• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mississippi

Spell Mississippi/Call the Senate Race

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Side note: I didn't even know there was a song.

Yes, but it isn’t that I don’t remember how to spell it and have to recall the song to remember. It is that when I say the spelling in my head it just automatically comes out in the rhythm and tone of the song. That also started happening to me with “bananas” after that damn Gwen Steffani song.

I'm good without the song. :)

I predict Hyde-Smith will win a close race. It feels like all the making of the Moore-Jones races without the serious allegations.

Hyde-Smith has hinted at possessing just enough Mississippi-DNA-racism to probably win.

I think of Harry Morgan playing General Steele

I can spell. Hyde-Smith will win in Mississippi. She is racist enough.

My grandma had a different funny little song about it. It involved saying "curly letter" for the esses. I don't remember the whole thing though.

M-I crooked letter
Crooked letter I
Crooked Letter
Crooked letter I
Humpback humpback I
Mississippi!

This I had heard. It's not the cadence I recall for spelling the word, but I do remember the mnemonic.

I forgot to add Espy. Mississippi is not as racist as people think. Espy has more to offer all people in Mississippi than Hyde-Smith and I believe people in Mississippi know that. Espy is a step forward. Hyde-Smith is at best same ole same ole.

I forgot to add Espy. Mississippi is not as racist as people think. Espy has more to offer all people in Mississippi than Hyde-Smith and I believe people in Mississippi know that. Espy is a step forward. Hyde-Smith is at best same ole same ole.

Some McDaniel supporters are hoping Espy wins because it will give McDaniel another shot in two years.

M-I crooked letter
Crooked letter I
Crooked Letter
Crooked letter I
Humpback humpback I
Mississippi!

This I had heard. It's not the cadence I recall for spelling the word, but I do remember the mnemonic.

That's the one! LOL, thanks for that.

I can spell. Hyde-Smith will win in Mississippi. She is racist enough.

Ouch. You are correct, of course, but I'm ever the optimist; I hope Espy will win despite the fact that the State's Election Dept. is blatantly and transparently rigged Red.

Racism is like pregnancy. One is or one isn't

i didn't know that there was a song. i thought that my kindergarten teacher made that up. another day, another interesting factoid.

The European who decended it south the farthest named it Mipipissi.

The dumbest, least healthy and arguably only US state which approaches third world ****hole status...

ms_health_scorecard.jpg

I can see Hyde-Smith winning by a large margin.

The dumbest, least healthy and arguably only US state which approaches third world ****hole status...

I can see Hyde-Smith winning by a large margin.

“She’s a brick............” :mrgreen:

Ouch. You are correct, of course, but I'm ever the optimist; I hope Espy will win despite the fact that the State's Election Dept. is blatantly and transparently rigged Red.

Espy was previously one of Mississippi’s Congressmen so he is familiar to the voters in the state.

Racism is like pregnancy. One is or one isn't

And what pray tell is the definitive "racism" test? Is there like a little cross that becomes ablaze when the subject of the test pees on it?

Back
Top Bottom