• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mississippi rejects state flag featuring giant mosquito

Phys251

Purge evil with Justice
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Buzzkill: Mississippi rejects state flag featuring giant mosquito | Mississippi | The Guardian

Mississippi will not put a huge mosquito on its new state flag.

The state department of archives and history (MDAH) said on Tuesday that a design featuring the blood-sucking insect had slipped through the screening process and should not have been among the selections posted online on Monday.
"The mosquito flag advanced to Round Two due to a typo in a list of flag numbers submitted by one commissioner," the agency said in a statement Tuesday. "That commissioner has requested that the flag be removed from the Round Two gallery, and MDAH staff has complied."

Mosquito%20flag_0.PNG

Yes, that's the actual design. :lamo

At least its better than a leaf.

Seriously. Leaves are silly. Angola still has perhaps the best, most badass flag on Earth.

aolarge.gif

Why can't Ol' Miss use something like this? With a bit of pizzazz?

At least its better than a leaf.

Better for what?
Know what the maple leaf is supposed to represent? In the War of 1812 when the Americans invaded Canada they were resisted by British garrison troops, Canadian militia and Native Indian tribes. The Brits wore their red coats but the militias camouflaged themselves with branches and leaves. It became a symbol of the successful resistance of America's effort to conquer Canada. So blame yourselves if you don't like it.

Better for what?
Know what the maple leaf is supposed to represent? In the War of 1812 when the Americans invaded Canada they were resisted by British garrison troops, Canadian militia and Native Indian tribes. The Brits wore their red coats but the militias camouflaged themselves with branches and leaves. It became a symbol of the successful resistance of America's effort to conquer Canada. So blame yourselves if you don't like it.

Why would I blame myself? I had nothing to do with that.

Hey, that could be Wisconsin! As prevalent as mosquitos are there up there, they could be the state bird!

Here in VA my city has gotten close to 8" of rain so far in August, mostly from the hurricane. Walking from the house to the shed sounds like the flight deck of a week aircraft carrier with them little bastards buzzing.

I do wonder if there is any risk of Covid transmission from those unlucky enough to be bitten by the wrong bloodsucker

Wonder how much Kamala got paid for her likeness to be on this design.

Congrats, you are the first KDS poster here.

So much unfocused hatred at a powerful, qualified woman.

Thank you. However, many other people do not like her either. Sorry to disappoint you.

Here in VA my city has gotten close to 8" of rain so far in August, mostly from the hurricane. Walking from the house to the shed sounds like the flight deck of a week aircraft carrier with them little bastards buzzing.

I do wonder if there is any risk of Covid transmission from those unlucky enough to be bitten by the wrong bloodsucker
You know, a few weeks ago I was wondering the same thing?

Why 19 stars? Mississippi was the 20th State to join the Union.

Wonder how much Kamala got paid for her likeness to be on this design.

This was a really dumb post, and you should feel bad.

Better for what?

That is completely untrue.

The graphic in the middle of the current Canadian flag (which, by the way, is actually OLDER than the current American flag) is actually the result of the deliberations of a select non-partisan parliamentary committee that was composed of members of both the legislative chambers of the Canadian parliament.

It is NOT really a "maple leaf" but rather it is an amalgamation of three stylized "fleurs de lis" (which has three points) thus making it, in reality, a fleur de lis made up of three fleurs de lis.

Thus indicating that Canada is a country that is composed of "Quebec", the "Quebecois", and "French Heritage".

All **T*R*U*E** scholars :)stooges) of Canadian history know that.

Ms. Harris has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Any person who was NOT either "White" or "Male" or both, would have sufficed.

I guess it is only fitting that the symbol of Government be represented by a blood sucker!

I wonder why Donnie Moscow wants to engage in sexual intercourse with his own daughter.

You would have to ask him that. Write him a letter or something.

Back
Top Bottom