• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Are you a Producer or Parasite

Democrats - Party of the Parasites

He planted the trailer with its professionally painted message in his Bates County cornfield along heavily traveled U.S. 71 about an hour south of Kansas City. He wanted lots of people to see it.

They did. Including at least one with a good case of outrage, matches and a can of gas.

On May 12, Jungerman’s trailer was torched.

Jungerman said he didn’t mean to direct his sign at local Democrats. Many of those are old-fashioned Harry Truman Democrats, he said.

“They’re more conservative than many Republicans,” he said. “I should have put an ad in the paper to explain that. No, I meant the national Democrat parasite base that is sucking this country dry. The ones that just take from the government and not give anything back.”

Jungerman says he’s not even a die-hard Republican. He voted for Claire McCaskill when she won a U.S. Senate seat in 2006.

Read more: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire - KansasCity.com
I like this guy. My type of American.
Seems some Lakers fans were passing by the sign with gas and matches in the car.

Last edited:
He's wrong about everything, of course-- the only parasites we should be concernced about are multinational corporations siphoning this country's money like leeches-- but it's a shame some hoodlums vandalized his property.

He's wrong about everything, of course-- the only parasites we should be concernced about are multinational corporations siphoning this country's money like leeches-- but it's a shame some hoodlums vandalized his property.

Care to explain this? Is this like illegals sending money home to Mexico?

Care to explain this? Is this like illegals sending money home to Mexico?

More like corporations outsourcing manufacturing jobs to India and China, which helps their bottom line at the expense of the American economy. So yes, it's sort of like sending money to Mexico, only on an exponentially greater scale. Not to mention those undocumented immigrants you speak so contemptuously of are contributing more to our economy than they are taking away.

Are you a Producer or Parasite

Democrats - Party of the Parasites

He planted the trailer with its professionally painted message in his Bates County cornfield along heavily traveled U.S. 71 about an hour south of Kansas City. He wanted lots of people to see it.

They did. Including at least one with a good case of outrage, matches and a can of gas.

On May 12, Jungerman’s trailer was torched.

Jungerman said he didn’t mean to direct his sign at local Democrats. Many of those are old-fashioned Harry Truman Democrats, he said.

“They’re more conservative than many Republicans,” he said. “I should have put an ad in the paper to explain that. No, I meant the national Democrat parasite base that is sucking this country dry. The ones that just take from the government and not give anything back.”

Jungerman says he’s not even a die-hard Republican. He voted for Claire McCaskill when she won a U.S. Senate seat in 2006.

Read more: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire - KansasCity.com

I actually find this guy's quote funny, because as a Harry Truman/Blue Dog Democrat myself, this is an excellent description of how we are.

Missouri and Kansas have historically had a lot of political tensions: rural/suburban versus urban, liberal versus conservative--which date back to the Civil War. Some of the bloodiest battles in the Civil War were fought on the MIssouri/Kansas border. Looks like the baldknobbers are back at it again, burning up the trailer.

Seems some Lakers fans were passing by the sign with gas and matches in the car.

I'll have to agree with this gentleman.
There is much to be done.
That the police steal from this man is reprehensible and then the judge backs them up....this looks very bad.
Also, he does have a right to free speech, those who try to prevent this should be fined 90% of their monetary worth and then be deported to any nation without rights that we have....North Korea????

He’s a staunch believer in personal responsibility.

There you are right there. But the guy has a very valid point, though a prejorative way of describing it. Democrats in general support the hand outs - in some ways it's valid in others is dependency and slavery to government. This guys point is to recognize the parasites on the system and remove them. We all may need a helping hand sometime in our life but parasites on our system are unacceptable.

Yes, the sign might be a bit over the top, but the people who set fire to it are criminals, pure and simple. And about the sign itself? It expresses what some people legitimately feel, and is an expression of the man's first amendment rights. He broke no laws in putting up that sign, yet a few people want to deprive him of his constitutional right to express his opinion. IMHO, that not only makes them criminals, but supporters of the old Soviet regime that did not like free speech either.

At any rate, the guy was completely within his rights, and those who set fire to his sign are complete douche bags who should pay the maximum penalty the law allows, if caught.

Burning the sign is pathetic. It may be stupid and mindlessly partisan, but that doesn't excuse such unacceptable behavior.

I think we can all agree that nobody should be burning down anybody's trailer, or any other private property, whatever may be written on it.

From the article:

David Jungerman farms 6,800 acres of river bottom land in western Missouri.

I would put money on the guy getting Farm Subsidies, Social Security, and Medicare. Which is the irony and the hypocrisy of this. Most transfers of wealth occur from younger generations to older generations and from cities to rural areas.

From the article:

I would put money on the guy getting Farm Subsidies, Social Security, and Medicare. Which is the irony and the hypocrisy of this. Most transfers of wealth occur from younger generations to older generations and from cities to rural areas.

Well, I don't see SS or Medicare users being a "parasite" as I think he'd have to pay into that system without having a choice about opting out and keeping his money. About Farm Subsidies --- possibly, but we'd need a little more about the man before I'd jump on the "hypocrite" bandwagon. Do you have some background on Farm Subsidies he's received?

Well, I don't see SS or Medicare users being a "parasite" as I think he'd have to pay into that system without having a choice about opting out and keeping his money. About Farm Subsidies --- possibly, but we'd need a little more about the man before I'd jump on the "hypocrite" bandwagon. Do you have some background on Farm Subsidies he's received?

Nevermind the SS, the Medicare or even the farm subsidies. He had no problem with accepting free help from the fire department.

Nevermind the SS, the Medicare or even the farm subsidies. He had no problem with accepting free help from the fire department.

You mean The Rich Hill volunteer fire department? Volunteer fire departments are subsidized and gather funds from the community. And I'm not sure he wouldn't have let it burn as the story doesn't identify HE called the fire department - just that the VOLUNTEER fire department responded.

More like corporations outsourcing manufacturing jobs to India and China, which helps their bottom line at the expense of the American economy. So yes, it's sort of like sending money to Mexico, only on an exponentially greater scale. Not to mention those undocumented immigrants you speak so contemptuously of are contributing more to our economy than they are taking away.
And what is the lesson?
What would Adam Smith say? He did mention something about letting others mfg. what they can when they are cheaper.
You don't want to grow oranges in Alaska... do you?
That's what these companies face.

These companies are right to move their businesses to more profitable waters.
They need to compete and survive. Prosper hopefully.
Dead companies staying in America don't offer jobs.

The problem is in large part an American society that has let burdens be loaded on producers from all angles.
At some point the straws add up to the point of pain.
So, a business either throws in the towel, or lifts its middle finger when it can and moves.
Good.

Perhaps future generations will relearn age old lessons.

Last edited:
His words are a little strong, but he has the freedom to say them and display it on his property. I would say many Democrats support a parasitic budget plan where the government feeds off of our money and money that we don't have. However, Republicans haven't been as fiscally conservative as they would have us believe. Far nastier things are said about the Republican party.

And what is the lesson?
What would Adam Smith say?

Frankly I don't care what Adam Smith would say because I don't blindly follow irrelevant dogmas established 300 years ago. Modern global economics would have boggled Smith's mind.

A more relevant question might be what would John Maynard Keynes have to say?

These companies are right to move their businesses to more profitable waters.
They need to compete and survive.
Dead companies don't offer jobs either.

Better those companies fail than send their jobs to competing economies. They might have the right to outsource, but we as Americans also have the right to protect our economy.

However, Republicans haven't been as fiscally conservative as they would have us believe.

Amen to that. If Republicans had understood the true meaning of fiscal conservatism during the Bush years, the economy wouldn't be in the mess it's in right now.

Last edited:
Ahhh gee...

... that's too bad..

Couldn't of happened to a nicer reactionary partisan tool.

Frankly I don't care what Adam Smith would say because I don't blindly follow irrelevant dogmas established 300 years ago. Modern global economics would have boggled Smith's mind.
Timeless lessons.
Markets are markets, and human nature is human nature.
The world is closer... like a collection of states 150-years ago.
But the fundamentals are still true.

A more relevant question might be what would John Maynard Keynes have to say?
Keynes, Galbraith... tried and failed.
Stagflation wasn't supposed to happen according to Keynes. It did happen and Boom went the Dynamite!

JFK stated the path to prosperity in his 1962 Economics Club of NY speech.
Cut taxes, cut regulations, lift burdens... not for a short fix, but a permanent fix.

Better those companies fail than send their jobs to competing economies. They might have the right to outsource, but we as Americans also have the right to protect our economy.
Protect it they haven't done.
They have put massive burdens on the employer and their business.
At both the state and federal level.

"Spread the Wealth Around".

California was once the Golden State; business friendly.
Now it's business hostile, and well... look at the financial fiasco.

Perhaps we need more illegals to right the economy.
20 million ain't enough.

Ahhh gee...

... that's too bad..

Couldn't of happened to a nicer reactionary partisan tool.
Did you read the article?
I'd wager you didn't.

Last edited:
Did you read the article?
I'd wager you didn't..

And you would lose.

Some idiot puts out his hate-filled reactionary patisan philosophy in giant letters, in the form of a deliberate insult, to many millions of people in full public view of literally thousands of people and got a very negative response for dong so. That's what sometimes happens when you do stupid stuff.

His words are a little strong, but he has the freedom to say them and display it on his property. I would say many Democrats support a parasitic budget plan where the government feeds off of our money and money that we don't have. However, Republicans haven't been as fiscally conservative as they would have us believe. Far nastier things are said about the Republican party.

"Parasitic budget plan" is simple rhetoric. No, democrats do not support that, but many republicans and libertarians will try and paint things as such. It's the politics of namecalling, and it is sad.

The guy was perfectly well within his rights to express his stupid views as he did. Whoever torched it was not within their rights, and is a criminal who will hopefully be found and prosecuted.

You mean The Rich Hill volunteer fire department? Volunteer fire departments are subsidized and gather funds from the community. And I'm not sure he wouldn't have let it burn as the story doesn't identify HE called the fire department - just that the VOLUNTEER fire department responded.

Stop that. If you start using logic and start dealing in reality then people who can't actually argue anything can't use over the top hyperbolic stereotypes such as suggesting that conservatives are anarchists and that if you dislike excessive federal government bloating and redistribution programs you must obviously believe that every portion of government and its purposes must cease to exist entirely.

And you would lose.

Some idiot puts out his hate-filled reactionary patisan philosophy in giant letters, in the form of a deliberate insult, to many millions of people in full public view of literally thousands of people and got a very negative response for dong so. That's what sometimes happens when you do stupid stuff.

"Hate-filled reactionary partisan philosophy"? I bet you're a fan of hate crimes legislation, aren't you? And hate = views that criticize your own.

Back
Top Bottom