• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Minneapolis City Council alarmed by crime surge after defunding police

PoS

Minister of Love
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Minneapolis City Council alarmed by crime surge after defunding police
Minneapolis City Council members, who just two months ago moved to eliminate the police department, sounded the alarm during a Wednesday meeting about a surge in crime seen by their constituents.
Council members pressed police Chief Medaria Arradondo about the uptick in crimes that included daylight carjackings, robberies, assaults, shootings and street racing.
“Residents are asking, ‘Where are the police?’” said Council Member Jamal Osman, noting that constituents’ calls to the Minneapolis Police Department have gone unanswered. “That is the only public safety option they have at the moment. MPD. They rely on MPD. And they are saying they are nowhere to be seen.

LOL what did they think was gonna happen? Idiots. :doh

The “re-imagining” public safety is going really good.

I hope they do not focus on fixing the fire department next.

I hope they do not focus on fixing the fire department next.

They probably think its okay to have fires, as long as theyre calm and peaceful.

uptick in crimes that included daylight carjackings, robberies, assaults, shootings and street racing.

Ha! Take that you racist police!!!
#ProgressiveWin #Biden2020

The police will come to arrest you, when you use a firearm as a way to defend yourself from the criminals.

They probably think its okay to have fires, as long as theyre calm and peaceful.

i'll never forget the CNN reporter saying "even though that building behind me is burning, the protests have been largely peaceful."

:forehead smack:

The police will come to arrest you, when you use a firearm as a way to defend yourself from the criminals.

every time we see that happen we need to write the local government of that locale and demand an explanation. if enough do it it may jolt them to being better.

Arradondo said about 100 officers have left the department or have taken a leave of absence since the start of the year, which is more than double the typical number of officers who either step down from the department or are inactive that year, MPR reported. In July, the council took several steps toward dismantling the city’s police department, including approving an amendment to remove $1 million from the police department and reallocate it toward the health department to hire “violence interrupters” who are intended to defuse potentially violent situations.

And PoS thinks that means they don't have any cops at all. . .

:lol:

Arradondo said about 100 officers have left the department or have taken a leave of absence since the start of the year, which is more than double the typical number of officers who either step down from the department or are inactive that year, MPR reported. In July, the council took several steps toward dismantling the city’s police department, including approving an amendment to remove $1 million from the police department and reallocate it toward the health department to hire “violence interrupters” who are intended to defuse potentially violent situations.

And Mr. P thinks that by blatantly lying he can put one up on me... herp derp!

herp derp!

That's nice, PoS.

You should probably read the things you post before you post them, because this was another epic fail of a stupid thread.

That's nice, PoS.

You should probably read the things you post before you post them, because this was another epic fail of a stupid thread.

LOL stop lying. Quote me where I said there are no cops around in Minneapolis. I dare you.

You think you can get away with your usual librul BS because youre you?

LOL stop lying. Quote me where I said there are no cops around in Minneapolis. I dare you. You think you can get away with your usual librul BS because youre you?

No, really, actually read the article this time. All they did was move a million in funding. Anything else were simply things they said they wanted to do, but didn't. They're only down 50 more cops than they usually would be.

This is a nothingburger, but you bit. That's what happens when you only read the title because it sounds like something that lines up with the hyperpartisan idiocy buzzing around in your head all day, like a swarm of perpetually pissed off but rather stupid bees.

It quotes one person saying they got queries about non-responsive police, but that “This is not new,” Bender said. “But it is very concerning in the current context.”

Does PoS know what "not new" means? No? Well let's help PoS understand it. PoS, it means that this is not something that only suddenly started to happen after the mere million dollars was moved out of police funds, something you idiotically concluded was defunding of the police.

Did the bolding help? Worth a shot.

:2wave:

tl;dr

Police not defunded. Unresponsiveness an old issue. PoS catastrophically and hilariously ****ed up again.

I suppose you can say Minneapolis City council heart was in the right place, they were totally lacking in common sense and good judgement. I take their actions as more knee jerk than actually thinking things through, weighing different models and possible outcomes.

Minneapolis is totally responsible for their own police department and their actions. Minneapolis hires their police, they train their police, the give their police the rules, regulations and laws they must operate under, they fund or defund their police, the city owns their own police department. Then the city leaders run around like they had or have nothing to do with their own city police department. It's always someone else's fault although no one else could do a thing about it and had nothing to do with it.

