• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mistakes happen - U.S. shoots down passenger plane

People forgot that Aegis was built to deal with swarms of incoming Soviet antiship missiles targeting a Carrier Battle Group.

The (in)famous scenario of 50 Soviet Backfire bombers launching 100 AS-6 Kingfish missiles from 200 miles away.

So if that Ukrainian Missile Battery had only been shooting down cargo planes... Everything would be ... Okay?

-

Yes, of course, they're at war with what they consider to be an illegitimate government in Ukraine.

This whole thing is yet another example of what happens when you supply arms to unsavory people. A plane full of innocent civilians just paid the price for what appears to be a poor decision by the Russians. I hope those who are clamoring for us to arm the Ukrainians will take note. I doubt it, though.

And all the militant Islamic groups the US has and is arming in the ME.

I don't even remember hearing about this, but it's certainly timely to bring it up:

Perhaps we'd be wise to take a more wait-and-see attitude about this most recent event in the news . . .

I suspect the current shooters won't be as forthcoming as the USA

I also don't see them ponying up 213K a person for the victims

whadda you think?

I don't even remember hearing about this, but it's certainly timely to bring it up:

Perhaps we'd be wise to take a more wait-and-see attitude about this most recent event in the news . . .

Thanks for reminding me of that one. I remember that, but had forgotten it. In light of recent events, the US is in no position to judge anyone for similar events in a war zone.

Yeah... history. Calm. Some guy on Fox this morning was almost yelling about how Obama needed to stick it to Putin and we should get involved. Crazy...
Conservatives, neo cons NEVER MET a war they didn't like or want...

Angry old McCain's middle name should be warmonger, him and that pos Lindsay Graham..

If the USA starts a war with Russia ( which won't happen as long as Obama's President) it will be the last war in this country's history...

If a Republicon is sworn into office in 17- it's almsot guaranteed the USA will be involved in a war with another country within 2 or 3 years..

I suspect the current shooters won't be as forthcoming as the USA

I also don't see them ponying up 213K a person for the victims

whadda you think?

You're probably correct, but the good news is they're still fighting each other.

Those people are savages ...there is nothing better for the rest of the world than for them to fight each other and .."thin-out-the-herd". I would love for that conflict to be going on this time next year.

If Obama is wise ...he'll give them just enough support to keep the war going. In other words don't provide them with overwhelming power to quickly end the battle ..just enough to sustain it. :)

You're probably correct, but the good news is they're still fighting each other.

Those people are savages ...there is nothing better for the rest of the world than for them to fight each other and .."thin-out-the-herd". I would love for that conflict to be going on this time next year.

If Obama is wise ...he'll give them just enough support to keep the war going. In other words don't provide them with overwhelming power to quickly end the battle ..just enough to sustain it. :)

that's an interesting argument that has much merit as long as the warring parties cease killing innocent bystanders as they did with that missile attack

Conservatives, neo cons NEVER MET a war they didn't like or want...

Angry old McCain's middle name should be warmonger, him and that pos Lindsay Graham..

If the USA starts a war with Russia ( which won't happen as long as Obama's President) it will be the last war in this country's history...

If a Republicon is sworn into office in 17- it's almsot guaranteed the USA will be involved in a war with another country within 2 or 3 years..

You have me confused with somebody who plays, or cares about, partisan politics...

And then they somehow blame Libya rather than Iran for the reprisal Lockerbie bombing 6 months later . Go figure. The guys they eventually tagged for it were no more guilty of it than I am :(

Wtf are you talking about? Thank gawd you're just a Internet poster and not someone in charge.

that's an interesting argument that has much merit as long as the warring parties cease killing innocent bystanders as they did with that missile attack

Except that's not how war works, so he has a terrible idea.

hence my qualification of his idea

What I meant was that innocent civilians get killed when one chooses to go to war, look at Gaza right now. IF the Russian separatists did shoot down that plane, it was a case of mistaken identity. Much as the 1988 shooting down of an Iranian airliner by our military. It happens.

What I meant was that innocent civilians get killed when one chooses to go to war, look at Gaza right now. IF the Russian separatists did shoot down that plane, it was a case of mistaken identity. Much as the 1988 shooting down of an Iranian airliner by our military. It happens.

So did retribution just six months later :(

Back
Top Bottom