• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Missouri man beats 4-year old girl to death believing she was a demon

Poison

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Oddly enough, this scenario (where someone commits a heinous murder due to believing the victim is possessed by demons) is fairly common from what I've heard, and sometimes associated with abuse of psychoactive drugs like PCP, or just psychosis in general.

Missouri man has pleaded guilty to the murder of a 4-year-old girl who was beaten with a belt and then dunked in an icy pond in what the local sheriff has described as part of a "religious-type episode."

At the time of the man's December 2020 arrest, Benton County Sheriff Eric Knox said the accused had described the deceased girl's mother, who was a neighbor, as a "demon," and claimed the child would end up like her mother unless someone intervened.

The man, Ethan Mast, and another neighbor, Kourtney Aumen, both were charged with second-degree murder as well as three counts of first-degree assault and single counts of first-degree sexual abuse with physical harm.

Ethan Mast Pleads Guilty After Girl, 4, Dies During Exorcism

Oddly enough, this scenario (where someone commits a heinous murder due to believing the victim is possessed by demons) is fairly common from what I've heard, and sometimes associated with abuse of psychoactive drugs like PCP, or just psychosis in general.

Missouri man has pleaded guilty to the murder of a 4-year-old girl who was beaten with a belt and then dunked in an icy pond in what the local sheriff has described as part of a "religious-type episode."

At the time of the man's December 2020 arrest, Benton County Sheriff Eric Knox said the accused had described the deceased girl's mother, who was a neighbor, as a "demon," and claimed the child would end up like her mother unless someone intervened.

The man, Ethan Mast, and another neighbor, Kourtney Aumen, both were charged with second-degree murder as well as three counts of first-degree assault and single counts of first-degree sexual abuse with physical harm.
They could invoke Freedom of Religion as a defense... this could be an interesting case.

They look fairly normal. What explains this my best guess being inbreeding.

Look at those two, they must have made them take the red caps off for the mugshots.

Jesus ****ing christ on his throne. I'm not religious, but we got bad vibes coming in.

Such edgy "humor"; I'm totally trolled. :rolleyes:

Getting you to fall for a non-Troll and think it was Trolling was the Troll.

LOL THAT... was the Troll!

Getting you to fall for a non-Troll and think it was Trolling was the Troll.

LOL THAT... was the Troll!
This isn't the thread for this crap, Bodi. Show some damned respect for a dead 4 year-old. :mad:

Here's what l don't understand about them using the religious defense here. It says there is a charge of first degree sexual abuse. I don't understand how that fits with a religious defense. It makes me think they are just saying anything to see if any of it sticks and can get them out of this.

Here's what l don't understand about them using the religious defense here. It says there is a charge of first degree sexual abuse. I don't understand how that fits with a religious defense. It makes me think they are just saying anything to see if any of it sticks and can get them out of this.
Freedom of Religion is an area protected by the U.S. Constitution.

What religion promotes 1st degree sexual abuse of 4yr old girls?

Thats the problem with saying my God made me do it
Not sure... one like the one that says selling your daughter into prostitution or killing all infidels?

What religion promotes 1st degree sexual abuse of 4yr old girls?

Thats the problem with saying my God made me do it

Is it really that much of a surprise? I mean, how much of stretch is it from talking snakes and a guy being swallowed by a whale, to inventing your own god-justified morality that allows for sex with kids?

Some Jewish boys get blow jobs from their Rabbi after receiving a circumcision. I joke not. It's called a metzitzah b'peh.

Hindus and Muslims toss babies off the roof as part of a religious right:

/shrug

Not sure... one like the one that says selling your daughter into prostitution or killing all infidels?
Or offering your virgin daughters to be gang-raped by a mob? The last righteous man in Sodom did that.

Back
Top Bottom