• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:1889] Minnesota police fatally shot Black man after traffic stop, family says; crowd holds protest

So train your cops so that they can understand the difference between a lethal weapon and a taser.

They already understand that.
One more time: no amount of "training" is going to result in a human being 100% error free all the time. Now, or ever.
How about the poor oppressed folk start "training" their children instead of having 3/4 of them with no father present, left to "raise" themselves on the streets running with gangs, selling drugs, terrorizing citizens, and shooting each other?
How bow DAT?

I have never put myself into a bad situation by attempting to flee, and I have never once been mistakenly shot while resisting arrest.
Information has a hard time getting into the "oppressed" skull apparently.

Your racism is clear, that you have to be bitch about it and pretend is evidence how much your side is losing. 😁

The only one bitching is you. You get all upset when the facts slap you on side the head.

Here's Duante taking a nice selfie. I wonder if it was the same weapon he used when he beat, choked, and robbed the woman that earned him such popularity with the law?

dante-wright-gun.jpg

We are talking about unarmed men, not men committing a violent crime when they were killed.

I have no idea why any person would think it is a requirement for a suspect to be armed in order to be shot by Police.
That great big IDIOT Rashard Brooks was "unarmed"....until he grabbed an officers taser.
Well, he wont be doing any of *that* anymore.
Go ahead and get it out of your head that it is a requirement to be "armed" in order to be shot by a cop. It isnt.

😂

This should be a hoot. Why don't you go ahead and tell all us black folk what the simple solution to surviving the gauntlet of European colonialism is.

Man, you're the lead contender to keep the race card alive

The only one bitching is you. You get all upset when the facts slap you on side the head.

Here's Duante taking a nice selfie. I wonder if it was the same weapon he used when he beat, choked, and robbed the woman that earned him such popularity with the law?

View attachment 67328476

A young up and coming thug. Wonder if he had killed any people yet? People carry guns for 1 thing. In case they want to shoot someone.
I saw several pictures of the poor "oppressed" Duante with stacks of cash as well.
No doubt earned honestly at his part time job, which he works at night after getting out of his Medical School for the day. :rolleyes:

Lets be honest: Duantes life of crime was cut short because he wasn't very bright. Thats not a bad thing for society.

She was a incompetent cop.

She killed a guy that could have been tased.

You say yes, I say no.
There is no person, now or ever, that would be 100% mistake free at all times.
Doesnt mean they are "incompetent". It means they made a mistake.

Thats all.

A young up and coming thug. Wonder if he had killed any people yet? People carry guns for 1 thing. In case they want to shoot someone.
I saw several pictures of the poor "oppressed" Duante with stacks of cash as well.
No doubt earned honestly at his part time job, which he works at night after getting out of his Medical School for the day. :rolleyes:

Lets be honest: Duantes life of crime was cut short because he wasn't very bright. Thats not a bad thing for society.

Well, I would rather that the young man do his time and possibly come out of jail with some sort of future.

The cop screwed up in the worst way.

I don't feel sorry for criminals either but this cop will have to face the music.

You are reaching again.

If the local law states no air freshers, then the cops are obligated to stop the car.

Discovering his warrant was secondary.

My mother lives in Minnesota she is white n her 70s drives a minivan in that area all the time, why do you suppose she doesn't get pulled over for the half dozen air fresheners she has hanging from her mirror???

The Minnesota penal code provides for sentences up to 5 years in prison and up to $10,000 in fines, depending upon the severity of the offence.

It does not include the death penalty, with or without a trial.

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n un-shot.

What facts are you talking about? I never defended any crimes Duante may or may not have committed, all I did was point out your racism and laugh at you for being the cucked coward that you are for pretending otherwise. 😁

Nah, Tray made the mistake of not beating Zim's head to a pulp. Sometime during the fight, he let up. That's why he got shot. If Martin had done what you claimed, Zimmerman would have been unconscious.
Maybe, but he could’ve also been dead.

you are allowed to use deadly force if you reasonably fear that you can die, not if you psychicly determine you will die. Someone who beats you unconscious cannot be trusted to let up when you pass out. It’s funny because if you are arguing Floyd was murdered then you must by necessity argue Zimmerman had reasonable fear.

