• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mitt Romney says its 'almost treasonous' for some GOP figures to back an 'oppressor' and 'dictator' like Putin

What a stupid post. Trump did not embrace Putin
Just flat out lying at this point:

Anyone can read it:
This is genius,’ ” Trump continued. “Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine — of Ukraine. Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful. So, Putin is now saying, ‘It’s independent,’ a large section of Ukraine. I said, ‘How smart is that?’ And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s strongest peace force … We could use that on our southern border.” ...“Here’s a guy that says, you know, ‘I’m gonna declare a big portion of Ukraine independent’ — he used the word ‘independent’ — ‘and we’re gonna go out and we’re gonna go in and we’re gonna help keep peace,’ ” Trump said. “You gotta say that’s pretty savvy.

Trump has been praising Putin that we know of, for at least 5 years. Stop lying.

Trump just said at CPAC on Saturday night that Russia's invasion was an atrocity, a crime against humanity and that it has to be stopped. His fans need to keep up.
Not really, unless he does it consistently, with conviction and also condemns others saying differently its basically meaningless
This is way occasionally he'll say the right stuff but reality is different similar to him saying he is going to be an ally to LGBT community

If he says that once but still says putin is a genius people arent really fooled

Just flat out lying at this point:

Anyone can read it:
This is genius,’ ” Trump continued. “Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine — of Ukraine. Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful. So, Putin is now saying, ‘It’s independent,’ a large section of Ukraine. I said, ‘How smart is that?’ And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s strongest peace force … We could use that on our southern border.” ...“Here’s a guy that says, you know, ‘I’m gonna declare a big portion of Ukraine independent’ — he used the word ‘independent’ — ‘and we’re gonna go out and we’re gonna go in and we’re gonna help keep peace,’ ” Trump said. “You gotta say that’s pretty savvy.

Trump has been praising Putin that we know of, for at least 5 years. Stop lying.
Can that bozo string two sentences that make sense together.......and Trumpers criticize Bidens speaking!

Last edited:
So these are not people in the US?

"Characterizing the Russian advance as just a “border dispute,” Carlson preferred to lay blame on the opposition: Democrats had conditioned folks “to hate Putin,” he said, going so far as to urge his viewers to rethink their feelings about good ol’ Vlad: “Has Putin ever called me a racist? Has he threatened to get me fired for disagreeing with him? Has he shipped every middle-class job in my town to Russia? Did he manufacture a worldwide pandemic that wrecked my business and kept me indoors for two years? Is he teaching my children to embrace racial discrimination? Is he making fentanyl? Is he trying to snuff out Christianity?”"
"Characterizing the Russian advance as just a “border dispute,”
I'd agree that this is a poor characterization of the situation in Ukraine. It was never that.

'Democrats had conditioned folks “to hate Putin,”'
Is probably a true statement, and is part of the left's hawking the 'Russian Collusion' hoax for so many years.

The rest of Carlson's points are indictments of actions taken the last 2 years by the US government, which have now come to be understood as ineffective, as well as much deserved criticizing the oh so typical behavior of the left.

Carlson is an opinion show. He puts his opinion out there for controversy and for people to consider, but anyone who simply adopts them without critical thinking is doing themselves a disfavor.

If you want to grossly overly broad brush Carlson's opinions as everyone on the right's opinion, you're on your own, because its simply not accurate.

And what does all this Carlson stuff have to do with Mitt being wrong in his statement?

Mitt Romney says its 'almost treasonous' for some GOP figures to back an 'oppressor' and 'dictator' like Putin

iu

I don't agree with Mitt on much, but on this we do agree.

Donald Trump and the Trump segment of the GOP are openly embracing Putin's xenophobia, fascism, and authoritarianism.

likewise ..............

Is he running for president again?

This dog ****er is a Democrat in Republican clothing. Establishment swine all the way through.
what's funny is you voted for him and will now say you didn't.

I dont like Mitt Romney at all, but I will give him credit for not being a trumpturd on top of being a great big sleazy corporate toolbag.

So he's a step above many repubes.

how far will grown men (many in the South) go to lie for a liar from New York?

how much will they lie to cover for the despicable Republican politicians and media people who sided with Putin?

Putin is going to come out of this with a new alignment of borders in Eastern Europe and certain guarantees from the West on Russia's security and economic viability.....
Let me know when you begin accepting wagers.

I dont like Mitt Romney at all, but I will give him credit for not being a trumpturd on top of being a great big sleazy corporate toolbag.

So he's a step above many repubes.
Romney is a traditional politician. Mostly full of hot air, saying what he thinks potential supporters want to hear however, regarding Loser #45, Romney has consistently bucked his party by speaking the unpopular truth about his party’s leader.

No one on this planet has praised Putin more than the one man who spread covid around this this country the more than anyone else: Donald J. Trump.

Romney thinks that there are people in the US who support Putin and his actions?
I think he has that very wrong.

No surprise that some here pounce on this mischaracterization to gin up the daily dose of fauxrage and yet another TDS circle jerk of an endless stream of TDS circle jerks.

Oh please Trump has praised Putin as well as Pompeo and others and Fox state television for GOP supports Putin. If they do not denounce Trump's treasonous remarks; they are as guilty as he is. :rolleyes:

Young Republicans conference:​

Before introducing Greene, Fuentes told the crowd, “Now they’re going on about Russia and Vladimir Putin is Hitler — they say that’s not a good thing.” Fuentes also asked the crowd to “give a round of applause for Russia” and responded, “Absolutely,” as attendees chanted “Putin! Putin!”

