• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mississippi has reported 604 COVID cases (Teachers and school staff)

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Teacher deaths raise alarms as new school year begins

"A third-grade teacher died Monday in South Carolina, and two other educators died recently in Mississippi. It's unclear how many teachers in the U.S. have become ill with COVID-19 since the new school year began, but Mississippi alone has reported 604 cases among school teachers and staff."

This won't end well...

"Another Mississippi teacher died Sunday. History teacher Tom Slade recently posted on Facebook about his battle with pneumonia caused by the coronavirus.

Slade was teaching in-person when the academic year started on Aug. 6, Principal Raina Holmes said, but began quarantining after he had contact with someone who was positive at a church meeting. His last day of teaching was Aug. 21."

"A third-grade teacher died Monday in South Carolina, and two other educators died recently in Mississippi. It's unclear how many teachers in the U.S. have become ill with COVID-19 since the new school year began, but Mississippi alone has reported 604 cases among school teachers and staff."
This won't end well...
"Another Mississippi teacher died Sunday. History teacher Tom Slade recently posted on Facebook about his battle with pneumonia caused by the coronavirus.
Slade was teaching in-person when the academic year started on Aug. 6, Principal Raina Holmes said, but began quarantining after he had contact with someone who was positive at a church meeting. His last day of teaching was Aug. 21."

Yep; I'm all for homeschooling and giving the parents annually $15,000 (cost of public education per student).

That would definitely reduce the Covid death for teachers.

The teacher expired after exposure at a church meeting.....
??? that has something to do with school openings ?
Quite a stretch of imagination.

So there's no way he could have then spread it anywhere else? Those two weeks he was still teaching, it was impossible for any of the kids to get it from him?

You don't think the kids can get it from him?

So there's no way he could have then spread it anywhere else? Those two weeks he was still teaching, it was impossible for any of the kids to get it from him?

From the OP:
" ....... but began quarantining after he had contact with someone who was positive at a church meeting.

This won't end well...

T

Life has risks, nurses didn’t strike when they had to face Covid head on.

The risk is very low, almost zero unless you are older, and they could make exceptions for older teachers right now.

2 weeks later yes....

Possibly an error on my part but
I presume the teacher is not stupid.
The article reads:
From the OP:

" ....... but began quarantining after he had contact with someone who was positive at a church meeting.

I take the above to mean that two weeks into the school year, the teacher had contact with covid;
sequestered himself at that time without returning to teaching.

Was the Journo a poor writer ? Was the journo sowing seeds of confusion intentionally ? Is it part of a diabolical intention to roil the masses?, increase fear among the citizenry ?
Will the joker Jouno finally be exposed as a political insider ????
Or was he a common crappy writer of today employed in the wrong position. ???
Maybe the CT thread will expose this dastardly deed ! Stay Tuned !
- 30 -
:mrgreen: :peace

You don't think the kids can get it from him?

this school thing is gonna be a freaking nightmare. they have to make it EIGHT OR NINE MONTHS. DURING THE FRIGGIN WINTER.

Life has risks, nurses didn’t strike when they had to face Covid head on.

The risk is very low, almost zero unless you are older, and they could make exceptions for older teachers right now.

so, how many teachers die in the next 8 months?

so, how many teachers die in the next 8 months?

Who knows.,how many die from a depressed economy? Suicides, depression, rioting chaos? How many die in famine prone areas ofmthenworld due to less charity? Millions? Life has tradeoffs. How many will suffer from children not getting educated?

Who knows.,how many die from a depressed economy? Suicides, depression, rioting chaos? How many die in famine prone areas ofmthenworld due to less charity? Millions? Life has tradeoffs. How many will suffer from children not getting educated?

how many teacher's lives are you willing to "trade off"? just give me a number.

Percentagewise a lot less than in any other profession as a large number of them refuse to go to work while drawing full pay and benefits.

just give me a number. how many are you willing to sacrifice?

how many of those others I mentioned are you willing to trade off?

well, since we're in a thread about teachers and i asked first, you wanna give it the ole college try?

well, since we're in a thread about teachers and i asked first, you wanna give it the ole college try?

As little as possible. Give older teachers a leave. Younger people will die st extremely low rates.

how many teacher's lives are you willing to "trade off"? just give me a number.

The same number as in any other profession. You do the math.

Or are you claiming now teachers are a protected species and are entitled to more "protection" than health care workers/police/soldiers/Smithfield employees/McDonald's staff - to name just a few - ?!?

The same number as in any other profession. You do the math.

Or are you claiming now teachers are a protected species and are entitled to more "protection" than health care workers/police/soldiers/Smithfield employees/McDonald's staff - to name just a few - ?!?

give me a number. 300 okay?

that's not a number. give me a number. is 300 okay?

No, zero is ok.

If you mean acceptable, in that I think the alternative would mean more death and suffering, yea.

Your turn. How many suicide deaths is acceptable?

Back
Top Bottom