• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MItt Romney, another Susan Collins, acts independent, just another Trumpster

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Mitt Romney just proved he is exactly like Susan Collins, he tries to act like an independent of Trump, but in the end is there with the rest of what used to be the GOP and is kissing Trump's A**. Even though he knows what happened in 2016, he uses the Trumpster reasons and is going to vote yes for whoever Trump picks. Even though he knows that Trump expects and will get the court to stop the states from counting "mail-in" ballots in the swing states where most of the people voting Dem will use them, thus giving, and I do mean giving, Trump the election. I would not doubt that they will give Trump a third term as I am sure they will except his they treated me so meanly in my first term I deserve another. Nothing surprises me anymore with the trump party. There is no GOP party left. And a guess, all of the Trump party will vote yes, even those who now are saying no.

Mitt Romney just proved he is exactly like Susan Collins, he tries to act like an independent of Trump, but in the end is there with the rest of what used to be the GOP and is kissing Trump's A**. Even though he knows what happened in 2016, he uses the Trumpster reasons and is going to vote yes for whoever Trump picks. Even though he knows that Trump expects and will get the court to stop the states from counting "mail-in" ballots in the swing states where most of the people voting Dem will use them, thus giving, and I do mean giving, Trump the election. I would not doubt that they will give Trump a third term as I am sure they will except his they treated me so meanly in my first term I deserve another. Nothing surprises me anymore with the trump party. There is no GOP party left. And a guess, all of the Trump party will vote yes, even those who now are saying no.

Romney is insane. How do you give this guy an SC nom after voting to remove him from office? How in the world does that make any sense whatsoever?

Conspiracy rant number 6489 and counting....

Do you guys even listen to yourselves? Romney never claimed to be a Democrat. Romney never claimed to always be a neverTrumper. Collins never claimed to be a Democrat and she never claimed to vote Democrat on every issue. They both lean to the right and support the right more times than they support the left. When they vote your way you support them but when they vote the same way that they lean you accuse them of being Trump loving kiss his ass supporters. Why is it that the collective thinks that if you are with them some of the time you have to be with them all of the time? This is the type of disgusting behavior fueling the Walkaway campaign.

Do you guys even listen to yourselves? Romney never claimed to be a Democrat. Romney never claimed to always be a neverTrumper. Collins never claimed to be a Democrat and she never claimed to vote Democrat on every issue. They both lean to the right and support the right more times than they support the left. When they vote your way you support them but when they vote the same way that they lean you accuse them of being Trump loving kiss his ass supporters. Why is it that the collective thinks that if you are with them some of the time you have to be with them all of the time? This is the type of disgusting behavior fueling the Walkaway campaign.
BOth Collins and Mitt talk tough about trump, still they just go down on their knees and kiss up to him. Romney is safe in Utah, but Collins will likely lose here seat in Maine as I think people are kind of tired of her "act". And you do not mention the fact that trumps is saying out loud he wants the SCOTUS to give him the election by outlawing mail in ballots.

BOth Collins and Mitt talk tough about trump, still they just go down on their knees and kiss up to him. Romney is safe in Utah, but Collins will likely lose here seat in Maine as I think people are kind of tired of her "act". And you do not mention the fact that trumps is saying out loud he wants the SCOTUS to give him the election by outlawing mail in ballots.
Romney and Collins are both Republicans. How on Earth can you expect Republicans to vote Democrat on every issue? Is that how little you know about politics?

Romney and Collins are both Republicans. How on Earth can you expect Republicans to vote Democrat on every issue? Is that how little you know about politics?
This is not every issue. I do not quibble when they vote on most issues, but this is totally different. They see what the GOP did and said in 2016 and they know how Trump will use the court in the election and during a second term and still they roll over to Trump and let him rub their bellies. I know that trumpsters think everything Trump does or says is gospel, but he has turned this country into a grave yard and the rest of the world has turned their backs on us. Our allies in the past realize they can not trust us with Trump at the helm and our enemies see us as a weak sister to be taken advantage of. Yet Trumpsters just keep saying he is wonderful. I am just glad I am closer to my end than my beginning as I do not want to know what this country becomes.

Romney is insane. How do you give this guy an SC nom after voting to remove him from office? How in the world does that make any sense whatsoever?

Presidents nominate to the Supreme Court, I read it in the rules. I have yet to see a Senator say they would approve the nominee. Headlines do, but that is just political bias.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Presidents nominate to the Supreme Court, I read it in the rules. I have yet to see a Senator say they would approve the nominee. Headlines do, but that is just political bias.

He said the court should reflect the country, which he feels is center-right. Besides being wrong, he and the rest of the GOP have signaled they are approving whomever is nominated. and they should! Keep that base super happy. Make it as anti-choice a nom as possible.

It makes 'sense' a couple of ways. One is that Romney recognizes that trump was not removed, and therefore is the legal president and has the right to make this appointment. Another is that Romney is a corrupt Republican who wants this radical right Justice on the court, and supports it for partisan reasons. Do not trust Romney...

He said the court should reflect the country, which he feels is center-right. Besides being wrong, he and the rest of the GOP have signaled they are approving whomever is nominated. and they should! Keep that base super happy. Make it as anti-choice a nom as possible.

Source please with actual quotes from the Senator(s), or it is your own fan fiction.

Source please with actual quotes from the Senator(s), or it is your own fan fiction.

No. Romney made these comments this morning. If you can’t be bothered to follow actual breaking news that you want to comment on, there are a billion you’s on this website. I’ll just post with someone who does.

GEt in the game.

If you think Romney is a Trump supporter you're completely delusional. Heck, he may just be saying this so that he can **** the nominee over when the confirmation vote comes. Romney is, above everything else, a proponent for a bloated, oppressive, self serving, central government. It's what keeps the political class in business and he really likes being in the political class. If he does vote to confirm a nominee then he'll be doing the right thing but it doesn't make him anything other than the petulant worm that he is.

This was to be expected of Romney. He wasn't in the Senate for the 2016 Garland fiasco. He's a Republican and wants the court to be right leaning. Not surprised at all.
I just wonder how everyone will feel if 4 or 6 of the senators that actually vote on this are not senators in January.
I'm hearing some of my Republicans friends say this doesn't feel "right".
I had one actually say Trump should nominate someone but that person should not get considered until after the election and if the majority is lost on November 3rd then it should wait for the new president. Sounded fair to me but I told him your party is not gonna do that. His response was well then I guess I can't complain when Democrats do what they need to do to make this right.
Most Americans believe there should be fairness and 1 set of rules everyone follows.

No. Romney made these comments this morning. If you can’t be bothered to follow actual breaking news that you want to comment on, there are a billion you’s on this website. I’ll just post with someone who does.

GEt in the game.

I didn't dispute the right of center comment, I'm disputing that anyone "signaled they are approving whomever is nominated". If they didn't say it, they didn't say it. If you can prove they said it, then provide the source.

If you think Romney is a Trump supporter you're completely delusional. Heck, he may just be saying this so that he can **** the nominee over when the confirmation vote comes. Romney is, above everything else, a proponent for a bloated, oppressive, self serving, central government. It's what keeps the political class in business and he really likes being in the political class. If he does vote to confirm a nominee then he'll be doing the right thing but it doesn't make him anything other than the petulant worm that he is.

Romney wants the same things as trump - the Republican agenda for plutocracy. trump's cult doesn't understand trump's agenda, that they are his useful idiots, or as he calls them, disgusting people.

We agree he's a 'petulant worm', just like trump. trump is Republicans' DREAM on supporting their agenda. Their objection to him, almost entirely silent, is simply that he's only out for himself even as he gives them everything they want.

This was to be expected of Romney. He wasn't in the Senate for the 2016 Garland fiasco. He's a Republican and wants the court to be right leaning. Not surprised at all.
I just wonder how everyone will feel if 4 or 6 of the senators that actually vote on this are not senators in January.
I'm hearing some of my Republicans friends say this doesn't feel "right".
I had one actually say Trump should nominate someone but that person should not get considered until after the election and if the majority is lost on November 3rd then it should wait for the new president. Sounded fair to me but I told him your party is not gonna do that. His response was well then I guess I can't complain when Democrats do what they need to do to make this right.
Most Americans believe there should be fairness and 1 set of rules everyone follows.

This is an old problem with lame duck government. We've had before where a president and Senate that had been voted out of power, confirmed a Supreme Court Justice as lame ducks after being voted out. See my thread on the history.

Romney is your leftist darling...as long as he is dancing the way you like him to dance. You love him...you support him...right up until he makes a decision you disagree with. Then he suddenly becomes a Trumper.

You folk have a problem.

Back
Top Bottom