• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Minneapolis cops leave security posts at Lynx game over shirts

Anthony60

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Minneapolis police leave security posts at Minnesota Lynx game over protest shirts

When members of the WNBA's Minnesota Lynx wore T-shirts with the message of seeking change following the deaths of Philando Castile and Alton Sterling, who were both fatally shot by police officers last week, they weren't the only group taking action Saturday.

It also named the group "Black Lives Matter" on the shirt. To me, that's a deal breaker. You are supporting a group that is teetering on being terrorists. Black lives don't matter to that group, so it's a waste of time to recognize them.

Minneapolis police leave security posts at Minnesota Lynx game over protest shirts

When members of the WNBA's Minnesota Lynx wore T-shirts with the message of seeking change following the deaths of Philando Castile and Alton Sterling, who were both fatally shot by police officers last week, they weren't the only group taking action Saturday.

It also named the group "Black Lives Matter" on the shirt. To me, that's a deal breaker. You are supporting a group that is teetering on being terrorists. Black lives don't matter to that group, so it's a waste of time to recognize them.

They aren't teetering on terrorist.
Stop being hyperbolic, it ruins any legitimate criticism.

They're just being giant assholes.

I suspect the officers were working off-duty and were being paid by the sports franchise. So, this is something to be discussed between the sports franchise and the officers involved.

If the cops were moonlighting then that is their right. If they were on duty they should reprimanded.

They were off duty working security. The four officers have taken their names off the list of those willing to work security for their games. More may follow.

More honest would have been to have the names of the SEVEN victims. Just the two after five officers were shot and killed defending BLM protesters? Honestly? **** 'em. What a public insult.

They were off duty working security. The four officers have taken their names off the list of those willing to work security for their games. More may follow.

More honest would have been to have the names of the SEVEN victims. Just the two after five officers were shot and killed defending BLM protesters? Honestly? **** 'em. What a public insult.

Including the names of the dead police with the names of the other two deceased WOULD have been powerful. And it wouldn't have compromised their position at all.

What? They must have run out of donuts.

Including the names of the dead police with the names of the other two deceased WOULD have been powerful. And it wouldn't have compromised their position at all.

It makes them look like **** to join in, when the investigations over the two men aren't even done.
We don't know if they're really victims yet.

We do know those cops were innocent though.

Good for the officers in this case, exercising their 1st amendment rights by walking off the site. Perhaps, like in Baltimore following the Freddy Grey political attempt at lynching officers, more communities like this will find their police officers unwilling to police areas where black lives don't matter to blacks and let the law of the jungle prevail. Perhaps then louder voices in the black community will be heard, those who respect and support police for the hard and dangerous work they do to protect the 90% plus of black people who are law abiding and respectful of others.

If the cops were moonlighting then that is their right. If they were on duty they should reprimanded.

Nope, if they were on duty they'd have been in uniform, which does not carry reference the asshole group BLM.

Well, they did have the Dallas PD shield featured.

It makes them look like **** to join in, when the investigations over the two men aren't even done.
We don't know if they're really victims yet.

We do know those cops were innocent though.

That's probably why the Dallas PD shield was on the shirts.

Sorry, I can't abide by "honoring" people who may or may not have been assaultive jackholes.
The support being given to those guys(two men killed), without anymore information, the support given to BLM when they make chants about killing cops.
I would of left too.

Sorry, I can't abide by "honoring" people who may or may not have been assaultive jackholes.
The support being given to those guys(two men killed), without anymore information, the support given to BLM when they make chants about killing cops.
I would of left too.

Fine with me. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'... the PD shield was on the shirts too.

Fine with me. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'... the PD shield was on the shirts too.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but we're still here, well after the Ferguson event was ruled completely justifiable and people still call Mike Brown a "victim."
This stuff has gotten out of hand.

Dead cops in Dallas doesn't excuse murdered civilians. Asking for justice for dead civilians is not an insult to cops who weren't involved.

There was a freaking Dallas PD star on the shirts. Where the **** is the insult?

I had to enlarge my screen shot to be able to see that, after reading your post. I seriously doubt anyone that saw those shirts could even tell what that was when the names of the two men above it were so large.

The investigations into the two shootings are not complete and we don't know if they should have, as one said in a press conference, "be wearing shirts to honor and mourn the losses of precious American citizens ..." since we don't know yet if the shootings were legitimate, legal, and justified. We do know, however, that the killing and maiming of the Dallas Police officers was not legitimate, legal, or justified. To put the two together on a shirt, at this point, is an insult to police officers everywhere.

The only reason that those two men's names were on those shirts, is because they were black, they were shot and killed by police, and someone caught a very few seconds of video that do not show the whole story. But, because they were black men, and were shot by police, we are told by the Black Lives Matter group that we must believe they were innocent and the police murdered them. Even the Black Congressional Caucus have said they were murdered, before the investigations have been completed.

I would do the same as the officers in this story, if I were a cop in that city.

Dead cops in Dallas doesn't excuse murdered civilians. Asking for justice for dead civilians is not an insult to cops who weren't involved.

There was a freaking Dallas PD star on the shirts. Where the **** is the insult?

Which citizens were murdered? Other than the Dallas Police officers?

Last edited:

If the cops saw it as an insult by the by the shirts supporting BLM, they most certainly don't have to give their tacit approval.

If the cops saw it as an insult by the Shorty's supporting BLM, they most certainly don't have to give their tacit approval.

Being a security guard is "tacit approval" of every article of clothing in the building?

The star shows solidarity with DPD.

Good for the officers in this case, exercising their 1st amendment rights by walking off the site. Perhaps, like in Baltimore following the Freddy Grey political attempt at lynching officers, more communities like this will find their police officers unwilling to police areas where black lives don't matter to blacks and let the law of the jungle prevail

This is known as the "Ferguson Effect", and it appears to be responsible for a spiking in crime, mostly against minority communities.

Being a security guard is "tacit approval" of every article of clothing in the building?

The star shows solidarity with DPD.

It didn't show it to them, apparently.

You are supporting a group that is teetering on being terrorists.

If BLM really is eliciting that level of narcissistic rage from some whites, then their movement has been a success so far.

Back
Top Bottom