• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

If you don't know any racist then that is beautiful, but that is not the reality of this country. Most americans are racist because their perception of a race is derived by the media (On both sides). Many Americans depend on the media to shape their opinion of a race without even personally knowing anybody from that particular race they have a problem with.

That's retarded. Most Americans are NOT racist. What a stupid comment.

So what harm is caused from beauty pageants like Miss America? Are the women involved harmed? Are the people watching harmed? Who is harmed?

The young ones who are left to think that those contestants represent any sort of commonly held standard of beauty. But they can be innoculated with good parenting. That they still command the followers is more a symptom of the problems.

So what harm is caused from beauty pageants like Miss America? Are the women involved harmed? Are the people watching harmed? Who is harmed?

The IQ of everyone who is emotionally involved in this crap. Brain damage.

If you don't know any racist then that is beautiful, but that is not the reality of this country. Most americans are racist because their perception of a race is derived by the media (On both sides). Many Americans depend on the media to shape their opinion of a race without even personally knowing anybody from that particular race they have a problem with.

And BTW, that might be how YOU come to opinions but you don't have the knowledge to insinuate that you know how MOST Americans feel or think or how their opinions are shaped and formed. Stop trying to project this stupidity onto people you know absolutely nothing about, especially when you say "most" Americans, as if you know most Americans.

I swear the stupidity on this forum has increased exponentially lately. Why is this?

Can you provide an example of when such a thing has ever happened?

Is it a tough question to answer? An example would not change the answer.

The IQ of everyone who is emotionally involved in this crap. Brain damage.

:roll:

Saying people are made dumber by Miss America is just stupid.

What number of people, in your mind, defines "many"?

Some significant percentage of the population.

I don't have a twitter account. I've never tweeted anything in my life.

She's talking about the fact that you're allowing a relative and extremely small number of tweets define your views of a much larger group. For instance, what percentage of the population do you think they represent? Is it even .001%

PS again, I am assuming you are someone who have no experience outside the US

:inandout:

images

Saying she isn't up to par for the standards of MA isn't the same as calling her ugly or saying someone wouldn't bang her. MA is a pretty elite designation, and it's assumed she is going to be more remarkable and set a higher bar than "chick Dr. Chuckles would operate on". Which isn't exactly exclusive

Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow - CNN.com

Way to stay classy America...:roll::roll::roll:

So embarrassed at times to be American.

I watched the beginning to this where they showed all 52 contestants and Miss New York was by far one of the top 3 prettiest girls there.

Why do some people have to be so damned ignorant?

This doesn't surprise me, this is 'Murica....

Although I thought it was funny that people referred to her as anArab. It just let's me know our education system is failing our society

Frankly I don't find her pretty/attractive - I think US could have find a much better candidate to be Miss America... :shrug:

Fallen.

I wonder what sloths you like.....cause this Miss America is fine as hell.....

Nina can have all my babies

nina.jpg

nina 2.jpg

l have to ask teh same question but l will answer
if l am prejudiced against whites ,l must be black ?

no ,turkey never practised slavery

lets study some history .)

even in ottomans period slaves werent treated like animals because it was against islamic rules

they mostly lived in palaces

,SLAVERY ended but blacks were still being treated like animals in 50s 60s

is it wrong ?

I'm actually a fan of Osman I and how the Ottoman empire started, but um, weren't Janissaries essentially slaves in the empire? I could be wrong.

Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow

This doesn't surprise me, this is 'Murica....

Although I thought it was funny that people referred to her as anArab. It just let's me know our education system is failing our society
i sense a trend. I'm quick like that.

So...tell me...'Murica' doesn't surprise you. And which sainted nation/state on the globe is devoid of racist types?

hi hyper
l am not ottomanist because l have reasons :mrgreen:

ottomans were not colonialist but kind of imperialist although they didnt directly assimilate the nations they dominated except alevi turcomans . they did their best to assimilate these turkmen tribes into sunni beliefs after the conquest of egypt by yavuz .

janissaries were mostly chosen from among intelligent strong christian boys taken from their families during war times and they formed the units of sultan's household troops .they were trained soldiers who were even able to topple any sultan from the throne .l can say they determined teh fate of the empire.
I'm actually a fan of Osman I and how the Ottoman empire started, but um, weren't Janissaries essentially slaves in the empire? I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom