• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Miss Universe Canada organizers boot transgender contestant

Karl

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Works for me, most those girls are over and underhauled by some mighty fine surgeons. The TS contestant might actually have had LESS surgery...

They should have kept that contestant out. Men have longer legs as a ratio than women and "long legged women" is a desirable trait. All things equal otherwise, a transgendered man has a superior body to a person born as a woman.

They should have kept that contestant out. Men have longer legs as a ratio than women and "long legged women" is a desirable trait. All things equal otherwise, a transgendered man has a superior body to a person born as a woman.

Transgendered woman actually. But your right that in some ways transgendered women tend to have desirable traits like longer legs and such. Of course transwomen also tend to have undesirable traits as well.

Glad to see they let her in the contest though.

Just curious. Does the conversion from male to female include a fully functioning uterus? I mean, could this person give birth?

Just curious. Does the conversion from male to female include a fully functioning uterus? I mean, could this person give birth?

No. However in the future it may be possible due to uterus transplants and what not.

No. However in the future it may be possible due to uterus transplants and what not.

Then it would seem to me that this person couldn't qualify as female. That wouldn't discount a woman born with a malfunctioning uterus; she has one at least. But in the case of a transgender person, a uterus isn't available, and the capacity (or the intended capacity) to give birth is one of the defining details that makes a woman.

I'm not saying this should be the rule, just throwing it out there for consideration.

Then it would seem to me that this person couldn't qualify as female. That wouldn't discount a woman born with a malfunctioning uterus; she has one at least. But in the case of a transgender person, a uterus isn't available, and the capacity (or the intended capacity) to give birth is one of the defining details that makes a woman.

I'm not saying this should be the rule, just throwing it out there for consideration.

Some women are born without a uterus. And they wont get thrown out.

Some women are born without a uterus. And they wont get thrown out.

And they shouldn't be. Nature was trying to give them one and for whatever reason it didn't work out. That's quite different from someone who was never intended to have a uterus. I suppose if a functioning uterus can be implanted, then that would change things quite a bit. There really wouldn't be anything left to quibble about.

The doctor can create a cavity like a uterus for the transgender person. I wouldn't get too hung up over strict anatomical traits to define the sexes. I have met some dickless wonders.

And they shouldn't be. Nature was trying to give them one and for whatever reason it didn't work out. That's quite different from someone who was never intended to have a uterus. I suppose if a functioning uterus can be implanted, then that would change things quite a bit. There really wouldn't be anything left to quibble about.

Why is a uterus important to compete in a beauty pageant?

The doctor can create a cavity like a uterus for the transgender person. I wouldn't get too hung up over strict anatomical traits to define the sexes. I have met some dickless wonders.

Oh haven't got a horse in this race. I don't honestly care that much. I'm just throwing out ideas.

Why is a uterus important to compete in a beauty pageant?
It probably isn't, unless for some reason having one is made a participatory requirement.

In terms of beauty, I doubt it makes a difference either way.

Uterine transplants? I don't think we need to further attempt to justify the illness.

Uterine transplants? I don't think we need to further attempt to justify the illness.

Its not an illness. And with a uterine transplant transwomen may finially be able to give birth.

It probably isn't, unless for some reason having one is made a participatory requirement.

In terms of beauty, I doubt it makes a difference either way.

I think the rule that someone has to be "born female" is kind of a chincy rule. If they wanted to be more precise, they could say that female contestants must possess female reproductive organs (functional or otherwise). That would settle the matter for the time being and the pageant organizers would be in the clear. But later when medical science can transplant or "grow" functioning reproductive organs, then pageants would have to give in to completely functional transgender people.

Its not an illness. And with a uterine transplant transwomen may finially be able to give birth.

But not to their own kids, biologically speaking that is. Less we're doing some crazy science "cloning" or DNA manipulation thingie. Which could maybe have some interesting moral implications.

I think the rule that someone has to be "born female" is kind of a chincy rule. If they wanted to be more precise, they could say that female contestants must possess female reproductive organs (functional or otherwise). That would settle the matter for the time being and the pageant organizers would be in the clear. But later when medical science can transplant or "grow" functioning reproductive organs, then pageants would have to give in to completely functional transgender people.

Born with the X to the X, problem solved.

Born with the X to the X, problem solved.
And when a complete genetic restructuring/rewrite is possible?

:mrgreen:

There shouldn't be anything controversial about this decision.

This is a beauty contest for women.

A man, surgically mutilated to look female is not a woman, therefore there is no reason why he ought to be considered eligible for this contest.

They should put an asterisk(*) next to the name. For example, the Roger Maris home run record has an asterisk because theoretically the record needed to be explained sue to the circumstances.

And when a complete genetic restructuring/rewrite is possible?

:mrgreen:

Would you trust humans with genetic restructuring of our own DNA? I think once that happens, we no longer really need to worry about what is "human".

Would you trust humans with genetic restructuring of our own DNA? I think once that happens, we no longer really need to worry about what is "human".
Hmm...

Yeah, we might end up with sentient horses that used to be humans, or even combinations of various species including humans.

In the end we'd probably need to redefine "human", and of course there would be purists that insisted on pure human DNA, and, and...

It'd be a hell of a mess.

Probably going to happen at some point though.

Hmm...

Yeah, we might end up with sentient horses that used to be humans, or even combinations of various species including humans.

In the end we'd probably need to redefine "human", and of course there would be purists that insisted on pure human DNA, and, and...

It'd be a hell of a mess.

Probably going to happen at some point though.

Yeah, things could get tricky, indeed...

Back
Top Bottom