• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Missing White House Emails Found

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
These are the emails which contain some very damaging information, and may show that Vice President Cheney played a very active role in the attack campaign on Joseph Wilson.

Article is here.

Meanwhile, Scooter Libby attempted to have the charges dropped, and his argument is.............get this:

That Fitzgerald was not appointed by the President.

Lets see how far that one flies. If it does, then Slick Willie blew his chance to shut down an impeachment investigaton. LOL.

Article is here.

danarhea said:
These are the emails which contain some very damaging information, and may show that Vice President Cheney played a very active role in the attack campaign on Joseph Wilson.

Article is here.

Wow. I hope there is something to this story. This business of Cheney not being under oath is so bogus. Do you mean to tell me that the Vice President of the United States only needs to tell the truth when he's under oath? :roll:

Meanwhile, Scooter Libby attempted to have the charges dropped, and his argument is.............get this:

That Fitzgerald was not appointed by the President.

Lets see how far that one flies. If it does, then Slick Willie blew his chance to shut down an impeachment investigaton. LOL.

Article is here.

This won't work. Apparently, Comey (and maybe your article says this) exempted him from the very complaints they are making. This is a desperate attempt to get this case dismissed. Libby is in deep doo doo. I love this defense of, "I had so many things on my mind that I couldn't remember what was important or not." Oh really, Scooter? You were able to create very specific facts on the Plame leak. His story would be believable if he said he could not remember specific facts. I cannot imagine what his attorney is thinking, except maybe he assumes that the people on the jury aren't as bright as someone like myself. ;)

aps said:
Wow. I hope there is something to this story.
Unfortunatley, dana has only presented another truthout article. I'm afraid all you have is hope.

KCConservative said:
Unfortunatley, dana has only presented another truthout article. I'm afraid all you have is hope.

LOL Why do you think I was hesitant to believe it? :lol:

KCConservative said:

As for the first link, the onus is on you to present the flaw in the article, if there is one. To not do so smacks of intellectual laziness.

Do you admit or deny the premise? If you deny it, then present your evidence.

As for the second link, that is a reprint from the AP wire, via the New York Times. Oops, you didnt read that one, did you. Otherwise, you would have known.

Last edited:
aps said:
LOL Why do you think I was hesitant to believe it? :lol:
I'm glad to see you're hesitant. But why are you hopeful that it is true?

danarhea said:
As for the first link, the onus is on you to present the flaw in the article, if there is one. To not do so smacks of intellectual laziness.
You have been burned with this exact mistake many times, dana, but you obviously haven't learned from it. It is not my burden to prove that something didn't happen. This is your thread, your assertion. You have the burden. Debate 101.

KCConservative said:
You have been burned with this exact mistake many times, dana, but you obviously haven't learned from it. It is not my burden to prove that something didn't happen. This is your thread, your assertion. You have the burden. Debate 101.

Already produced my evidence. Where is yours? Or are you only here to pick a fight?

KCConservative said:
I'm glad to see you're hesitant. But why are you hopeful that it is true?

Because I think Cheney is scum in the worst sense of the word. I know it sounds bad, but I cannot help how I feel.

aps said:
Because I think Cheney is scum in the worst sense of the word. I know it sounds bad, but I cannot help how I feel.

I understand. You think he is scum and so you are hoping for this to true....something that justifies your feeling that he is scum.

Last edited:
KCConservative said:
I understand. You think he is scum and so you are hoping for this to true....something that justifies your feeling that he is scum.
How very typical of you kc, come into the forum presenting an opposite opinion and present nothing to counter the thread. Nothing but ad hominen attacks. Typical of your fanatical conservative base, come in here and look to start a fight.

Let's see how this plays out first. Seeing as this is an earlier article that was posted by the AP and NY times as well, both of which you don't believe in anyway, the original premise is fairly sound. Just have to see how the remainder plays out.

Since, seemingly, you love Cheny so much, perhaps you too were one of those maniacs that paraded around with shoot me cheny posters:rofl

jfuh said:
How very typical of you kc, come into the forum presenting an opposite opinion and present nothing to counter the thread. Nothing but ad hominen attacks. Typical of your fanatical conservative base, come in here and look to start a fight.

Let's see how this plays out first. Seeing as this is an earlier article that was posted by the AP and NY times as well, both of which you don't believe in anyway, the original premise is fairly sound. Just have to see how the remainder plays out.

Since, seemingly, you love Cheny so much, perhaps you too were one of those maniacs that paraded around with shoot me cheny posters:rofl
I don't think you have a clue about what you're saying. aps and I were discussing the topic. I asked for clarification and she kindly gave it to me. Where is the attack in my post? There isn't an attack anywhere, so I'd appreciate if you'd stop lying in that manner.

Secondly, I have no idea what you are talking about with regard to Cheney posters. Oh, and did you call me a maniac? Maybe that's the attack you were speaking of. :roll:

KCConservative said:

Yeah, that's right. :cool:

aps said:
Yeah, that's right. :cool:

Most people remain neutral before forming such an opionion. For instance, I never thought Michael Jackson or O.J. Simpson were scum. Of course, not until they gave me a reason to think so. For you, however, Dick Cheney is already scum and you hope something comes along soon to warrant your opinion.

Last edited:
KCConservative said:
Most people remain neutral before forming such an opionion. For instance, I never thought Micahel Jackson or O.J. Simpson were scum until they gave me a reason to think so. For you, however, Dick Cheney is scum and you hope something comes along to warrant your opinion.

Oooh, now I see what you were asking me. Dick Cheney has already given me reasons to think he is scum. I was neutral towards him when he became our VP in January 2001. But based on what I know of him as of now, even excluding the e-mail article in this thread, I think he is scum. This incident would merely add to my opinion of him.

KCConservative said:
I don't think you have a clue about what you're saying. aps and I were discussing the topic. I asked for clarification and she kindly gave it to me. Where is the attack in my post? There isn't an attack anywhere, so I'd appreciate if you'd stop lying in that manner.
IT's not specific to the post I responded to, it's all the post prior to my response.

KCConservative said:
Secondly, I have no idea what you are talking about with regard to Cheney posters. Oh, and did you call me a maniac? Maybe that's the attack you were speaking of. :roll:
If you feel you are part of that crowd then yes, if not, then no. Pure and simple.

jfuh said:
IT's not specific to the post I responded to, it's all the post prior to my response.

If you feel you are part of that crowd then yes, if not, then no. Pure and simple.

Something tells me you aren't going to be able to point to the alleged attack. :cool:

KCConservative said:
Something tells me you aren't going to be able to point to the alleged attack. :cool:
Lol, please you know full right of the intentions you have made in your former posts as purly ad hominen attacks to discredit.
If you must though #3, #6,#7 All of which you are merely attacking Dan's ability of posting sources which you find credible. To which I note, that you have not responded with any contributional to the thread. So can we dispense with the bullshit game you're playing, it's quite childish.

jfuh said:
#3, #6,#7 ..... it's quite childish.
And where are the attacks in posts 3, 6 and 7? Can you point out namecalling or profanity or anything rule that has been broken? Childish, indeed.

KCConservative said:
And where are the attacks in posts 3, 6 and 7? Can you point out namecalling or profanity or anything rule that has been broken? Childish, indeed.

You guys are cute when you're fighting. :duel

Back
Top Bottom