• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

miss america

Medusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. -- Born without her left forearm, Nicole Kelly has been overcoming disability her entire life, be it playing baseball, dancing or diving.

Now representing Iowa in the Miss America pageant, Kelly hopes to win the crown and inspire others to overcome their own difficulties. She chooses to focus on what she has rather than what she lacks.

"The reason I'm here is not because I'm a public interest story," she told The Associated Press in an interview Monday, in between rehearsals for three nights of preliminary competition that starts Tuesday. "I'm here not because I look different but because I have the intelligence, I have the ability and all the things that Miss America needs to have.

Nicole Kelly, Miss America Hopeful Born With 1 Arm, Hopes To Inspire Other People With Disabilities

Well, the whole competition is retarded and the entire cultural that sprung from it is kinda stupid and detrimental to society so this entire topic is pretty dull.

I hope they don't let her win because she's disabled. That would suck ****.

I hope they don't let her win because she's disabled. That would suck ****.

People can say what they want - it still boils down to a beauty contest, and she won't win. It's a superficial ceremony, and she won't make the cut.

It's the same reason why women who are autistic, bald, or redheads are automatically disqualified from winning.

People can say what they want - it still boils down to a beauty contest, and she won't win. It's a superficial ceremony, and she won't make the cut.

It's the same reason why women who are autistic, bald, or redheads are automatically disqualified from winning.
As well they should be. Miss America should be a babe.

Dogs need not apply.

The woman is quite attractive and bold. I wish her the best.

o-MISS-IOWA-570.jpg

Back
Top Bottom