

Trump. Wouldn't waste my vote on a third party candidate. Romney would make an excellent president, IMO, however.

washunut

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Trump. Wouldn't waste my vote on a third party candidate. Romney would make an excellent president, IMO, however.

I also thought that Romney would have made a good president. However his recent actions make me think he is a petty,vindictive man. Not good traits for a president.

Carjosse

Sit Nomine Digna
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
If I was American I would consider voting for Romney over Hillary.

radcen

Phonetic Mnemonic ©
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
A resurrected George Washington with Abraham Lincoln as a running mate couldn't win as a 3rd party candidate in today's political climate.

Romney could, however, beat either Clinton or Trump is he were a major party candidate.

Turin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I am voting for Hillary yet if it were a contest between Trump and Romney I would choose Romney.

I bet Romney would have had given voters more pause than Trump against Hillary.

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right

what she said. I have been a bit disappointed with Romney's antics in the last year

rocket88

Mod Conspiracy Theorist
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Romney couldn't beat Obama with the whole weight of the Republican party behind him. The idea that he could win as an independent is really silly.

That said, I didn't vote for him 4 years ago, and wouldn't do it now. Sticking with Johnson.

rocket88

Mod Conspiracy Theorist
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

I think voting for either Trump or Clinton constitutes wasting your vote more than a third party.

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Romney couldn't beat Obama with the whole weight of the Republican party behind him. The idea that he could win as an independent is really silly.

That said, I didn't vote for him 4 years ago, and wouldn't do it now. Sticking with Johnson.

He didn't have the full weight of the GOP behind him, If all those who voted for McCain had actually voted for Romney, he would have won. The Bible thumping Pukes stayed home in large numbers because they thought Romney was not a real Christian even though he was running against a guy whose version of Christianity is even more foreign than the Mormon faith to most of them

rocket88

Mod Conspiracy Theorist
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
He didn't have the full weight of the GOP behind him, If all those who voted for McCain had actually voted for Romney, he would have won. The Bible thumping Pukes stayed home in large numbers because they thought Romney was not a real Christian even though he was running against a guy whose version of Christianity is even more foreign than the Mormon faith to most of them

Well, it certainly is a detriment to winning if you can't even get your own party behind you. Are you going to do your duty for your party this year?

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Well, it certainly is a detriment to winning if you can't even get your own party behind you. Are you going to do your duty for your party this year?

have you been paying attention to my posts on this election?

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
That's why I ask. Are you going to do what your party tells you to do?

I am not a member of a party though I generally vote GOP. I wanted Kasich but I said long ago, I'd vote for road kill over the lying Bitch

TheGoverness

Little Miss Sunshine
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I am not a member of a party though I generally vote GOP. I wanted Kasich but I said long ago, I'd vote for road kill over the lying Bitch

I would have voted for Kasich had he won the GOP nomination.

rocket88

Mod Conspiracy Theorist
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

You don't have to literally do it. There are other choices. Feel the Johnson, my friend, feel the Johnson.

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
You don't have to literally do it. There are other choices. Feel the Johnson, my friend, feel the Johnson.

Ohio is a crucial swing state. If I lived in texas or California-where the outcome is going to be obvious, I would

Not in Ohio, have to vote for Trump

TheGoverness

Little Miss Sunshine
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Ohio is a crucial swing state. If I lived in texas or California-where the outcome is going to be obvious, I would

Not in Ohio, have to vote for Trump

That's one of the reasons why I'm not voting for Hillary. I live in Texas, so the electoral votes are pretty much going to go to Trump. So it's basically useless to vote for Clinton.

AFM

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Gee I wish I had the opportunity you Americans have, being able to vote for someone like Trump an outsider, and in so doing totally revitalize the Republican party which is a self serving mess and bad for democracy, and making it relevant to Americans of today. Voting for Hillary is just going to assign you to another four to eight years of waffle, where America goes know where, and yours and our enemies literally take over

Abbazorkzog

Zapatista Libertarian
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I think he'd be a better President than Hillary or Trump (by a country mile), but far worse than Obama, Bush, or any other President we've had since JFK (and most of them have been complete and utter ****).

Abbazorkzog

Zapatista Libertarian
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Gee I wish I had the opportunity you Americans have, being able to vote for someone like Trump an outsider, and in so doing totally revitalize the Republican party which is a self serving mess and bad for democracy, and making it relevant to Americans of today. Voting for Hillary is just going to assign you to another four to eight years of waffle, where America goes know where, and yours and our enemies literally take over

Waffle? A similar expression to 'mollywhop' I presume?

Top Bottom