• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Miracles do happen and GOD makes them occur for reasons we cannot always fathom!

God allows such things, so that people like yourself can be showed up for what they really are --- fault finding naysayers, who live to make up excuses for what they themselves cannot account for. Satan is still manipulating people ----- even people like you. He causes diseases and infections. He brought death into this world, But GOD overcomes it all in HIS perfect timing. Everyone dies ------ NOW... But one day those that love the LORD will find their roots. The believers home is heaven ---- yet GOD does seek to enlighten HIS children to what has gone before.

GOD takes babes to HIMSELF, but sometimes allows some of us a moment to love and be loved by such a precious bundle that has the ability to melt a stone cold heart and bring that cold hearted individual to believe. And some never get the obvious --- that the death of such a loved one is likely more for the sake to those around than it is for the one that died.

In this historic trip, a family is reunited with its past, and that past will now be appreciated and preserved for the future. And everyone who actually viewed the entire episode will note how many individuals have been touched so far on account of this miraculous event. You still have a chance, but I think you are far too busy seeking a window to push someone out of.
If you truly believe there is a heaven what are you waiting for? It's a leap away. I think you have your doubts and I don't blame you.

Please provide chapter and verse, aka your forte
Jesus speaking...

"‘The stone that the builders rejected, this has become the chief cornerstone. This has come from Jehovah, and it is marvelous in our eyes’? This is why I say to you, the Kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits." Matthew 21:42,43

Peter clearly identified that “nation” as one composed of persons who had accepted Christ Jesus/Christians...1 Peter 2:4-10

Peter also applied to his fellow Christians the very words that had been directed to natural Israel at one time in Exodus 19:5,6...

“You are ‘a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for special possession.’” 1 Peter 2:9

What your saying in a round about way, is no free will, everything can be determined given the right statistical formula.. I think I'm making choices, but I'm really not.

No, randomness doesn't preclude free will. But free will is not as free as some think it is, and is very rare in practice.

Jesus speaking...

"‘The stone that the builders rejected, this has become the chief cornerstone. This has come from Jehovah, and it is marvelous in our eyes’? This is why I say to you, the Kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits." Matthew 21:42,43

Peter clearly identified that “nation” as one composed of persons who had accepted Christ Jesus/Christians...1 Peter 2:4-10

Peter also applied to his fellow Christians the very words that had been directed to natural Israel at one time in Exodus 19:5,6...

“You are ‘a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for special possession.’” 1 Peter 2:9
That actually makes sense to me. That God would punish Jews that lived 2000 years after the event.

That actually makes sense to me. That God would punish Jews that lived 2000 years after the event.
They are not punished as individuals...they have the same opportunity as any human to be a part of God's new nation...

“There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor freeman, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in union with Christ Jesus. Moreover, if you belong to Christ, you are really Abraham’s seed, heirs with reference to a promise.” Galatians 3:28,29

I know one thing - that God does care for the wellbeing of his people in that they won't have to listen forever to spiritually-challenged unbelievers (all unbelievers will be cast into the Lake of Fire - Revelation 21:8).
That is your belief. It's great to know that the Revelation of John is meaningless, and God doesn't care what is in it, one way or another.

They are not punished as individuals...they have the same opportunity as any human to be a part of God's new nation...

“There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor freeman, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in union with Christ Jesus. Moreover, if you belong to Christ, you are really Abraham’s seed, heirs with reference to a promise.” Galatians 3:28,29
So because the Jews didn't convert to Christianity God let 6 million of them get murdered. Hitler as God's messenger. What an awesome God indeed

So because the Jews didn't convert to Christianity God let 6 million of them get murdered. What an awesome God indeed
At that point, Hitler didn't care if someone converted or not. He was after the blood lines.

So because the Jews didn't convert to Christianity God let 6 million of them get murdered. Hitler as God's messenger. What an awesome God indeed
Many others, besides Jews, were a part of the Holocaust, including Christians...

Many others, besides Jews, were a part of the Holocaust, including Christians...
Is that supposed to be some kind of rationale or justification?

Is that supposed to be some kind of rationale or justification?
Had you been following the conversation, you would know it's not...

All the God believing and smart jews lived, that's why no dumb jews exist in this world today

1. That quote does not prohibit capital punishment. If Jesus wanted to prohibit capital punishment, that would have been a lot easier to be clear about.

