• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mississippi Republican calls for killings of trans people and supporters

beefheart

Ice Cream for Crow?
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Here is your talibornagain Republican party....

Robert Foster, a former GOP house representative in Mississippi and failed gubernatorial candidate there, has a new message he hopes will open doors for him: kill trans people and their supporters.

"Some of y'all still want to try and find political compromise with those that want to groom our school aged children and pretend men are women, etc," he wrote on Twitter. "I think they need to be lined up against wall before a firing squad to be sent to an early judgment."

Screen-Shot-2022-03-25-at-7.05.53-PM.jpg

The Mississippi Free Press contacted him; he doubled down:

"I said what I said," he wrote, adding to what he had tweeted. "The law should be changed so that anyone trying to sexually groom children and/or advocating to put men pretending to be women in locker rooms and bathrooms with young women should receive the death penalty by firing squad."
Foster runs Cedar Hill Farm, an "agritourism" venue in DeSoto County, and served as a state representative from 2016 until 2020 after a close-run GOP primary; the Democratic Party didn't bother to run a candidate in his blood-red district. He won 18% of the vote in the 2019 Republican primary for governor after refusing to allow women journalists to accompany him on the campaign trail, only men, for a third-place finish.

Last edited:

Robert Foster, a former GOP house representative in Mississippi and failed gubernatorial candidate there, has a new message he hopes will open doors for him: kill trans people and their supporters.

"Some of y'all still want to try and find political compromise with those that want to groom our school aged children and pretend men are women, etc," he wrote on Twitter. "I think they need to be lined up against wall before a firing squad to be sent to an early judgment."

Foster runs Cedar Hill Farm, an "agritourism" venue in DeSoto County, and served as a state representative from 2016 until 2020 after a close-run GOP primary; the Democratic Party didn't bother to run a candidate in his blood-red district. He won 18% of the vote in the 2019 Republican primary for governor after refusing to allow women journalists to accompany him on the campaign trail, only men, for a third-place finish.
I guess it doesn't apply to Denny Hastert though....

Mississippi.

*shudder*

Passed through there once. My ****ing god.

Mississippi... this should surprise no one, perhaps one of the most backwards. Christian Taliban driven, stuck in the 1950s, bigot filled states left in the union.

Oh, he'd fit right in here with all the "hair on fire" trans threads.

I didn't think it was possible, but those guys are getting worse.

Mississippi... this should surprise no one, perhaps one of the most backwards. Christian Taliban driven, stuck in the 1950s, bigot filled states left in the union.
I have never been to Mississippi and have no interest in doing so, but maybe some people like it and feel that it is getting a bad rap.

I remember reading that Jackson, Mississippi, now has one of the highest rates of violent crime in this nation.

But back in the much-maligned 1950s (when I was a teenager), it was a nice quiet city.

I was going to express hope that Robert Foster suffers some consequences for these ridiculous comments, but then I realized that he's already suffering: he lives in Mississippi. So, rather than anger, I feel only pity.

Mr.Congressman, You might want to turn your sights regarding your bottom-of-the-barrel-one of the worst states in the USA, rather
than be concerned with subjects that are WAY above your IQ By the way, who raised you? I suspect a pack of special-needs crocodiles.

This borders on being a hate crime. He is targeting people because of their core identity and telling people to commit premeditated murder. If he said the same thing about black people he would be part of the Klan and likely arrested for it. I wonder how many of the GOP stay mute or will they condemn him?

This borders on being a hate crime. He is targeting people because of their core identity and telling people to commit premeditated murder. If he said the same thing about black people he would be part of the Klan and likely arrested for it. I wonder how many of the GOP stay mute or will they condemn him?
It's a moral crime in both cases. I think legally someone can say black people or trans people or Republicans should be executed and it's not a crime. Rather the response is to shun such people hopefully, though some groups support them instead.

It's a moral crime in both cases. I think legally someone can say black people or trans people or Republicans should be executed and it's not a crime. Rather the response is to shun such people hopefully, though some groups support them instead.
I just remembered that attacking LGBT supporters is attacking the free speech protections of the First Amendment.

He can not say that they should be executed because he is endorsing a crime and that is beyond the limit of free speech protections (fire in a crowded theater) because he is putting their lives in danger by telling supporters to execute them. He can say that he hates them and his god hates them but he cannot tell people to kidnap and kill them just for who they are. Free Speech rights do not protect that. Killing them for who they are is endorsing a hate crime.

He can not say that they should be executed because he is endorsing a crime and that is beyond the limit of free speech protections (fire in a crowded theater) because he is putting their lives in danger by telling supporters to execute them. He can say that he hates them and his god hates them but he cannot tell people to kidnap and kill them just for who they are. Free Speech rights do not protect that. Killing them for who they are is endorsing a hate crime.

But if he's advocating doing it legally - passing laws to execute people - that's technically not a crime. If he's saying to do it illegally - kidnap and kill them - there might be a case for that being criminal, I'd have to look into the law.

I have never been to Mississippi and have no interest in doing so, but maybe some people like it and feel that it is getting a bad rap.

I remember reading that Jackson, Mississippi, now has one of the highest rates of violent crime in this nation.

But back in the much-maligned 1950s (when I was a teenager), it was a nice quiet city.
Wow, did you really just say that?

Maybe it was a "nice quiet city" if you weren't part of the population that was constantly being abused and oppressed. Things were not better in the 50s.

But if he's advocating doing it legally - passing laws to execute people - that's technically not a crime. If he's saying to do it illegally - kidnap and kill them - there might be a case for that being criminal, I'd have to look into the law.
He is not passing laws. He wants his bigoted supporters to round them up and stand them against a wall to be executed. That is no different than lynching black people in the 1950s.
From the OP,

"Some of y'all still want to try and find political compromise with those that want to groom our school aged children and pretend men are women, etc," he wrote on Twitter. "I think they need to be lined up against wall before a firing squad to be sent to an early judgment.
I hope that he was banned from Twitter because of this statement.

I hope so too, but think it was ambiguous whether he was referring to making a law or not. Firing squads are legal executions generally in the US, I don't really see the term used for other killings.

I couldn't find that tweet, but found another from him supporting violence and reported it to Twitter.

I hope so too, but think it was ambiguous whether he was referring to making a law or not. Firing squads are legal executions generally in the US, I don't really see the term used for other killings.
There was no mention of passing new legislation or a trial/conviction. This is a modern-day lynching.

Yeah and most of the states around mississippi, dirt poor and voting republican. I can see why the gop wants to do away with the department of education.

When do we get to start shooting the democrats another gop supporter asked at another gop gathering. The base of the gop has been taught to hate the dems ever since reagan, I think they've learned the lesson.

Wow, did you really just say that?

Maybe it was a "nice quiet city" if you weren't part of the population that was constantly being abused and oppressed. Things were not better in the 50s.
Yeah, but the blacks and womenfolk knew their place. /s

Sickos like this can only exist in a political environment because more so-called respectable politicians are waging their own culture war against the trans community.

Back
Top Bottom