• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Miracle In Missouri???

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/missouri-nun-wilhemina-lancaster-exhumed-pilgrimage/

https://theweek.com/catholicism/1023883/thousands-flock-to-missouri-to-see-body-of-exhumed-nun

https://apnews.com/article/missouri...na-lancaster-50f099ca4346fd7192c78a8b5e22ae01

Hundreds of people flocked to a small town in Missouri this week and last to see a Black nun whose body has barely decomposed since 2019. Some say it’s a sign of holiness in Catholicism,

Is this a "miracle"?

What kind of mess-up crap is this?
Visitors were allowed to touch her, Dawson said, adding that the nuns “wanted to make her accessible to the public ... because in real life, she was always accessible to people.”

The monastery said in a statement that Lancaster’s body will be placed in a glass shrine in their church on Monday. Visitors will still be able to see her body and take dirt from her grave, but they won’t be able to touch her.

-or-

Rebecca George, an anthropology instructor at Western Carolina University in North Carolina, said the body’s lack of decomposition might not be as rare as people are expecting.

Thoughts?

What I want to know is, the people taking dirt from her grave, what are they planning to do with it? :oops:

What I want to know is, the people taking dirt from her grave, what are they planning to do with it? :oops:

I'm guessing, either eat it or snort it. To preserve their youthful good looks for centuries to come.

It is not unheard of for a body to be exhumed and show little decay, Rebecca George, an anthropology instructor at Western Carolina University in North Carolina, told AP. Coffins and clothing help preserve bodies, she said, and it's common to see the "mummification" of remains that were not embalmed. "Typically, when we bury people, we don't exhume them. We don't get to look at them a couple years out," she added. "With 100 years, there might be nothing left. But when you've got just a few years out, this is not unexpected."

OP link.

Yes but science is the Devil's lie, you see, and that's how we know that God preserved her body so that people could dig it up to molest it and do freaky things with soil from the grave. Yup. Makes perfect sense. Says right here in the bible.

Not a miracle. No such thing as miracles.

Even the Catholic church agrees. Apparently five years is the minimum for the "miracle of incorruptibility"

Looking at her picture, I see her hands are quite "corrupted" but her face is mostly OK. I think we're witnessing the miracle of moisturizer here.

and most of those kids live in the big dem city.
Just off the top of your head, would you guess kids in city schools do better or worse than kids in rural counties?

Even the Catholic church agrees. Apparently five years is the minimum for the "miracle of incorruptibility"

Looking at her picture, I see her hands are quite "corrupted" but her face is mostly OK. I think we're witnessing the miracle of moisturizer here.
I don't understand why some people are so quick to accept something as a "miracle."

Just off the top of your head, would you guess kids in city schools do better or worse than kids in rural counties?
Don't know, just know there are more kids in the city so making up half the kids in Missouri seems to make more sense.

Don't know, just know there are more kids in the city so making up half the kids in Missouri seems to make more sense.
Population of Missouri- 6.something million.
Population of Kansas City- just under 500,000.
Just off the top of your head, would you guess there are more single adults in the city or in rural counties?

Create Eve 2.0, then take one of her ribs, and create Adam 2.0?
That would be "playing god," right? 😉
Why do some people have this irrational need to believe in miracles or accept unusual circumstances as "miracles," no questions asked? Is it due to ignorance? Or to psychological/emotional fragility?

That would be "playing god," right? 😉
Why do some people have this irrational need to believe in miracles or accept unusual circumstances as "miracles," no questions asked? Is it due to ignorance? Or to psychological/emotional fragility?

indoctrination​

[ in-dok-truh-ney-shuhn ]SHOW IPA

noun
the act of indoctrinating, or teaching or inculcating a doctrine, principle, or ideology, especially one with a specific point of view:religious indoctrination.

I see nothing miraculous about it...a dead corpse...big deal...

Back
Top Bottom