• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mitt Romney says its 'almost treasonous' for some GOP figures to back an 'oppressor' and 'dictator' like Putin

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Mitt Romney says its 'almost treasonous' for some GOP figures to back an 'oppressor' and 'dictator' like Putin

iu

Republican Sen. Mitt Romney said Sunday that it is "unthinkable" and "almost treasonous" for anyone who loves freedom to also support Russian President Vladimir Putin. During an interview on CNN's "State of the Union," the Utah senator was asked about the "pro-Putin sentiment" held by some factions of the Republican Party. "Well, a lot of those people are changing their stripes as they're seeing the response of the world and the political response here in the US," replied Romney. "But how anybody, how anybody in this country, which loves freedom, can side with Vladimir Putin, which is an oppressor, a dictator." "It's disgusting. I'm hopeful you're seeing some of those people recognize just how wrong they were," he added."He imprisons his political opponents. He's been an adversary of America at every chance he's had. It's unthinkable to me. It's almost treasonous."

I don't agree with Mitt on much, but on this we do agree.

Donald Trump and the Trump segment of the GOP are openly embracing Putin's xenophobia, fascism, and authoritarianism.

iu

Donald Trump and the Trump segment of the GOP are openly embracing Putin's xenophobia, fascism, and authoritarianism.

This dog ****er is a Democrat in Republican clothing. Establishment swine all the way through.

Whatever he thinks will get him elected. He is establishment swine.

Sounds like a heretic who has dared to blaspheme the holy high priest. It doesn't matter what his positions are, does it? Burn him alive at the stake!

This Trump cult has really turned into a cult of blind devotion. It's like Jonestown on a nation-wide scale.

iu

It was very ominous how Trump pointed to Ukraine and said that's how we should be behaving on our southern border. Putin is modeling what these guys think should be how we run this country. That should send chills down any true American's spine!

Whatever he thinks will get him elected. He is establishment swine.
When you call them swine it’s easier to vilify them. They aren’t actually human. Good tactic. How’s the koolaid over at FOX?

This dog ****er is a Democrat in Republican clothing. Establishment swine all the way through.

Opinion noted.
Interesting you did not state if you agree with Romney or not regarding his statement of "almost treasonous".

Do you support Putin and what he is doing in Ukraine? Yes or No.

Romney thinks that there are people in the US who support Putin and his actions?
I think he has that very wrong.

No surprise that some here pounce on this mischaracterization to gin up the daily dose of fauxrage and yet another TDS circle jerk of an endless stream of TDS circle jerks.

What a stupid post. Trump did not embrace Putin, Trump merely said that Putin had outplayed Biden and others in the immediate run up to this conflict, catching Biden flatfooted.

Putin is going to come out of this with a new alignment of borders in Eastern Europe and certain guarantees from the West on Russia's security and economic viability.....or we will be going to all out war. Which he knows we don't want.

I find it laughable the people like you are finally NOW agreeing with Romney, when Romney told Obama that Russia was still a threat during their debate, and Obama laughed that off.

If Hitler were raised from the dead, and Hitler critisized Donald Trump, some of you would be praising Hitler, further proving the reality of 'Trump derangement syndrome'.

Assuming you were of voting age in 2012, who did you vote for in the presidential election?

There's no "almost" about it.

These scum need to pay with their careers. Cancel them out for good.
I can't believe the America First PAC, which has been Trump's primary fund raising arm, has a crowd chanting PUTIN, PUTIN.

I can't believe the America First PAC, which has been Trump's primary fund raising arm, has a crowd chanting PUTIN, PUTIN.

Sadly I easily can, I mean we watch Donnie praise Putin and be his bitch for 4 years calling him a good leader, saying he respects him and praising his poll numbers 🤷‍♂️
so yeah of course many Trump "extremists" are going to suckle at that teet like they do and blindly follow . . .. .

Sadly I easily can, I mean we watch Donnie praise Putin and be his bitch for 4 years calling him a good leader, saying he respects him and praising his poll numbers 🤷‍♂️
so yeah of course many Trump "extremists" are going to suckle at that teet like they do and blindly follow . . .. .
Trump just said at CPAC on Saturday night that Russia's invasion was an atrocity, a crime against humanity and that it has to be stopped. His fans need to keep up.

What a stupid post. Trump did not embrace Putin, Trump merely said that Putin had outplayed Biden and others in the immediate run up to this conflict, catching Biden flatfooted.

Putin is going to come out of this with a new alignment of borders in Eastern Europe and certain guarantees from the West on Russia's security and economic viability.....or we will be going to all out war. Which he knows we don't want.

I find it laughable the people like you are finally NOW agreeing with Romney, when Romney told Obama that Russia was still a threat during their debate, and Obama laughed that off.

If Hitler were raised from the dead, and Hitler critisized Donald Trump, some of you would be praising Hitler, further proving the reality of 'Trump derangement syndrome'.
BS, Trump would suck Putin's dick if he could ..he idolizes Putin and Kim Jong-un. He's a pathetic wannabe, draft dodging, dictator.

5379bedccb31a997465cf04dcb51d801--political-opinion-political-comedy.jpg

In the end, he is right and Trump is just plain wrong again. Trumpsters choose Trump over country while real GOPers choose country over Trump. I guess we can tell which of those you are when it comes to choosing.

Romney thinks that there are people in the US who support Putin and his actions?
I think he has that very wrong.

So these are not people in the US?

"Characterizing the Russian advance as just a “border dispute,” Carlson preferred to lay blame on the opposition: Democrats had conditioned folks “to hate Putin,” he said, going so far as to urge his viewers to rethink their feelings about good ol’ Vlad: “Has Putin ever called me a racist? Has he threatened to get me fired for disagreeing with him? Has he shipped every middle-class job in my town to Russia? Did he manufacture a worldwide pandemic that wrecked my business and kept me indoors for two years? Is he teaching my children to embrace racial discrimination? Is he making fentanyl? Is he trying to snuff out Christianity?”"

Back
Top Bottom