• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Minneapolis stores looted as mayhem erupts following gunman's suicide: police

Jack Fabulous

Friend Zone
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Minneapolis stores looted as mayhem erupts following gunman'''s suicide: police | Fox News

A suspected gunman fatally shot himself Wednesday as Minneapolis police were moving in to arrest him for a slaying committed hours earlier, sparking looting in the downtown area, police told Fox News. The couple fled on foot but the woman was taken into custody by police a short time later. Authorities searched for the suspected gunman and found him just after 6 p.m. in the Nicollet Mall area, a shopping and dining district in the downtown area.

"As officers approached, he produced a handgun and shot himself," Elder told Fox News.

Surveillance footage of the shooting showed the man shooting himself near a group of people.

So a guy shoots HIMSELF and a riot ensues? WTF???

That does seem to be rather irrational. I think folk are just looking for excuses to loot at this point.

****ing 2020.

That does seem to be rather irrational. I think folk are just looking for excuses to loot at this point.

****ing 2020.

Don’t forget your usual mention that protesters on streets have been hit by cars.

Don’t forget your usual mention that protesters on streets have been hit by cars.

Protesters on the street have been hit by cars. Do facts irritate you? That has nothing to do with this topic though. Do try to stay on target.

The cops should have been there to stop him! Maybe the rioters will take the hint and eat their guns.

Now, now, probably can’t say that about rioters. Anyone else reacting to rioters, no problem.

Protesters on the street have been hit by cars. Do facts irritate you? That has nothing to do with this topic though. Do try to stay on target.

I’ll remember you said this the next you bring up protesters getting hit by cars in a thread about something bad rioters/looters have done. ;)

The first thing to teach your kids is “Stay out of the street so you don’t get hit by a car!” Duh!

Months ago I was saying to people the BEST thing that could happen for Trump's re-election is riots. Riots everywhere. Lots of violence. Lots of destruction. Lots of arson. Terrorizing as many people as possible.

The Democrat Party hasn't let me down. Democratic city and state officials essentially ordering the police do to nothing is exactly what is causing this to increasingly escalate. If punks and criminals know they can go steal anything they want that is what the will do.

I wonder if the RNC is secretly paying those Democratic mayors and governors? The riots have become THE top topic for the Republican convention.

It took almost 4 months for Biden to be able to even say that rioting is bad, but not 1 word of what to do about it. Nothing.

The first thing to teach your kids is “Stay out of the street so you don’t get hit by a car!” Duh!

Jaywalking isn't a capital offense. But again, that has nothing to do with this thread. Do try to stay on target.

You put it there, bud.

Confucius says: “Play in street get hit by car. Go thump, thump.”

Perchance you saw the post I was replying to? Yes? Maybe? Or did you just want to jump in with off-topic shenanigans because it seemed like fun?

lol

Stay on target.

WTF about any of this nonsense. Anarchists are just looking for any reason they can find, which is odd, because the only reason they need is that they are anarchists.

The people doing the looting in this case don't appear to be anarchists, they appear to be locals acting spontaneously as false rumors of a black man being shot by police were circulating.

This is the result of city and state officials issuing stand down orders in the aftermath of the George Floyd killing. Allowing lawlessness has only encouraged more lawlessness.

The people doing the looting in this case don't appear to be anarchists, they appear to be locals acting spontaneously as false rumors of a black man being shot by police were circulating.

This is the result of city and state officials issuing stand down orders in the aftermath of the George Floyd killing. Allowing lawlessness has only encouraged more lawlessness.

If the law against looting is not enforced, then it’s pretty obvious those in charge don’t care.

Anyone who takes advantage of lawlessness to loot and vandalize, is an anarchist in my opinion, local or not.

Anyone who takes advantage of lawlessness to loot and vandalize, is an anarchist in my opinion, local or not.

Whatever they are really doesn't matter. What matters is that they were emboldened by the lack of any action taken to put a stop to this kind of thing and they will continue to feel this way until someone steps up and knocks it the **** out.

****ing 2020.

It makes perfect sense in teh age of Trump.

I don't think that is so much what is leading to the rioting...it is just frustration that has boiled over at this point. There is no rationality or irrationality. The police do need to be reformed...I think all of us can agree there are many areas that need to be improved. Are the police always wrong? Of course not...they could not stop the guy from killing himself...but they also could have avoided the issue in Wisconsin or the shooting of Breonna Taylor or the shooting and cover up of Kathryn Johnston in Atlanta. Those are just a few of the cases....something needs to be done on both sides.

If we haven't learned by now, BLM people are just nuts!

It's the same crazy scenario every time: 1) a non-compliant suspect gets understandably shot, 2) BLM falsely alleges "racism" and feigns outrage to rile up all the emotionally dupable sports and Hollywood and lame-stream media types, 3) BLM calls on their rank and file to go into Kenosha and bully, riot, loot, assault, and murder, 4) BLM knows it's liberal-land -- liberal mayor and liberal governor -- so they won't be bothered by sufficient law enforcement presence, 5) keep on wreaking havoc until some other event worthy of feigned outrage occurs (this murder suspect fleas and then shoots himself), 6) branch to step 2.

This has been going on for over three months.

Hopefully President Trump will bring in the troops and stop this craziness.

But BLM has essentially declared war on American cities, while their Marxist founders remain safe in their ivory towers as their rank and file get carted off to prison or killed.

I believe it's time to accept Marxist BLM's declaration of war and fight back .. first and foremost by going to Marxist BLM headquarters and arresting their founders on counts of treason.

****ing 2020.

People are on edge, and broke.

An interesting study done as to how each party fares when riots are common. The poor guy that cited it - it was an older study - was fired by his ultra left employer.

Writing at New York Magazine, Jonathan Chait relates the story of a young data analyst named David Shor. Shor is apparently a social democrat, i.e. someone from the left wing of the party who is more likely to be a Sanders supporter than, say, a Joe Biden fan. Last month when protests were starting to get more violent, Shor tweeted this:

Post-MLK-assasination race riots reduced Democratic vote share in surrounding counties by 2%, which was enough to tip the 1968 election to Nixon. Non-violent protests *increase* Dem vote, mainly by encouraging warm elite discourse and media coverage. http://www.omarwasow.com/Protests_on_Voting.pdf. pic.twitter.com/VRUwnRFuVW

— (((David Shor))) (@davidshor) May 28, 2020
Chait: Progressive data analyst was fired for citing research that riots hurt Democratic vote totals

Worth the whole read. And before anybody hollers about hotair, I thought it the most concise recap. If you prefer, the New York Times revisited the study yesterday and the issue of firing Shor.

The study is very important. It's also a reason for why Trump will probably prevail. Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom