• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Missing 'cult-like' group found alive after suicide fears

Jetboogieman

Somewhere in Babylon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- A group of 13 Salvadoran immigrants missing in southern California amid fears that they planned a cult-like mass suicide have been found alive, unhurt and upset to find they were the subjects of an extensive search.

Authorities had been scouring the Palmdale area of northern Los Angeles County on horseback and by helicopter Sunday in search of the group, which included eight children between the ages of 3 and 17, said Steve Whitmore, a spokesman for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. A resident spotted one of the vehicles identified in the lookout at a park and notified the sheriff's department, he said.

The search began Saturday afternoon, when the husbands of two women in the group reported them missing, the Sheriff's Department said. One of the men said their wives were part of a "cult-like group" and had been "brainwashed" by its leader, and Whitmore said the wife left a purse with her husband and asked her "to pray over" it.

Missing 'cult-like' group found alive after suicide fears - CNN.com

Just glad the kids are ok now.

See prayer does work.

I hope their leader that is now being held for observation gets the much needed help to get things right.

There still are questions as to just what this groups intentions really were.

I'm just glad the is no Comet going by right now to frighten people.

Those who stand in nothing fall for anything

Last edited:
See prayer does work.

I hope their leader that is now being held for observation gets the much needed help to get things right.

There still are questions as to just what this groups intentions really were.

I'm just glad the is no Comet going by right now to frighten people.

Those who stand in nothing fall for anything

Heaven's Gate was closed at the right time?

Back
Top Bottom