I've read over the last month, several articles on other city police where they stood by and let a crime happen doing nothing. Probably out of fear of reprisals from the city leaders if something went wrong. There seems to be a fine line here. Perhaps Minneapolis city council should have taken their time, come up with new guidelines and regulations for their police department, training for all police on those new guidelines and regulations before taking a knee jerk reaction that seem political expedient at the time which probably will cause much more harm than good.

i'll never forget the CNN reporter saying "even though that building behind me is burning, the protests have been largely peaceful."

:forehead smack:

Even thought the Las Vegas shooter shot dozens of people, he was completely peaceful and harmless to the overwhelming majority of people in Las Vegas.

No, really, actually read the article this time.

So now youre chickening out again? This is what you first claimed:

You claimed I thought there were no cops in Minneapolis.

So youve been caught lying again, which is what you always do.

Herp derp fail on Mr. P

I so love debating you, since proving you wrong is super easy! :mrgreen:

Yeah, "reimagine" that, you leftist with zero sense of common sense....duh, yeah the rest of them are just going to step up and play ball, huh?....nah, not going to happen. It will only get worse, as soon as more of the criminal element see they will not get caught.....then they will only send out social workers and psychiatrists....this should make for some interesting videos.

So I guess the question is how come the "violence interruptors" have failed to interrupt violence.
Maybe the answer is that carjacking and shootings occurred in a non- violent manner.

So now youre chickening out again? This is what you first claimed:

You claimed I thought there were no cops in Minneapolis.

So youve been caught lying again, which is what you always do.

Herp derp fail on Mr. P

I so love debating you, since proving you wrong is super easy! :mrgreen:

Proving me wrong? All you're doing is dishonestly editing posts in a typically stupid fashion. All I have to do is this:

No, really, actually read the article this time. All they did was move a million in funding. Anything else were simply things they said they wanted to do, but didn't. They're only down 50 more cops than they usually would be.

This is a nothingburger, but you bit. That's what happens when you only read the title because it sounds like something that lines up with the hyperpartisan idiocy buzzing around in your head all day, like a swarm of perpetually pissed off but rather stupid bees.

It quotes one person saying they got queries about non-responsive police, but that “This is not new,” Bender said. “But it is very concerning in the current context.”

Does PoS know what "not new" means? No? Well let's help PoS understand it. PoS, it means that this is not something that only suddenly started to happen after the mere million dollars was moved out of police funds, something you idiotically concluded was defunding of the police.

Did the bolding help? Worth a shot.

:2wave:

tl;dr

Police not defunded. Unresponsiveness an old issue. PoS catastrophically and hilariously ****ed up again.

So I guess the question is how come the "violence interruptors" have failed to interrupt violence.
Maybe the answer is that carjacking and shootings occurred in a non- violent manner.

You Trumpists really need to try harder to read the words on the page. The police were not defunded, they're only down 50 cops relative to the norm, and the lack of repsonsiveness by police is a long-standing complaint.

PoS swallowed a nothingburger and is idiotically (and desperately) trying to run victory laps to cover over his fail.

You Trumpists really need to try harder to read the words on the page. The police were not defunded, they're only down 50 cops relative to the norm, and the lack of repsonsiveness by police is a long-standing complaint.

PoS swallowed a nothingburger and is idiotically (and desperately) trying to run victory laps to cover over his fail.
Your very first post in this thread was a blatant lie:

It is not just permanently laying off police and cutting funding. It is having the remaining police willing to do anything since the Democrat mayors have made it clear that if an officer defends his/her own life then the Democratic mayor, DA and judge will publicly rant that officer is a murderer and pursue sending the officer to prison for life.

The police in Democratic run cities also understand there is no reason to arrest anyone because Democratic Party DAs and judge LOVE criminals and almost always instantly release them and rarely will prosecute anyone - so why risk their lives for nothing other having to decide whether they prefer being murdered or imprisoned for life - plus any arrest is automatically abuse by the police.

Eliminating the police is more than just firing the police. It is eliminating policing even if having police by Democratic mayors, governors, DA and judges declaring it is the police who are the criminals and the criminals are the good guys.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom