• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mini volcano pops up in Rome

Rainman05

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Mini volcano pops up in Rome | euronews,

A small volcano vent has suddenly appeared near Rome’s International Fiumicino airport.

The geyser-like vent, which is nearly two metres wide, opened up and started shooting out steam and mud over the weekend.

Since then scientists have begun studying the hole, labelling it a ‘fumarole’, an opening in the earth’s crust.

The nearest volcanic activity is more than 12 miles south-east of Rome, where the latest volcanic activity was some 20,000 years ago.

So look at the link. There is a video showing the small crater. I mean, it's really a small hole now, maybe big enough to swallow a fat man but still, not the kind of volcano we're used to identify as "volcanos". But still, interesting thing. This sort of geologic phenomenon doesn't usually happen, does it?

It's a pox on the land. Cool...or is it?

So look at the link. There is a video showing the small crater. I mean, it's really a small hole now, maybe big enough to swallow a fat man but still, not the kind of volcano we're used to identify as "volcanos". But still, interesting thing. This sort of geologic phenomenon doesn't usually happen, does it?
Interesting. No Vesuvius, but still... Kinda reminds me of Yellowstone - except for the little white Fiat? that kept driving by. :)

fumarole (geology) -- Encyclopedia Britannica

Looks like Italy will now benefit having Geothermal Energy...

That's awesome!

Back
Top Bottom