• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Missouri GOP abortion solution: kill the mother

Deuce

Outer space potato man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

HOUSE BILL NO. 2810

3. The offense of trafficking abortion-inducing devices or drugs is a class A felony if:
(1) The abortion was performed or induced or was attempted to be performed or induced on a woman carrying an unborn child of more than ten weeks gestational age;
(2) The abortion was performed or induced or was attempted to be performed or induced on a woman who has an ectopic pregnancy

So, this isn't some oversight or bad wording where they forget to make an exemption for a life-threatening, non-viable pregnancy. They specifically call out ectopic pregnancies. This asshole:

MemberPhoto.aspx.png

Missouri Rep Brian Seitz

Wants to kill women. Ectopic pregnancies aren't viable, and they are extremely dangerous to the woman. This guy wants to make it a felony to save that woman's life.

Look at that face and tell me if you would be at all surprised to find out he's a member of the KKK.

HOUSE BILL NO. 2810

So, this isn't some oversight or bad wording where they forget to make an exemption for a life-threatening, non-viable pregnancy. They specifically call out ectopic pregnancies. This asshole:

View attachment 67379220

Missouri Rep Brian Seitz

Wants to kill women. Ectopic pregnancies aren't viable, and they are extremely dangerous to the woman. This guy wants to make it a felony to save that woman's life.

Look at that face and tell me if you would be at all surprised to find out he's a member of the KKK.
Zeolots.

HOUSE BILL NO. 2810

View attachment 67379220

Missouri Rep Brian Seitz

And these people have the nerve to call themselves "pro-life." :rolleyes:

Did you look at your link? This has to do with trafficking in drugs or devices meant to cause or induce abortion in violation of State or Federal law and this particular part specifies that it is a higher offense if it actually results in an abortion. Is illegally trafficked abortion drugs/devices something pro choicers actually support?

HOUSE BILL NO. 2810

View attachment 67379220

Missouri Rep Brian Seitz

They're going to kill women in TX as well. A baby can die inside the mom after 4 months, poison here, and they can't offer a termination. She has to fly to another state, and now surrounding states are trying to make that illegal. Death will come, but God will be a happy camper? I don't think so.

Any woman that would live in those hell holes is asking for trouble. They'll be mainly full of white men in twenty years.
I think we should then make it illegal for them to find a wife elsewhere.

Did you look at your link? This has to do with trafficking in drugs or devices meant to cause or induce abortion in violation of State or Federal law and this particular part specifies that it is a higher offense if it actually results in an abortion. Is illegally trafficked abortion drugs/devices something pro choicers actually support?

The FDA approved RU-486? Is that the drug that's being "trafficked"?

Last edited:

From the proposed bill:

(2) The abortion was performed or induced or was attempted to be performed or induced on a woman who has an ectopic pregnancy

Ectopic pregnancies are usually fatal for the woman if not treated.

"An ectopic pregnancy is a medical emergency. Your fallopian tubes aren’t as flexible. They can burst as the fertilized egg develops. When this happens, you can experience large amounts of internal bleeding. This is life threatening. An ectopic pregnancy needs to be treated right away to avoid injury to the fallopian tube, other organs in the abdominal cavity, internal bleeding and death.​
Unfortunately, an ectopic pregnancy is fatal for the fetus. It cannot survive outside of the uterus. Quick treatment for an ectopic pregnancy is important to protect the mother’s life. If the egg has implanted in the fallopian tube and the tube bursts, there can be severe internal bleeding. This can lead to maternal death."​
link

Still think that law is just about 'trafficking drugs?' Or that there is anything humane about that proposed law?

The FDA approved RU-486? Is that the drug that's being "trafficked"?
Pretty much all drugs are subject to state and federal laws. Not sure why that one should be exempt. I mean, c’mon, we’re talking the government here - the same people that were/are not to be questioned when it comes to Covid.

Pretty much all drugs are subject to state and federal laws. Not sure why that one should be exempt.

The way you phrased it made it sound like it was illegal drugs being trafficked. And there may be a problem with MO banning the legal RU-486 -

"In addition, the FDA's approval of mifepristone pursuant to federal law may itself preempt the states' authority to pass restrictions on mifepristone."

SB 1178 - Under this act, a person or entity commits the offense of trafficking abortion-inducing devices or drugs if such person or entity knowingly imports, exports, distributes, delivers, manufactures, produces, prescribes, administers, or dispenses, or attempts to do so,
You should read the link before spouting off on what you imagine it says.

Tell me why you think they specified ectopic pregnancies.

It's a class B felony to sell abortion medication, but elevates to a Class A felony if it saves the life of a woman. Justify that to tall of us, X Factor.

HOUSE BILL NO. 2810

View attachment 67379220

Missouri Rep Brian Seitz

I wouldn't be surprised if he's a virgin, either. What a numbnutz.

I've been toking for long before it was legal.

HOUSE BILL NO. 2810

View attachment 67379220

Missouri Rep Brian Seitz

There are only 2 outcomes to an ectopic pregnancy.

1. Nothing is done. Abortion is denied. The woman dies.
2. An abortion is performed. The woman lives.

There are over 65 thousand ectopic pregnancies in America each year.

This man and republicans in Missouri who vote for this literally want to murder women.

Which is not surprising to me and I have known that for a very long time.

Back
Top Bottom