• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Minn. braces for shutdown at midnight; Democratic gov and GOP lawmakers at odds over

Re: Minn. braces for shutdown at midnight; Democratic gov and GOP lawmakers at odds o

I thought infrastructures were highways.
Highways are just a segment of the transportation infrastructure which is just a segment of the overall infrastructure. Or to put it another way, if infrastructure were just highways, they'd just call it highways. :)

Re: Minn. braces for shutdown at midnight; Democratic gov and GOP lawmakers at odds o

Highways are just a segment of the transportation infrastructure which is just a segment of the overall infrastructure. Or to put it another way, if infrastructure were just highways, they'd just call it highways. :)

Roads, highways, freeways, airports; those aren't corporate.

Roads, highways, freeways, airports; those aren't corporate.
As I said, the majority (i.e. most but not all) of our critical infrastructure is privately owned and operated.

As I said, the majority (i.e. most but not all) of our critical infrastructure is privately owned and operated.

So you're saying that highways, freeways, bridges, airports, roads - all of that is privately owned and operated.

Yes, those poor people making over $1000000 a year just can't afford a tiny tax hike. We should start a charity for them.

Did you read anything about this before you interjected your absurd opinion into it?

So people who work hard don't deserve their wealth, people that are nothing more then leeches on society deserve it because... it makes you feel good?

Why is it not widely understood that when you've got budget woes you cut any nonessential programs and services.

Next you reduce to the minimum that will preserve the service, Department, or offices.

You go to any and all Unions and tell them they have a choice. Everyone takes a pay cut possibly in the form of taking on more of the cost of benefits or both or we outsource all the jobs and fire all Union workers.

By dumping Unions and outsourcing jobs you automatically get more bang for the buck because the Company knows that production and effectiveness id a must or Company two gets a shot at the job.

Miracles can happen if you have a plan and stick to your convictions, making the case to the People forcefully.

Will this work? You bet it will.

What is more important? The whole population of a few hundred or thousand Union jobs and the thugs behind them?

Check out what Sandy Springs GA did. It was a new city that just incorporated and they did the town right! Cities, Counties and States like Minnesota could take a lesson from Sandy Springs.

Last edited:

So people who work hard don't deserve their wealth, people that are nothing more then leeches on society deserve it because... it makes you feel good?

Sure they do. And we used to tax them WAY more than Dayton's proposed hike. They don't even compare. It's hardly unfair, as mentioned earlier, to ask people who use more and benefit more to pay a bit more.

Yeah, everyone who isn't a millionaire is a leech. Forget the fact that millionaires can only exist because of these "leeches."

Check out what Sandy Springs GA did. It was a new city that just incorporated and they did the town right! Cities, Counties and States like Minnesota could take a lesson from Sandy Springs.

Do you know anything at all about Sandy Springs? It is so far from average as to be hilarious. Just to give you an example, UPS and Rubbermaid among other Fortune 500 corporations are headquartered there. To suggest that other places should be more like Sandy Springs is hilarious.

That is very interesting indeed. I'm concerned though about the fact that there's no pension for even safety officials. Th poverty level there is quite low, but I can't find mention of what it was before their instituted the outsourcing. I wonder how things work for the poor there are. Also, the video fails to mention their school system is also still government-controled.

Did you watch the video? Imagine that, low property taxes attracks business and jobs. That's quite a concept. Did I forgot to mention the management company that runs the city is employee owned?

A government shutdown should be avoided at all costs.

I meant model their city services after Sandy Springs. Sounds like a mighty prosperous place to me.

The reason they can do what they do is they have a high tax base due to all the corporations and high income people. Not every city/sate can do that.

Did you watch the video? Imagine that, low property taxes attracks business and jobs. That's quite a concept. Did I forgot to mention the management company that runs the city is employee owned?

The businesses that are there where there before the incorporation.

The reason they can do what they do is they have a high tax base due to all the corporations and high income people. Not every city/sate can do that.

Did those companies move there before or after they incorporated?

Did those companies move there before or after they incorporated?

Well before. They only incorporated in 2005 I think it was.

Sure they do. And we used to tax them WAY more than Dayton's proposed hike. They don't even compare. It's hardly unfair, as mentioned earlier, to ask people who use more and benefit more to pay a bit more.

Yeah, everyone who isn't a millionaire is a leech. Forget the fact that millionaires can only exist because of these "leeches."

Leeches it would seem, are the ones that need the millionaires.

Do you know anything at all about Sandy Springs? It is so far from average as to be hilarious. Just to give you an example, UPS and Rubbermaid among other Fortune 500 corporations are headquartered there. To suggest that other places should be more like Sandy Springs is hilarious.

UPS World Headquarters
55 Glenlake Parkway NE
Atlanta , GA 30328
United States

Near Sandy Springs but as far as I can see not in Sandy Springs. Maybe you can clarify it for me?

Newell Rubbermaid to Build Atlanta Headquarters

Atlanta, October 16, 2006 - Newell Rubbermaid Inc. announces it has signed an agreement with developers Greenstone Properties, in partnership with Pope & Land and Granite Properties, to construct a 350,000 sq. foot, 14-story Atlanta headquarters at Two Glenlake in the Perimeter Center area. The groundbreaking is scheduled to occur prior to January 2007, with a Fall 2008 targeted move in date.

Rubbermaid Commercial Products

Did Rubbermaind NOT build in Atlanta? The information I'm finding appears to conflict with yours.

Sandy Springs is basically a suburb of Atlanta. 30328 is a Sandy Springs zip code: Sandy Springs Zip Codes, Area Code, County and more

Is the addresses given for UPS and Rubbermaid in the incorporated city limits of Sandy Springs or not? Sandy Springs can only benefit from the corporations if the locations are in their city limits paying city taxes. If your point is the employees live there, well their property taxes are low due to the privatization of the city services. The city benefits no more or less than any other citizen living there.

Is the addresses given for UPS and Rubbermaid in the incorporated city limits of Sandy Springs or not? Sandy Springs can only benefit from the corporations if the locations are in their city limits paying city taxes. If your point is the employees live there, well their property taxes are low due to the privatization of the city services. The city benefits no more or less than any other citizen living there.

Yes, they are located in Sandy Springs. No, the reason property taxes are low is because even with low taxes, they still bring in large revenues. Sandy Springs is like the highest class suburb of Atlanta. I know a few people who live there and trust me when I say they are not your average people.

Yes, they are located in Sandy Springs. No, the reason property taxes are low is because even with low taxes, they still bring in large revenues. Sandy Springs is like the highest class suburb of Atlanta. I know a few people who live there and trust me when I say they are not your average people.

I don't trust any replies without links to back up the assertions. However, it was nice to meet you and debate.

UPDATE: I finally found a map that shows the city limits of Sandy Springs and you are correct they are in the Sandy Springs City limits.

Last edited:

I seriously doubt that, considering how little I use (I don't drive and even when I have money I tend to live pretty simply and I've never used any public programs), and considering how small the percentage of people who are wealthy is, and the fact that on average all-inclusive there is little difference proportionally between what they pay and what I pay.

Really, how jobs have you created? In other words, how many taxpayers pay taxes have you created?

I don't trust any replies without links to back up the assertions. However, it was nice to meet you and debate.

UPDATE: I finally found a map that shows the city limits of Sandy Springs and you are correct they are in the Sandy Springs City limits.

Yes, I am correct. I did look this stuff up, though I knew most of it from acquaintances.

Back
Top Bottom