• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Minneapolis stores looted as mayhem erupts following gunman's suicide: police

People are on edge, and broke.

These miscreants certainly don't look like they're starving, and being on edge over Corona or whatever is no excuse for stealing from other people and destroying property. These aren't people that deserve a modicum of sympathy. I imagine the entire country is on edge, but that doesn't mean we're all running down the street intimidating our neighbors , breaking their windows and stealing from them. Thanks!!

These miscreants certainly don't look like they're starving, and being on edge over Corona or whatever is no excuse for stealing from other people and destroying property. These aren't people that deserve a modicum of sympathy. I imagine the entire country is on edge, but that doesn't mean we're all running down the street intimidating our neighbors , breaking their windows and stealing from them. Thanks!!

Why are people like you always so terrified to talk about underlying causes of criminal behavior? Why do you always think understanding criminal motivations is somehow condoning crime?

How to solve this problem:

1) riot is declared
2) assembly is declared unlawful
3) people are ordered to disperse
4) flamethrowers

I'm fine with flamethrowers. Not only do they enforce the rules, but they are a great educational tool for future rioters.

1) riot is declared
4) flamethrowers

I'm fine with flamethrowers. Not only do they enforce the rules, but they are a great educational tool for future rioters.

Says dude with "all lives matter" signature.

Go back to Stormfront, troll.

If Trump is the "Law & Order President" why is he doing NOTHING to stop the riots?

That does seem to be rather irrational. I think folk are just looking for excuses to loot at this point.

****ing 2020.

Yeah, but it's their 1st Amendment right. Right?

1) riot is declared
4) flamethrowers

Of course. Don't give two milliseconds of intellectual thought about the actual root causes of the riots. It's so much easier to just act like an internet tuff guy isn't it? People like you address symptoms instead of problems. Your reasoning would make one go broke on bug spray while ignoring the crumbs that are attracting them in the first place.

It won't be long before people start recognizing this for what it is: an insurgency.

It won't be long before people start recognizing this for what it is: an insurgency.
It's already been mischaracterized as everything else under the sun, except for unhinged anger over police misconduct because I guess that would make too much sense.

The people doing the looting in this case don't appear to be anarchists, they appear to be locals acting spontaneously as false rumors of a black man being shot by police were circulating.

This is the result of city and state officials issuing stand down orders in the aftermath of the George Floyd killing. Allowing lawlessness has only encouraged more lawlessness.

The buck starts at the top in these blue cities. It starts with the mayor. The cops hands are mostly tied.
Agree with you that what we are seeing isn't anarchism. It's being done by those who live in the community, common criminals, scumbags, who are taking advantage of the George Floyd killing.

Democrat-run cities are being overrun by violent, criminal mobs.

Yeah, but it's their 1st Amendment right. Right?

Um no the first amendment doesn't cover theft. Hope this helps, buddy.

That does seem to be rather irrational. I think folk are just looking for excuses to loot at this point.

****ing 2020.

It's been irrational for a while now. This is just another cherry on top.

The buck starts at the top in these blue cities. It starts with the mayor. The cops hands are mostly tied.
Agree with you that what we are seeing isn't anarchism. It's being done by those who live in the community, common criminals, scumbags, who are taking advantage of the George Floyd killing.

Democrat-run cities are being overrun by violent, criminal mobs.

What's your solution?

Um no the first amendment doesn't cover theft. Hope this helps, buddy.

As long as the theft is a peaceful type of theft, I don't think it really matters.

It's been irrational for a while now. This is just another cherry on top.

"I'm about to become homeless" is a fairly rational motivation to turn to crime.

Of course. Don't give two milliseconds of intellectual thought about the actual root causes of the riots.

If I am minding my own business eating a meal at restaurant and some group of fools invades that area with a political agenda and DEMANDING something of me, then I DON'T CARE what they feel is the "root cause" of their grievance or what their message is. Not a left agenda message, or a right agenda message; I am just there ON MY TIME to have a meal in peace.

It's so much easier to just act like an internet tuff guy isn't it?

Has nothing to do with the internet (the video posted was of an incident not on the internet-- it was a restaurant), and nothing to do about being a "tough guy". It is about protecting MY PERSONAL space from angry entitled and CRAZY people who would seek to invade it, and then THREATEN me. The decision NOT TO ENGAGE in uncivil threatening behavior is ON THEM. They cross "a line" and then my response at some point is also ON THEM. They have a choice in this, same as me. But surrendering to their threatening demands---- ain't gonna happen.

