• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mitt Romney says its 'almost treasonous' for some GOP figures to back an 'oppressor' and 'dictator' like Putin

Romney thinks that there are people in the US who support Putin and his actions?
I think he has that very wrong.

No surprise that some here pounce on this mischaracterization to gin up the daily dose of fauxrage and yet another TDS circle jerk of an endless stream of TDS circle jerks.

Nobody wants to read about the Trump Panty Sniffers who are so devoted to Trump that they would give their lives for him jerking each other off.

This thread is about Romney. I'm sure there is a thread where you can moon over Trump. This one isn't it.

Mitt Romney says its 'almost treasonous' for some GOP figures to back an 'oppressor' and 'dictator' like Putin

iu

I don't agree with Mitt on much, but on this we do agree.

Donald Trump and the Trump segment of the GOP are openly embracing Putin's xenophobia, fascism, and authoritarianism.

A cursory glance at the COMMENTS on the WaPo op-ed ....

"Almost???? Drop the "almost" part, Mitt!"

I don't agree with Mitt on much, but on this we do agree.

Donald Trump and the Trump segment of the GOP are openly embracing Putin's xenophobia, fascism, and authoritarianism.

Of course they are. Those three words perfectly describe their fake god Trump the Terrorist.

I personally feel that the US should not be in NATO anyway; let Western Europe take the lead in defending itself. NATO should be an entity aside from the USA. It should be one of our partners, but I see no reason why need to feel obligated to always take the lead for Western Europe?
If you think the US is in NATO for any reason other than their own self interest you are sadly mistaken.

If you think the US is in NATO for any reason other than their own self interest you are sadly mistaken.
NATO formed in 1949 during a very different world and different set of circumstances. Germany, France, and Britain are well capable of defending themselves against Russia without our help. Modern Russia is NOT the same as the Soviet Union.

This dog ****er is a Democrat in Republican clothing. Establishment swine all the way through.
Just because he tells the truth?

True Republicans not Trumplicans and speaking of "birds of a feather" Trump > Putin both certifiable
Whatever. No 'Trumplican' here anyway.

Fact of the matter is I don't particularly agree with Romney or Cheney on a number of positions / statements they've made.
Of course, that's pretty much includes everyone in DC depending on which statement or which position.

If you just want to rant, smear and belittle people with whom you don't politically agree, do please proceed.
Just leave me out of it, because it doesn't make for any sort of worthwhile or meaningful conversation or exchange.

NATO formed in 1949 during a very different world and different set of circumstances. Germany, France, and Britain are well capable of defending themselves against Russia without our help. Modern Russia is NOT the same as the Soviet Union.
You do realize that NATO participated with us after 9/11??? Unfortunately in the world we live in, NATO is necessary

Back
Top Bottom