• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Miracles do happen and GOD makes them occur for reasons we cannot always fathom!

You didn't quite read my post properly. Here it is again: "There is no 'capital punishment' by individuals authorized in the New Testament due to John 8:7 - "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Capital punishment, however, is approved for governments (Romans 13), and of course God.

Ok, let's pretend that you got me there. What's that have to do with the price of water at a wine shop?

You didn't quite read my post properly. Here it is again: "There is no 'capital punishment' by individuals authorized in the New Testament due to John 8:7 - "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Capital punishment, however, is approved for governments (Romans 13), and of course God.

Governments are just groups of individuals.

That belief makes a mockery of religion and is the reason the Mafia hitmen are religious. They can murder in cold blood their whole lives and repent on their deathbed and go to heaven. It makes no sense that God would be that vain and I would never be a member of any group that thinks that way.

It's no good that God paid the price for people's sins himself? That's a mockery of religion? Nope. Not even close...

No, randomness doesn't preclude free will. But free will is not as free as some think it is, and is very rare in practice.
Either there is free will or there isn't, can't be both.

Well, the excuse is usually along the lines of "god's will," "God works in mysterious way," "God has a plan," ect.. The level of irrational and/or delusional thinking to make excuses for god is staggering.
It is, that an intelligent human being can be suckered so easily is scary.

It speaks to our ability to follow, to be led like sheep, I mean look at Germany today and look at it in 1942.

Almost the entire country followed Hitler to there deaths, they idolized the lunatic.

Some of the same shit going on with the Trump following today, people groping wanting to lick his balls.

It is, that an intelligent human being can be suckered so easily is scary.

It speaks to our ability to follow, to be led like sheep, I mean look at Germany today and look at it in 1942.

Almost the entire country followed Hitler to there deaths, they idolized the lunatic.

Some of the same shit going on with the Trump following today, people groping wanting to lick his balls.
Just replace Hitler with God. Same difference.

Either there is free will or there isn't, can't be both.

No. it is not a binary thing. Free will can be exercised in a limited fashion. Not every action has to be ascribed to free will.

No. it is not a binary thing. Free will can be exercised in a limited fashion. Not every action has to be ascribed to free will.
Can any action be ascribed to free will? How do you know?

Can any action be ascribed to free will? How do you know?

We can't know for sure. But we can differentiate between reflexive actions and more planned out ones. The word will assumes there is some aforethought put into play before taking an action.

We can't know for sure. But we can differentiate between reflexive actions and more planned out ones. The word will assumes there is some aforethought put into play before taking an action.
But, that does not mean those actions aren't hard determination-ism.

But, that does not mean those actions aren't hard determination-ism.

No, but free will doesn't have to be absolute. It is not a binary matter that either it happens all the time or it does not.

No, but free will doesn't have to be absolute. It is not a binary matter that either it happens all the time or it does not.
It does, either we have free will or we don't.

I'm of the mind we don't, we think we make choices.

Leading neuroscientists experimental results today indicate that there is no conscious control, hence the conclusion that free will does not exist.

I line up with science not a theologians artifice.

It does, either we have free will or we don't.

I'm of the mind we don't, we think we make choices.

Leading neuroscientists experimental results today indicate that there is no conscious control, hence the conclusion that free will does not exist.

I line up with science not a theologians artifice.

I didn't say otherwise. I just pointed out that having this trait does not mean that it is used all the time, any more than rationality is.

Back
Top Bottom