• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Missouri lawmaker resigns after being kicked out of GOP caucus for allegedly molesting his children

beefheart

Ice Cream for Crow?
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Once again, the Q anon crowd is disturbingly quiet.....

On Tuesday, KSHB reported that Missouri state Rep. Rick Roeber has submitted his resignation, effective Friday.

Roeber, who ran to replace his deceased wife in the state House in 2020, was embroiled in controversy when his adult children came forward during the election with graphic details of physical and sexual assault at his hands. He was elected anyway, but his children made a plea to now-GOP state House Speaker Rob Vescovo to prevent him from being seated. Roeber was banned from the GOP House caucus pending an ethics investigation.

According to the report, Roeber did not cite the assault and molestation allegations as the reason for his departure.

"He said he needs to move out of state to be closer to family and cited that as the reason for his departure from the Legislature," reported Summer Ballentine. "He also said he has accomplished his only legislative goals: voting on education bills and memorializing his late wife, former Republican Rep. Rebecca Roeber."

On Tuesday, KSHB reported that Missouri state Rep. Rick Roeber has submitted his resignation, effective Friday.

Roeber, who ran to replace his deceased wife in the state House in 2020, was embroiled in controversy when his adult children came forward during the election with graphic details of physical and sexual assault at his hands. He was elected anyway, but his children made a plea to now-GOP state House Speaker Rob Vescovo to prevent him from being seated. Roeber was banned from the GOP House caucus pending an ethics investigation.

According to the report, Roeber did not cite the assault and molestation allegations as the reason for his departure.

"He said he needs to move out of state to be closer to family and cited that as the reason for his departure from the Legislature," reported Summer Ballentine. "He also said he has accomplished his only legislative goals: voting on education bills and memorializing his late wife, former Republican Rep. Rebecca Roeber."

This keeps happening from Republicans at an alarming rate.

As you said, why so silent, QAnon? I thought you said you wanted to protect children!

Damn, when are Republicans going to learn from the Democratic Party you don't kick out such men, but instead you cheer them? They just nominated the children molester of the Democratic slate in the primary - proceeding to become president. I wonder how many children are touching his hairy legs in the privacy of the White House?

Damn, when are Republicans going to learn from the Democratic Party you don't kick out such men, but instead you cheer them? They just nominated the children molester of the Democratic slate in the primary - proceeding to become president. I wonder how many children are touching his hairy legs in the privacy of the White House?

You would... :)

Oh look a stupid post meant to distract from the topic!

Thank goodness we've finally found something too repugnant for R's to support. Why did they support this? "...five Miss Teen USA 1997 contestants did allege in 2016 that Trump walked into the dressing room as contestants — some as young as 15 years old — were changing." 45's response?

"Well, I'll tell you the funniest is that I’ll go backstage before a show, and everyone's getting dressed, and ready and everything else, and you know, no men are anywhere, and I'm allowed to go in because I'm the owner of the pageant and therefore I'm inspecting it. You know, I'm inspecting because I want to make sure that everything is good. You know, the dresses. 'Is everyone okay?' You know, they're standing there with no clothes. 'Is everybody okay?' And you see these incredible looking women, and so, I sort of get away with things like that. But no, I've been very good."
1618432003747.png

Where are you at qanon? I thought those fruitcake conspiracists were all about protecting the children from such predators? I guess not.

Back
Top Bottom