• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Missouri school district reinstates spanking as punishment: 'We've had people actually thank us'

madman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Ok, so now parents of the big "woke", transgender accomodating, "CRT" teaching public schools give their schools permission to beat their kids?

I tell ya, you ****ing conservatives are wacked! These are probably the types of people that beat their animals, too.

shame on you parents

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – A school district in Missouri announced it will reinstate spanking this school year – but with a parental caveat.

Cassville School School District superintendent Merlyn Johnson said he did not take the job a year ago with a plan to reinstate corporal punishment – a disciplinary measure the 1,900-student Barry County district abandoned in 2001.

"But it is something that has happened on my watch and I'm OK with it," Johnson said.

The District of Columbia and 27 states prohibit corporal punishment as of mid 2017, according to the National Center on Safe Supportive Learning Environments at the Department of Education. The other states allow it or don't have specific restrictions.

Cassville is a small town with a population just under 4,000 people about 60 miles southwest of Springfield, near the Arkansas border.

Parents were recently notified of a policy approved in June by the school board to once again allow spanking in school – but only as a last resort and with written permission from parents.

Each family will be asked to opt in or out.

Ok, so now parents of the big "woke", transgender accomodating, "CRT" teaching public schools give their schools permission to beat their kids?

I tell ya, you ****ing conservatives are wacked! These are probably the types of people that beat their animals, too.

shame on you parents

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – A school district in Missouri announced it will reinstate spanking this school year – but with a parental caveat.

Cassville School School District superintendent Merlyn Johnson said he did not take the job a year ago with a plan to reinstate corporal punishment – a disciplinary measure the 1,900-student Barry County district abandoned in 2001.

"But it is something that has happened on my watch and I'm OK with it," Johnson said.

The District of Columbia and 27 states prohibit corporal punishment as of mid 2017, according to the National Center on Safe Supportive Learning Environments at the Department of Education. The other states allow it or don't have specific restrictions.'t have specific restrictions.

Cassville is a small town with a population just under 4,000 people about 60 miles southwest of Springfield, near the Arkansas border.

Parents were recently notified of a policy approved in June by the school board to once again allow spanking in school – but only as a last resort and with written permission from parents.

They spanked kids when I went to to school.

That said, nobody should be spanking my kids but me or the old lady.

They spanked kids when I went to to school.

That said, nobody should be spanking my kids but me or the old lady.
Same here
Word

Bravo!

When I was in junior high school in 1949, I threw a stone at someone in agriculture class.

The teacher told me to bend over and he administered one swat.

I am 85.

I have never thrown a stone ever since.

Reminds me of a spoiled American teenager in Singapore sometime in the last century. He had keyed some cars. He was sentenced to be caned. There was an uproar here. Don't remember whether Singapore went through with the punishment. Sure hope it did.

Here in Los Angeles, some "kids" have been taking over corners to do tricks with their cars. Too bad the cops are not allowed to grab those kids, pull their pants down, and give them 10 swats in front of their friends.

Ew, even if you are ok with spanking, who would want a stranger spanking their child, that is disturbing on so many levels.

I question the motives of any school official who is pushing to spank other people's children.

Bravo!

When I was in junior high school in 1949, I threw a stone at someone in agriculture class.

I am 85.

Reminds me of a spoiled American teenager in Singapore sometime in the last century. He had keyed some cars. He was sentenced to be caned. There was an uproar here. Don't remember whether Singapore went through with the punishment. Sure hope it did.

Here in Los Angeles, some "kids" have been taking over corners to do tricks with their cars. Too bad the cops are not allowed to grab those kids, pull their pants down, and give them 10 swats in front of their friends.
When I was in junior high, if my dad got a note or call from school that I had messed up, I would have wished for a spanking at school instead.

Now parents want strangers to discipline their own kids.

shame on you parents

The District of Columbia and 27 states prohibit corporal punishment as of mid 2017, according to the National Center on Safe Supportive Learning Environments at the Department of Education. The other states allow it or don't have specific restrictions.'t have specific restrictions.

Anyone at a school that spanks my child will be getting a spanking from me in return.

beating a child is ignorant......having a teacher beat a child is more ignorant......yes some kids probably should be beaten.....but when a parent says 'it's ok for you to spank my child' all they are saying they want someone else to handle the parental responsibility.......maybe someday out there in the future mankind will evolve beyond our own stupidity........of course we will have to find other ways to make a living

When I was in junior high, if my dad got a note or call from school that I had messed up, I would have wished for a spanking at school instead.

Now parents want strangers to discipline their own kids.
A lot of parents do not want their little darlings disciplined at all.

After all, it must have been the fault of another student -- or the teacher.

And today we are even told that maybe it is the fault of society!

I got paddlings in school in every grade but the 4th and 5th.

Various reasons in the lower grades.. Mainly for fighting in the upper grades.

I didn't experience any negative effects of it.

shame on you parents

You talk about Woke parents and Conservatives in the same sentence... which are they?

Bravo!

I am 85.

That sounds ridiculous. One swat to a 12 year old and you learned your lesson? Spanking is for 3,4 year olds...

I got paddlings in school in every grade but the 4th and 5th.

Various reasons in the lower grades.. Mainly for fighting in the upper grades.

I didn't experience any negative effects of it.
I would have imagined that the beating you took from the other kid would have been enough....

I won all my fights
Perhaps you should have fought kids that were your own age then... beating up little kids is why you got paddled then?

shame on you parents

Yes, people in authority striking children is a great idea...

Perhaps you should have fought kids that were your own age then... beating up little kids is why you got paddled then?
No they were all in my grade

A lot of parents do not want their little darlings disciplined at all.

So why would they want someone else to do it?

After all, it must have been the fault of another student -- or the teacher.

That is a parental issue.

And today we are even told that maybe it is the fault of society!
And today we are told a lot of things and people use some of these cherry picked statements to justify their own stupid reasoning. (Not necessarily you in this case). Doesn't mean I want a stranger smacking my kids in the ass. (Or past tense since my kids are adults now.)

Back
Top Bottom