After Fuentes introduced Greene, she told the crowd they were “canceled Americans,” HuffPost reported.
“You’ve been handed the responsibility to fight for our Constitution and stand for our freedoms, and stop the Democrats, who are the Communist Party of the United States of America,” Greene said.
Romney wasn’t the only conservative to criticize Greene for her Friday speech, given hours before she addressed the Conservative Political Action Conference, which was also held last week in Orlando. Ronna McDaniel, chairwoman of the Republican National Committee and Romney’s niece, said, “White supremacy, neo-Nazism, hate speech and bigotry are disgusting and do not have a home in the Republican Party,” comments Romney cited on “State of the Union.”

Romney also denounced former president Donald Trump and other Republicans for complimenting Putin in what the senator called “almost treasonous” comments.

https://twitter.com/ThisWeekABC?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1498025089744486404|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://news.yahoo.com/gop-sen-tom-cotton-wont-065821623.html
This Week
@ThisWeekABC
Sen. Tom Cotton refuses to condemn former Pres. Trump’s praise of Russian leader Vladimir Putin when repeatedly pressed by @GStephanopoulos. http://abcn.ws/3hktLK0

Let me know when you begin accepting wagers.
Because history repeats itself, and several key NATO nations have been inconsistent for decades on their priorities. What didn't help was our chaotic withdrawal from Afghanistan, sending a clear message to our friends and our enemies alike that we may at any moment cut loose from our commitments.

I personally feel that the US should not be in NATO anyway; let Western Europe take the lead in defending itself. NATO should be an entity aside from the USA. It should be one of our partners, but I see no reason why need to feel obligated to always take the lead for Western Europe?

Oh please Trump has praised Putin as well as Pompeo and others and Fox state television for GOP supports Putin. If they do not denounce Trump's treasonous remarks; they are as guilty as he is. :rolleyes:

Having read Trump's comments at CPAC, it's pretty clear that you are having some difficulty in discerning what was actually stated.

I stand by my previous statements on the matter:
If you said that Pompeo was smarter than Trump, I wouldn't challenge you.
If you said that Pompeo could more diplomatically make a statement than Trump, I wouldn't challenge you either.
If you said that Pompeo was more experienced in politics and was better at handle the DC swamp and the media than Trump, I wouldn't challenge you.

As to 'Trump's praise of Putin' I suspect it just more of the same 'news' (DNC political propaganda) media's taken out of context, oh so typical political hit piece on Trump, which has become their de facto standard behavior, so in other words, appropriate of being completely ignored on principals, which they don't have. 🤷‍♂️

Just as I thought. Ginned up fauxrage over nothing.

From Putin's perspective, yeah, I could see how it's a smart move on his part.
That doesn't mean that I support it or agree with it.
But such subtleties are ignored when there's a good fauxrage to be ginned up, especially when that fauxrage can be targeted against Trump.

Do please proceed with your ginning up yet another baseless TDS fauxrage, they are near constant, and starting to become ineffective due to over use.

Young Republicans conference:
Before introducing Greene, Fuentes told the crowd, “Now they’re going on about Russia and Vladimir Putin is Hitler — they say that’s not a good thing.” Fuentes also asked the crowd to “give a round of applause for Russia” and responded, “Absolutely,” as attendees chanted “Putin! Putin!”

After Fuentes introduced Greene, she told the crowd they were “canceled Americans,” HuffPost reported.
“You’ve been handed the responsibility to fight for our Constitution and stand for our freedoms, and stop the Democrats, who are the Communist Party of the United States of America,” Greene said.
Romney wasn’t the only conservative to criticize Greene for her Friday speech, given hours before she addressed the Conservative Political Action Conference, which was also held last week in Orlando. Ronna McDaniel, chairwoman of the Republican National Committee and Romney’s niece, said, “White supremacy, neo-Nazism, hate speech and bigotry are disgusting and do not have a home in the Republican Party,” comments Romney cited on “State of the Union.”

Romney also denounced former president Donald Trump and other Republicans for complimenting Putin in what the senator called “almost treasonous” comments.
As posted previously, I don't believe Romney is accurate in his statement that people here in the US are supporting Putin in any great extent. That which you've presented doesn't demonstrate that support which you appear to think that it does.

Chaney appears to be just as clueless as Romney then. OK. Birds of a feather.

It is not "almost" treasonous, it is, and they hvae been treasonous for long time now. Take down your Americna flags and keep waiving your confederate and nazi flags. Might as well fly the ISIS flag or maybe come up with a vanilla ISIS flag, maybe mix of confederate and nazi flag

Because history repeats itself, and several key NATO nations have been inconsistent for decades on their priorities. What didn't help was our chaotic withdrawal from Afghanistan, sending a clear message to our friends and our enemies alike that we may at any moment cut loose from our commitments.
1. History does not always repeat itself.

2. Biden’s Afghanistan withdrawal debacle and the world’s response to Putin’s illegal attack on, and attempts to take over another country, completely unprovoked, are completely unrelatable.
I personally feel that the US should not be in NATO anyway; let Western Europe take the lead in defending itself. NATO should be an entity aside from the USA. It should be one of our partners, but I see no reason why need to feel obligated to always take the lead for Western Europe?
It is a subjective interpretation to say that the United States is leading the rest of the world in opposing Putin’s invasion of Ukraine.

Back
Top Bottom