I think I'm a little behind on the latest details on this story (though I can't be blamed; it's not like my local paper, The Boston Globe, is going to report this side of the story). Dante's issues seem to be a bit more than just lacking a permit for a gun:

Daunte Wright, the 20-year-old Black man shot by a police officer in a Minneapolis suburb Sunday afternoon, had an open warrant for his arrest related to an aggravated armed robbery attempt when he was killed, according to court records.
Wright and another man, identified as Emajay Maurice Driver, a high school acquaintance, had both been charged with first-degree aggravated robbery in a December 2019 incident in Osseso, Minn., Hennepin County District Court documents show.
According to the documents, Wright and Driver went to a party at an apartment in the 600 block of North Oaks Drive in Osseo – about 5 miles from Brooklyn Center, where Wright was fatally shot.
Around 2:30 a.m., two women at the home told Wright and Driver they needed to leave, but the two men said they did not have a ride, the documents say. The women reportedly allowed the Wright and Driver to spend the night.
In the morning, one of the two women left the apartment to get $820 in cash to pay the other for rent. After paying the rent, she left for work.
As Wright and Driver were waiting for their rides, the other woman who stayed behind said Wright allegedly blocked the door, preventing her from leaving. Wright then allegedly pulled a black handgun "with silver trim out from either his right waistband or his right coat pocket," pointed it at the woman and demanded the $820, the court documents say.
The victim asked him, "Are you serious?" to which he allegedly responded, "Give me the f---ing money, I know you have it," according to the court documents.
When she asked again if he was serious, he allegedly told her, "I’m not playing around."
Wright then allegedly choked the woman while trying to pull the cash out from under her bra, where she had tucked it away.
The court documents say she was able to pry herself loose and "started to kneel down and scream." She told authorities that she allegedly heard Driver tell her to give the money to Wright, who was yelling at her to stop screaming.
She reportedly screamed at them to get out of her apartment, telling them that the cops were close. Wright allegedly told her he would shoot her and said, "Give me the money and we will leave, give me the money and we will go."
He allegedly tried to choke her a second time and tried to take her money, according to the court documents. Driver allegedly told her to give Wright the money. The two men then left the apartment, got into a white Cadillac, and left the scene without the money. The woman later identified Wright and Driver via photo line-ups.
Wright was arrested and later released on $100,000 bail. As a condition of his release, he was not to have contact with the victim or witnesses, had to refrain from drugs and alcohol, and could not possess a firearm.
Wright’s bail was revoked in July because he allegedly possessed a firearm and was not keeping in touch with his probation officer, according to documents obtained by Fox News.

The reflexive left here will, no doubt, dismiss this because it's from Fox, but the story is sourced with court documents. This does not excuse the negligence by police, but let's not be so foolish as to claim the attempted arrest was about racism or air fresheners.

Just stop. He was not "arrested for an air freshener." You don't have to fabricate what went on here. He was stopped because he had items dangling from his mirror. That is illegal in MN, and it was entirely appropriate for him to be pulled over. He was arrested because there was an outstanding warrant for this arrest because he failed to appear before court in case involving him being in possession of a gun without a permit. That is a serious charge. Wright then complicated matters by committing a felony when he resisted arrest.

The cop who drew her gun rather than her taser is the one at fault here. You need not mislead others about the facts in this case in order to make her incompetence even worse. It's already bad enough
It took three cops for an air freshener stop???

The Minnesota penal code provides for sentences up to 5 years in prison and up to $10,000 in fines, depending upon the severity of the offence.

Wright did not recieve the death penalty so this is a moot point.

What facts are you talking about? I never defended any crimes Duante may or may not have committed, all I did was point out your racism and laugh at you for being the cucked coward that you are for pretending otherwise. 😁

There ya go.....another racism charge. (y)

Gig for Bean!

Another gig for Bean!

I think I'm a little behind on the latest details on this story (though I can't be blamed; it's not like my local paper, The Boston Globe, is going to report this side of the story). Dante's issues seem to be a bit more than just lacking a permit for a gun:

Daunte Wright, the 20-year-old Black man shot by a police officer in a Minneapolis suburb Sunday afternoon, had an open warrant for his arrest related to an aggravated armed robbery attempt when he was killed, according to court records.
Wright and another man, identified as Emajay Maurice Driver, a high school acquaintance, had both been charged with first-degree aggravated robbery in a December 2019 incident in Osseso, Minn., Hennepin County District Court documents show.
According to the documents, Wright and Driver went to a party at an apartment in the 600 block of North Oaks Drive in Osseo – about 5 miles from Brooklyn Center, where Wright was fatally shot.
Around 2:30 a.m., two women at the home told Wright and Driver they needed to leave, but the two men said they did not have a ride, the documents say. The women reportedly allowed the Wright and Driver to spend the night.
In the morning, one of the two women left the apartment to get $820 in cash to pay the other for rent. After paying the rent, she left for work.
As Wright and Driver were waiting for their rides, the other woman who stayed behind said Wright allegedly blocked the door, preventing her from leaving. Wright then allegedly pulled a black handgun "with silver trim out from either his right waistband or his right coat pocket," pointed it at the woman and demanded the $820, the court documents say.
The victim asked him, "Are you serious?" to which he allegedly responded, "Give me the f---ing money, I know you have it," according to the court documents.
When she asked again if he was serious, he allegedly told her, "I’m not playing around."
Wright then allegedly choked the woman while trying to pull the cash out from under her bra, where she had tucked it away.
The court documents say she was able to pry herself loose and "started to kneel down and scream." She told authorities that she allegedly heard Driver tell her to give the money to Wright, who was yelling at her to stop screaming.
She reportedly screamed at them to get out of her apartment, telling them that the cops were close. Wright allegedly told her he would shoot her and said, "Give me the money and we will leave, give me the money and we will go."
He allegedly tried to choke her a second time and tried to take her money, according to the court documents. Driver allegedly told her to give Wright the money. The two men then left the apartment, got into a white Cadillac, and left the scene without the money. The woman later identified Wright and Driver via photo line-ups.
Wright was arrested and later released on $100,000 bail. As a condition of his release, he was not to have contact with the victim or witnesses, had to refrain from drugs and alcohol, and could not possess a firearm.
Wright’s bail was revoked in July because he allegedly possessed a firearm and was not keeping in touch with his probation officer, according to documents obtained by Fox News.

The reflexive left here will, no doubt, dismiss this because it's from Fox, but the story is sourced with court documents. This does not excuse the negligence by police, but let's not be so foolish as to claim the attempted arrest was about racism or air fresheners.
He was a good boy, he Dindu Nuffin

My mother lives in Minnesota she is white n her 70s drives a minivan in that area all the time, why do you suppose she doesn't get pulled over for the half dozen air fresheners she has hanging from her mirror???
Maybe 70 year old women aren’t a crime demographic so officers aren’t looking for suspects who look like her.

He didn't receive the "death penalty". He didn't even make it to court.

Because he was too ignorant to follow Police instructions, and he was accidentally shot and killed.

Sad. Mistakes were made on both sides. If not for Dumb Duantes behavior, he would have not been shot. Or tased. Merely put into a squad car and taken to jail for an outstanding warrant where he could have posted bail and then been on his way. Free to commit more crimes and blow off court again.

Bad decision making by Dumb Duante.

Not sure. When's the last time your mother choked someone at gun point?

Back
Top Bottom