• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Missouri Gun Shop Refuses To Sell Weapons, Ammo To Biden Supporters, And They’re Very Upset

aociswundumho

Capitalist Pig
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right

Immediately following Joe Biden’s inauguration, Trigger Firearms & Reloading, in Jefferson City, Missouri, published a statement indicating the company will no longer sell munitions or firearms to his supporters.

“We don’t have guns or ammo for Biden supporters,” the gun store wrote on its Facebook page. “Sorry for the inconvenience.”

This is a great idea, I hope more gun stores follow suit.

But kicking trump off twitter is an outrage!!!!!!

Good comparison.

Meanwhile, since most victims of gun violence pull the trigger themselves, the store's punative action will probably save lives.

I would do it differently. I would still sell to them because I wouldn't want to infringe on their 2nd Amendment rights. But I would charge them double for everything, and then use the extra profits to support 2nd Amendment rights legal groups. Maybe then they would begin to appreciate all of the extra costs their votes for liberal gun grabber but upon the rest of us in many states. So, lets turn the tables on them, and hopefully educate them on how it feels to be seemingly arbitrraritly punished just for wanting to exercise their God given American right to own a firearm.

But kicking trump off twitter is an outrage!!!!!!

What makes you think that this isn't in part a reaction to what Twitter did (and Democrats generally seem to support)?

What makes you think that this isn't in part a reaction to what Twitter did (and Democrats generally seem to support)?
I say go for it. And then we step it up a notch. Kick every conservative off social media.

Shouldn't all defenders of private property support these things?

I'm no expert, but presumably the local public accommodation laws don't permit this behavior.

But then, it's also the sort of policy that isn't really enforceable unless they already know the customer's politics somehow.

That's their right. Political affiliation is not a protected class.

That said, there is a difference between (a) refusing to continue providing a service to someone who is violating the terms of that service, and just (b) refusing a service to someone when they haven't actually done anything at all except support someone/something you don't like.

I don't think we want to get to the point in this country where people are kicking Trump supporters out of taxis, or not allowing the children of Biden supporters to join little league clubs. At a certain point we have to be adults.

I'm no expert, but presumably the local public accommodation laws don't permit this behavior.

But then, it's also the sort of policy that isn't really enforceable unless they already know the customer's politics somehow.

Such laws generally only protect groups that have been historically discriminated against. So basically anything SCOTUS calls a "suspect classification" plus any additional groups that a given state thinks should be included in addition. Then again, sometimes you've got an oddball state, so I won't say there absolutely is no state that says supporting a specific political candidate or engaging in a certain type of speech counts.

However, I'd be curious to see whether SCOTUS says something about the 2nd figuring in. I doubt it, since having a right against the government to bear arms =/= the right to purchase arms from one particular store, and stores can discriminate for any reason they want just so long as that discrimination is not on the basis of something listed in anti-discrimination laws.

I would do it differently. I would still sell to them because I wouldn't want to infringe on their 2nd Amendment rights. But I would charge them double for everything, and then use the extra profits to support 2nd Amendment rights legal groups.

That's a good idea too!

That's their right. Political affiliation is not a protected class.

That said, there is a difference between (a) refusing to continue providing a service to someone who is violating the terms of that service, and just (b) refusing a service to someone when they haven't actually done anything at all except support someone/something you don't like.

I don't think we want to get to the point in this country where people are kicking Trump supporters out of taxis, or not allowing the children of Biden supporters to join little league clubs. At a certain point we have to be adults.

Good points. Trump was simply treated like everybody else violating TOS. This store simply seeks to drive us apart. Its kind of sad.

"Did you vote for Joe, boy?"

"Er... No?"

Such laws generally only protect groups that have been historically discriminated against. So basically anything SCOTUS calls a "suspect classification" plus any additional groups that a given state thinks should be included in addition. Then again, sometimes you've got an oddball state, so I won't say there absolutely is no state that says supporting a specific political candidate or engaging in a certain type of speech counts.

However, I'd be curious to see whether SCOTUS says something about the 2nd figuring in. I doubt it, since having a right against the government to bear arms =/= the right to purchase arms from one particular store, and stores can discriminate for any reason they want just so long as that discrimination is not on the basis of something listed in anti-discrimination laws.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

I guess I'll lean on it being unenforceable instead.

Who are they to say I'm not wearing this Biden shirt ironically? And this "**** Trump!" hat was from my granny, and she's visiting this week so gotta wear it.

I need a gun!

cool. let's see how this works out for them.

The temper tantrum continues...

You do know that that is illegal and there will be lawsuits.
Coming from people that championed shops barring Trump supporters for 4 years and who support the cancel culture movement, thats ****ing HILARIOUS.

Political affiliation isnt a protected class...

remember that?

An FFL belongs to the people.

F he is refusing service for political reasons, yank it!!!

I'm sure this is a publicly stunt.
Most likely he was being boycotted by Biden supporters anyway.
Tthia was his way of making up for lost business...

Under Title VII, Section 703(f) of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, employers are permitted to intentionally discriminate against communists. So I see absolutely no reason why any vendor may not also intentionally discriminate against leftist freaks. It seems to be in the spirit of the law.

You do know that that is illegal and there will be lawsuits.
Yet it's OK for liberals to harass Republicans just because they are republicans

" Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., said, "If you see anybody from that (Trump) Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere."

" White House top aide Stephen Miller was verbally assaulted at two restaurants, in Washington, D.C."

" The wife of Republican Colorado Sen. Cory Gardner said that she received a graphic text message with a video of a beheading after he voted to confirm Kavanaugh."

"When Kavanaugh arrived at the Supreme Court to take his seat, a mob pounded on the doors of the Supreme Court. They yelled, “No justice, no peace.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ratic-attacks-assaults-threats-on-republicans

How many more incidents would you like that no lawsuits were filed?

Back
Top Bottom