• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mississippi has reported 604 COVID cases (Teachers and school staff)

Neither said Covid nor dying from anything. Stop twisting my words.

oh. so your post was meaningless with respect to this conversation about COVID, teachers, etc.

that's good to know.

Fact is, one can only guess where they were exposed.

Very true because we as a nation are still lagging with testing and tracing.

anyone want to give me a number of acceptable deaths from COVID of teachers/professors.

don't think you've posted your acceptable number...
doesn't matter, no one is going to find any number acceptable no matter how many times you try to
bait and goad.

Life has risks, nurses didn’t strike when they had to face Covid head on.

The risk is very low, almost zero unless you are older, and they could make exceptions for older teachers right now.
We dont have enough teachers as it is. Packing children into even more crowded classrooms is going to increase the spread, decrease education, and very likely lead to some children taking it home to parents and other relatives.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

The same number as in any other profession. You do the math.

Or are you claiming now teachers are a protected species and are entitled to more "protection" than health care workers/police/soldiers/Smithfield employees/McDonald's staff - to name just a few - ?!?
We have taken measures to protect those other professionals in as many ways practical for those professions when it comes to coronavirus. Unnecessary personnel are not allowed on bases without business purpose involved. Cannot have extra people (visitors) in hospitals. Social distancing is expected to be maintained to the highest degree possible within these professions. Military personnel have been ordered to wear face masks in uniform with only a few exceptions allowed.

You do what can be done to the best extent practical given circumstances. It is why many government IT workers are working from home, even now, because they can do their job from home. Eventhough some other workers within the same organization cannot, so they have to go into work.

oh. so your post was meaningless with respect to this conversation about COVID, teachers, etc.

that's good to know.

I injected my opinion. Excuse the **** out of me.

Notice you never did get the answer to your stupid question.

We dont have enough teachers as it is. Packing children into even more crowded classrooms is going to increase the spread, decrease education, and very likely lead to some children taking it home to parents and other relatives.

Don't know about your schools but, here they are practicing social distancing with masks for the few chidden who are actually in school. Most of the in-school teaching is also on video.

I injected my opinion. Excuse the **** out of me.

which has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

Celtics rule.

Don't know about your schools but, here they are practicing social distancing with masks for the few chidden who are actually in school. Most of the in-school teaching is also on video.
But the recommendation is all students and teachers go back to school fully in person. That is the part that would cause problems, what is being discussed.

My kids are at home, all online, because our district is within the second most populated county in our state. Most other districts in our state have gone to phase B. We can't yet. But when we do, it will be hybrid.

I have my own classroom/office setup in my bedroom.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom