• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mitt Romney backing of Supreme Court vote paves way for election-year confirmation

we do-sadly left-wingers often ignore the ones that are actually set forth in the Bill of rights
The only right you seem obsessed with is guns

The Handmaiden maiden. Lovely.

It was always gonna be her. They’ve been salivating to replace RBG with her forever. And you know what? It is going to happen, and they are going to do it prior to election day.

So good. Rub our faces in it. Hawley is going to make her say the words “I want to end Roe.” It’s going to be everything we could have wanted and then some.

The Handmaiden maiden. Lovely.
If I should lose on the real issues, I shall return to my seat in the Senate, satisfied that I had tried my best and was fairly judged. But if this election is decided on the basis that 40 million Americans lost their chance of being president on the day they were baptized, then it is the whole nation that will be the loser — in the eyes of Catholics and non-Catholics around the world, in the eyes of history, and in the eyes of our own people.

It's not surprising. Romney is a religious conservative. Filling the SCOTUS seat with a radical conservative is Romney's goal as well.
So... a conservative who believes in a "living constitution" and is willing to make things up based on what the law should be? I doubt that. The best we can hope for is an originalist.

I don’t think Republicans have principles. Saying you’re anti neocon today, means about as much as you saying you were for free trade and low deficits before Trump. The republican base simply follows whatever dogma their leader sells them.
The deficit is largely the result of Medicare and it's going to have to get a lot worse before Washington will do something about it. Reelection comes before fixing problems. They'll continue to play hot potato until someone is eventually forced to make cuts.

The deficit is largely the result of Medicare and it's going to have to get a lot worse before Washington will do something about it. Reelection comes before fixing problems. They'll continue to play hot potato until someone is eventually forced to make cuts.
This is simply what you’re saying today.

So... a conservative who believes in a "living constitution" and is willing to make things up based on what the law should be? I doubt that. The best we can hope for is an originalist.
radical conservative means someone who actually follows the constitution,

radical conservative means someone who actually follows the constitution,
No one would be surprised if Alito and/or Thomas retired over the transition if Trump lost. Trump will win 6-3.

I hope we can stop pretending now that there Republicans who genuinely oppose Trump's agenda.

No one would be surprised if Alito and/or Thomas retired over the transition if Trump lost. Trump will win 6-3.
I think if Trump WINS-it is a given at least one of those two retires.

It wasn't too long ago when the left hailed "flag to the wind" Mitt.

Yep, anyway, it's going to be a radical conservative. The trumpublican end game is to outlaw abortion. Will that stop elitists like trump from having their wives and girlfriends from getting abortions? Of course not, they'll just take them to Canada or Mexico to have them. The poor will pay for conservative "progress" as they always have.

I don't know
Just for shits and giggles, Repubs should buck and **** the 62% of Americans who oppose the kidnapping of the SCOTUS. Make Apartheid Great Again.

Just for shits and giggles, Repubs should buck and **** the 62% of Americans who oppose the kidnapping of the SCOTUS. Make Apartheid Great Again.
I don't believe that many Americans really care that much

Yep, anyway, it's going to be a radical conservative. The trumpublican end game is to outlaw abortion. Will that stop elitists like trump from having their wives and girlfriends from getting abortions? Of course not, they'll just take them to Canada or Mexico to have them. The poor will pay for conservative "progress" as they always have.
Yes. Trump publicly supported abortion when he needed to pay for them. Catch and kill.

Not a fan of the Constitution, huh?

So sad for you! Someone who will actually make decisions based on existing law. What a "radical" idea!

So sad for you! Someone who will actually make decisions based on existing law. What a "radical" idea!
The "existing" law is that abortion is legal. Changing the existing law in order to satisfy a minority of religious zealots and elitists is not justice - it's an abuse of power. Today's trumpublicans are just barbaric.

So sad for you not to able to tell the difference.

The "existing" law is that abortion is legal. Changing the existing law in order to satisfy a minority of religious zealots and elitists is not justice - it's an abuse of power. Today's trumpublicans are just barbaric.

So sad for you not to able to tell the difference.
Did it get overturned? Or are you just blabbing?

It's not really surprising.

In the end, Trump does get to make the call, despite the fact that Moscow Mitch and Leningrad Graham argued against Obama being able to do so 4 years ago. But the fact that any of these partisan fools would dare try to cite the Constitution as the reason why they're doing it now is laughable.
Did you forget that Obama nominated someone? Why would Trump be the first President to not nominate a replacement?

Back
Top Bottom