• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mississippi Bill Would Let Cops Forfeit Cash And Cars - Without The Owner Going To Court

Yet you only cited Mississippi. Why is that?

Because its the OP news story. Mississipi isn't the only state with civil asset forfeiture laws that allow cops to basically steal from people.

This is rarer than Dodo bird feathers. An issue that enrages both the left and right on both prinicipled and practical grounds. We can get this one done and trim the wings of civil forfeiture laws. I am 100% on board.

Like I said if the news and entertainment media did its job properly then this would have been a long time ago.

This should be great for those who aren't fans of due process. Like the idiots that want to keep those on the no-fly list from buying guns without understanding that there is no due process for getting on the no-fly list and no way to get off of it.

the "red hats" will love it

This should be great for those who aren't fans of due process. Like the idiots that want to keep those on the no-fly list from buying guns without understanding that there is no due process for getting on the no-fly list and no way to get off of it.

And all the writers and sponsors are republicans. This is one of my major problems with the GOP. The party who claims they want smaller, less intrusive government does this kind of stuff. It's like the bill to allow bible study in public schools, republicans. These things don't get any attention yet have the ability to affect many people in a negative manner. They scream about the government while trying to pass crap like this. Keep voting against your own best interests to screw the liberals.

And all the writers and sponsors are republicans. This is one of my major problems with the GOP. The party who claims they want smaller, less intrusive government does this kind of stuff. It's like the bill to allow bible study in public schools, republicans. These things don't get any attention yet have the ability to affect many people in a negative manner. They scream about the government while trying to pass crap like this. Keep voting against your own best interests to screw the liberals.

I’m sorry you can’t see this as more than a one-party issue. Civil Asset Forfeiture has been progressively getting worse. In 2000 was the last legislature reform back in 2000 had sponsors on both sides and they obviously didn’t do enough:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/106th-congress/house-bill/1658/cosponsors

It has also been embraces by both Republic local officials and Democrat local officials.

Hack somewhere else, I'm not interested.

True, you did not, but the point still stands. How is it possible to have such laws in a deep red state?

This isn't a left or right issue. So I can ask how is its possible to have such laws in a deep blue state? Because if its was just republican republican values and ideals as you claim then civil asset forfeiture and seizure laws should not exist blue state. Right now its only illegal in 3 states.

Last edited:
This isn't a left or right issue. So I can ask how is its possible to have such laws in a deep blue state? Because if its was just republican republican values and ideals as you claim then civil asset forfeiture and seizure laws should not exist blue state. Right now its only illegal in 3 states.
I thought that it was the failing of the liberals who promote all that big government, but I see that the conservatives are not better at it either.

Back
Top Bottom