People like you address symptoms instead of problems.

If they are going to act like that, then I don't care about what they "feel" their problems are. I don't give one flying f*** about what they "think" they are entitled to. If they can't peacefully spread their message and their perspective, then I am tuning them out 100%. Their children could be on fire and I DON'T CARE if they are going act like a-holes.

They want to have a conversation in an APPROPRIATE manner, and an APPROPRIATE place---then by all means, they can ask that of me, and yes, I am willing to listen.. even if I reserve the right not to agree. But his bullsh** right our of some radical Marxist playbook where they go out and threaten and intimidate may work on the weak minded or the indoctrinated, but it wont work on the rest of us. And the fact that not enough ADULTS in the room are telling them they are wrong with their approach, doesn't help them. Their frustration will only become compounded when they realize come November that America will reject the BLM movement, not because of the sentiment, but because of the tactics and the manner they are spreading their point of view. You cannot FORCE people to change their minds. You many get a few people out of intimidation to make a "fist", but that doesn't mean you changed their minds or their hearts.

You would go broke on bug spray while ignoring the crumbs that are attracting them in the first place.

Trust me, I know how to eradicate vermin and insects. I don't waste my time on superficial battles, I go after the queen and lay waste to the foundations and then salt the Earth. People who mistakenly think I won't respond may learn very quickly any inadequacies in their current dental plan.

As long as the theft is a peaceful type of theft, I don't think it really matters.

In the face of systemic injustice it is hard to be driven to panic by stolen televisions, I agree.

It's interesting how police in the video immediately start blaming the police.

You know it's bad when the cops start blaming the cops!!!

I didn't see that part but I did see at least one bystander asking the cops why they did that.

If I am minding my own business eating a meal at restaurant and some group of fools invades that area with a political agenda and DEMANDING something of me, then I DON'T CARE what they feel is the "root cause" of their grievance or what their message is. Not a left agenda message, or a right agenda message; I am just there ON MY TIME to have a meal in peace.
I'm sorry if other peoples' anger over widespread injustice is inconvenient for you, your grace!
If they are going to act like that, then I don't care about what they "feel" their problems are. I don't give one flying f*** about what they "think" they are entitled to. If they can't peacefully spread their message and their perspective, then I am tuning them out 100%. Their children could be on fire and I DON'T CARE if they are going act like a-holes.
What about the tens of millions of people who are 100% peaceful on this message? Are you sure you're not just using the rioters as an excuse to ignore the problem?

They want to have a conversation in an APPROPRIATE manner, and an APPROPRIATE place---then by all means, they can ask that of me, and yes, I am willing to listen.. even if I reserve the right not to agree. But his bullsh** right our of some radical Marxist playbook where they go out and threaten and intimidate may work on the weak minded or the indoctrinated, but it wont work on the rest of us. And the fact that not enough ADULTS in the room are telling them they are wrong with their approach, doesn't help them. Their frustration will only become compounded when they realize come November that America will reject the BLM movement, not because of the sentiment, but because of the tactics and the manner they are spreading their point of view. You cannot FORCE compliance on anything. You many get a few people out of intimidation to make a "fist", but that doesn't mean you changed their minds or their hearts.

How many decades do people need to try that before it's acceptable to throw the tea in the harbor, in your opinion?

Trust me, I know how to eradicate vermin and insects. I don't waste my time on superficial battles, I go after the queen and lay waste to the foundations and then salt the Earth. People who mistakenly think I won't respond may learn very quickly any inadequacies in their current dental plan.

Laughable. You'll never do ****. You're not going to engage in the systemic oppression you champion. You demand other people do your genocide for you.

What's your solution?

It's not the left's solution to pretend that criminal activity, looting, arson, violence is 1) not happening, 2) looting is reparations and justified 3) a result of widespread police injustice.

It's not the left's solution to pretend that criminal activity, looting, arson, violence is 1) not happening, 2) looting is reparations and justified 3) a result of widespread police injustice.

You didn't answer the question.

"I'm about to become homeless" is a fairly rational motivation to turn to crime.

Actually it's a rational motivation to get a ****ing job.

More police brutality is not going to end rioting over police brutality.

Don't riot and you want get your ass whipped. Pretty simple concept. So far, doing nothing, has been a massive failure. Wouldn't you say?

Back
Top Bottom