You didn't quite read my post properly. Here it is again: "There is no 'capital punishment' by individuals authorized in the New Testament due to John 8:7 - "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Capital punishment, however, is approved for governments (Romans 13), and of course God.

God did a good job caring for the well-being of his people during the Holocaust

Tsk tsk...

According to Deuteronomy chapter 28 in the Jewish scriptures, God promised nothing but blessings for the Jews if they kept his commandments. But he also promised horrible curses if they were disobedient.

You might want to review the writings of Jewish historian Steven Katz, who linked the Holocaust to the belief by many Jews that Isaiah 53 (speaking of Israel as the suffering servant), speaks of Israel (the Jews) suffering for the sins of others. I don't agree with that interpretation for the reasons I provided in other posts, but that is a common believe among many theological Jews.

Katz also (with Josef Roth) advanced theories on which sins of the Jews were being punished by God, including failure to observe the Torah (which were sins of the secular and Reform Jews of Europe prior to the Holocaust). Also noted were the pre-Holocaust warnings of the Jewish Zionists for Jews to leave Europe.

Finally, Holocaust survivor and Nobel laureate Elie Wiesel described the religious reaction of many Jews upon first entering a concentration camp: "If I am here, it is because God is punishing me (I have sinned...I deserve this punishment)." - Note “Answering Jewish Objections to Jesus – General and Historical Objections,” pages 179-196, etc.

Wow, nice stuff here, its where murderers and innocent non believers like myself go when they die.

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone which is the second death. Revelation 21.8.

I mean you talk about controlling the sheep with fear ..when you die you die, that's it, no lakes of fire or la la lands
If anyone finds himself in the Lake of Fire it will be their own fault, for failing to repent and failure to receive Christ as their Lord and Savior for the remission of their sins.

There is both free and DIVINE will. Sometimes they are one in the same and other times they seem divergent. GOD has specific goals that HE will not neglect. GOD did not allow the JEWs to be totally destroyed, even though there were individuals who wished just that. But everything does ultimately happen for a reason. GOD doesn't want anyone to go to hell, yet there are some who go their of their own volition (that is free will). It is also a very poor choice on their part; however, would they be happy in heaven? Not if they wish to hold onto their will.
It amazes me that you know exactly what your god wants and doesn't want and why. Makes me wonder why you aren't god. Your being god would make just as little sense as your know-it-all explanation

Some people would rather believe in LUCK than GOD. If this were presented as a story of "LUCK", I feel everyone here would be oohing & aahing. It is not unreasonable to suggest that no matter how many such true stories would be presented, they would all be attributed to LUCK by shortsighted people who can't see GOD in anything.
God is invisible how can anyone "see" it? Also if God controls everything you have to credit him with plagues, wars and mass murders too.

If anyone finds himself in the Lake of Fire it will be their own fault, for failing to repent and failure to receive Christ as their Lord and Savior for the remission of their sins.
That belief makes a mockery of religion and is the reason the Mafia hitmen are religious. They can murder in cold blood their whole lives and repent on their deathbed and go to heaven. It makes no sense that God would be that vain and I would never be a member of any group that thinks that way.

Only if god is truly a savage, immoral, egotistical, angry, bitter, and narcissistic bastard.

Is that the god you worship?

Tsk tsk...

According to Deuteronomy chapter 28 in the Jewish scriptures, God promised nothing but blessings for the Jews if they kept his commandments. But he also promised horrible curses if they were disobedient.

You might want to review the writings of Jewish historian Steven Katz, who linked the Holocaust to the belief by many Jews that Isaiah 53 (speaking of Israel as the suffering servant), speaks of Israel (the Jews) suffering for the sins of others. I don't agree with that interpretation for the reasons I provided in other posts, but that is a common believe among many theological Jews.

Katz also (with Josef Roth) advanced theories on which sins of the Jews were being punished by God, including failure to observe the Torah (which were sins of the secular and Reform Jews of Europe prior to the Holocaust). Also noted were the pre-Holocaust warnings of the Jewish Zionists for Jews to leave Europe.

Finally, Holocaust survivor and Nobel laureate Elie Wiesel described the religious reaction of many Jews upon first entering a concentration camp: "If I am here, it is because God is punishing me (I have sinned...I deserve this punishment)." - Note “Answering Jewish Objections to Jesus – General and Historical Objections,” pages 179-196, etc.
Your God is depraved

Back
Top Bottom