• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Minnesota police officer kills black CPL holder

EMNofSeattle

No Russian ever called me deplorable
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Fatal police shooting's aftermath on video - StarTribune.com

So apprently happened about 9pm central, I was hearing about it coming from college class on the radio.

Facts known, officer stops motorist for "Broken tail light" (as an editorial note, maybe it's time to consider making that a secondary violation, clearly this is a commonly abused thing) asks motorist for license and registration, motorist advises officer he has firearm and a handgun carry license, and apparently was putting his hands up when shot.

Video below of aftermath

Last edited:

So apprently happened about 9pm central, I was hearing about it coming from college class on the radio.

Facts known, officer stops motorist for "Broken tail light" (as an editorial note, maybe it's time to consider making that a secondary violation, clearly this is a commonly abused thing) asks motorist for license and registration, motorist advises officer he has firearm and a handgun carry license, and apparently was putting his hands up when shot.

Video below of aftermath

I can't believe you actually posted the video.

She seems to explain it more clear at the end, and that may be exactly how she thinks it happened.

Currently the Officer seems to think the guy was moving after he told him not to.
I will reserve judgment until I hear the Officer's account stated moire clearly.

Video below of aftermath

All we need do is look at the head cams of the cops.

I can only assume that every time a black person is shot and killed by the police, the left wants to politicize it?

I can only assume that every time a black person is shot and killed by the police, the left wants to politicize it?

This is a much different situation.

The young man was normal every day working man, and he had a concealed carry permit. He was obviously a law abiding citizen to be able to obtain the permit.

He didn't deserve to go down this way, and the people have a right to be pizzed off.

The young man was normal every day working man, and he had a concealed carry permit. He was obviously a law abiding citizen to be able to obtain the permit.

He didn't deserve to go down this way, and the people have a right to be pizzed off.

Still doesn't answer my question. Why is this particular thread posted on a political forum if the left isn't attempting to make all killings by the police political?

Still doesn't answer my question. Why is this particular thread posted on a political forum if the left isn't attempting to make all killings by the police political?

you really do sound looney tunes

I understand completely. Yeah, some of them do get carried away.

This case is sad and tragic.

The cop was obviously Jumpy.

I agree with you 100% but had this been a white guy there would only be crickets.

...and the right doesn't.

exactly, I will go out on a limb here, normal law abiding people do not draw guns on cops out of the blue. So I think the officer screwed up, If I'm wrong on this I will take the embaressment that goes with it, but I'm trying to wrap my head around why this young man would pull a firearm on an officer after informing him he has a carry license.

I agree with you 100% but had this been a white guy there would only be crickets.

Really? you think if a white CPL holder were gunned down by police in a suspicious situation that gun rights groups wouldn't be screaming for an investigation and punishment for the officer?

I'm almost certain gun forums, the Minnesota Gun Owners Civil Rights Alliance or the NRA would be over this, I'm hoping these groups will be on this one. Minnesota is one of these states when gun rights groups call legislators answer....

Whereas you want to suppress it?

Why is this particular thread posted on a political forum if the left isn't attempting to make all killings by the police political?

When government agents murder innocent civilians, that is a political issue (among other things).

Why is it so important to you to preemptively attack anyone who might want discuss why an innocent civilian was gunned down?

but I'm trying to wrap my head around why this young man would pull a firearm on an officer after informing him he has a carry license.
You are confusing her words for his.

You are confusing her words for his.

her testimony is credible, excited utterance/dying declaration exception to the hearsay rule counselor.

her testimony is credible, excited utterance/dying declaration exception to the hearsay rule counselor.
1. No. Those do not apply to her.

2. Totally missed the point of the reply.
She is the one who said he had a permit. He did not say it. She did.

It is going to be politicized because a whole lot of people (especially on political discussion forums) tend to look at things through a political filter. That being said, it's well worth discussing these issues as a matter of public safety and public policy.

Really? you think if a white CPL holder were gunned down by police in a suspicious situation that gun rights groups wouldn't be screaming for an investigation and punishment for the officer?

I'm almost certain gun forums, the Minnesota Gun Owners Civil Rights Alliance or the NRA would be over this, I'm hoping these groups will be on this one. Minnesota is one of these states when gun rights groups call legislators answer....

On that note, an article about this very subject.

Why Black Lives Don't Matter To The NRA | ThinkProgress

Back
Top Bottom