• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Miss Teen USA claims bedroom webcam was "hacked", secretly recorded

Gipper

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Cassidy Wolf: Newly crowned Miss Teen USA 'was secretly photographed in her room after her webcam was hacked' in case that sparked federal probe | Mail Online

Wolf said that she was targeted months before she beat 51 other young women to take the Miss Teen USA title at Saturday night's pageant in the Bahamas.

'I was just a normal girl in high school,' she said.

Around four months ago, she was notified that someone had tried to log into her Facebook account from a different state, Today.com reported.

She then received an anonymous email from a stranger saying he had photographs of her in her room that were taken when her computer's webcam was hacked.

'I wasn't aware that somebody was watching me [on my webcam],' she said. 'The light [on the camera] didn't even go on, so I had no idea.'

She would not provide further details of the nature of the photographs, citing the ongoing federal investigation, but told Fox that they captured things you would do 'in the privacy of your own room'.

My ass.

She probably "leaked" her own footage of taking some dick or double-clicking her mouse, and this is regret. Hacking webcams now? Do Russians care about beauty pageants now?

Cassidy Wolf: Newly crowned Miss Teen USA 'was secretly photographed in her room after her webcam was hacked' in case that sparked federal probe | Mail Online

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

My ass.

She probably "leaked" her own footage of taking some dick or double-clicking her mouse, and this is regret. Hacking webcams now? Do Russians care about beauty pageants now?

Didn't this happen with some other girl awhile back? Don't remember the details, but the accusations were the same.

I used to have a computer with a webcam and there was no way it would be on and I not know it, as the light would continually blink.

Bad publicity is better than no publicity as they say.

The NSA. Everybody is a future terrorist, you know.

My Kindle Fire HD has a "selfy" camera on it, there are no indicators that it is on or not as far as I can tell. I kind of wonder about that. I've thought about putting a piece of tape over it, but then if somebody wants to see the expression on my face when I'm flipping thru ammo sites that's fine with me.

The NSA. Everybody is a future terrorist, you know.

My Kindle Fire HD has a "selfy" camera on it, there are no indicators that it is on or not as far as I can tell. I kind of wonder about that. I've thought about putting a piece of tape over it, but then if somebody wants to see the expression on my face when I'm flipping thru ammo sites that's fine with me.

:lol: That's about as exciting as what they'd see if I had such a gadget. Cleaning house, yelling at kids, rolling my eyes at dumb **** on the internet.., etc...

I used to have a computer with a webcam and there was no way it would be on and I not know it, as the light would continually blink.

Apparently, this app let's you take pictures with your web cam remotely w/o alerting anyone
Hidden - Mac, iPhone and iPad Theft Protection Software.

this help forum a company rep says that there is at least one web cam which lets you turn off the indicator light
Webcam C510 indicator LED light - Logitech Forums

here's a claim that a registry hack will deactivate the light
Re: Can I turn off red LED - Logitech Forums

I am not so sure that it's impossible for the camera to receive images w/o the indicator light firing up.

Apparently, this app let's you take pictures with your web cam remotely w/o alerting anyone
Hidden - Mac, iPhone and iPad Theft Protection Software.

this help forum a company rep says that there is at least one web cam which lets you turn off the indicator light
Webcam C510 indicator LED light - Logitech Forums

here's a claim that a registry hack will deactivate the light
Re: Can I turn off red LED - Logitech Forums

I am not so sure that it's impossible for the camera to receive images w/o the indicator light firing up.

Interesting...

So...no pictures?

Is she hot?

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

My ass.

It is actually possible to hack in to a webcam. I could probably do it if I really wanted. Not saying she's telling the truth, but I'm saying it is possible, and I'm sure there are some motivated pervs in China or Japan or wherever who are willing and able.

she looks innocent ,l believe she says the truth

at least she doesnt look cheap

Cassidy-Temecula-Photography-headshots-0981.jpg

Users are the largest and most pervasive security risk there is.
If the wireless network and it's nodes were not well configured, then it seems only a hop, skip, and a jump from there to accessing files on her laptop. From there, it's not far to making changes to her machine.

I'd suspect someone she went to high school with before I suspected foreign actors of some sort.
Though, w/ the internet being what it is and the poor computer hygiene of most everyone being what it is, an attacker on the other side of the globe shouldn't be ruled out.

It is actually possible to hack in to a webcam. I could probably do it if I really wanted. Not saying she's telling the truth, but I'm saying it is possible, and I'm sure there are some motivated pervs in China or Japan or wherever who are willing and able.

Yep. I think I first heard about a hacked webcam about a decade ago.

Pretty in the classic southern way, but not my cup o tea.
That's good. Because based on some of your other posts you are probably old enough to be her father. I definitely am. My pastor has three daughters that look a lot like her... poor bastard, no wonder he has little hair and what there is is gray. He is a year younger than I am. :lol:

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

My ass.

Perhaps she is a little hussy that shared pervy stuff. But to think people cant hack your webcam without you knowing is pretty dumb. Ive experienced it first hand in video chat rooms when my cam is off and have people comment on things they shouldnt know. If your webcam is plugged in just assume someone is watching.

she looks innocent ,l believe she says the truth

at least she doesnt look cheap

Cassidy-Temecula-Photography-headshots-0981.jpg
Youd be surprised just how kinky and pervy some of the most innocent looking girls are. :p I think I can see a bit of freak hiding in her. They have a private session with the wrong guy and next thing you know they are being coerced into more nakedness. Every once in a while youll see a pissed off girl say "DONT GO PRIVATE with this guy he recoreds" in main chat and its usually the last girl you would expect who pretended to be super innocent. Because all the slutty girls just give it away recording or not.

Back
Top Bottom