• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Minecraft

Fishking

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
So I played Minecraft a little years ago and my kids got into it on mobile platforms, which doesn't really work for me. So I got it on my computer and they've added so may new things to craft in the game, it's way more complex than it used to be.

Also, I forgot how satisfying going out and gathering resources is and turning them into things. I suggest this game for those who are both creative and neurotic (mine, mine, mine, mine, MINE, MINE, MINE!, MINE!!!). Anyone else here get some pleasure from this game?

Minecraft is a hell of a game.

Every once in awhile I still boot it up and just have a blast, love to create but the one thing I noticed about myself from Minecraft, I am obsessed with Symmetry, with every structure I build.

The mobile version is ****ing impossible to play though, for me anyway.

love the game.

I love building villages creating the max population possible. Defending from mobs and collecting resources

Minecraft is a great game! I still play it occasionally to this day.

Minecraft is a hell of a game.

Every once in awhile I still boot it up and just have a blast, love to create but the one thing I noticed about myself from Minecraft, I am obsessed with Symmetry, with every structure I build.

The mobile version is ****ing impossible to play though, for me anyway.

Rofl...I have the same issue with the symmetry thing. Dives me crazy to have things not line up right. Sometimes I screw myself and when building a structure and have put so much work into it but then the number of blocks are even numbered so there is no middle block to put things like the door in. GRRRRRRR!!!!

I downloaded it for VR, but haven't tried it yet.

Fire it up and let us know how it looks. I haven't been impressed with what I've seen with VR, the tech doesn't seem to be quite there yet, but Minecraft seems like a game that would work well.

I also basically have to play survival. I can't do creative mode. I have to get the resources myself.

I'm currently making what I've dubbed the "Evil Wizard's Tower" in the Nether.

Fire it up and let us know how it looks. I haven't been impressed with what I've seen with VR, the tech doesn't seem to be quite there yet, but Minecraft seems like a game that would work well.

I bet it is pretty good. I just haven't had time to play it. All my time has been spent on the new COD. If I fire up the VR it is going to be to play Skyrim VR which is absolutely amazing.

Edit: I seen the price has dropped substantially for the Rift. It was $349 for the Rift with Touch controllers. Well worth it in my opinion. Especially if you are an Elder Scrolls fan or like shooting games (Robo Recall is fantastic).

Interesting. I don't know anything about Minecraft, but my grandson used to love it, so I just assumed that it was a game for kids.

My husband has wanted a new XBox One S to replace his old XBox One. The one I got him was bundled with the downloadable version of Minecraft. I figured he'd just never use the download, but if it's meant for adults, too, then he might give it a shot (if I can get him off Assassin's Creed long enough).

So I played Minecraft a little years ago and my kids got into it on mobile platforms, which doesn't really work for me. So I got it on my computer and they've added so may new things to craft in the game, it's way more complex than it used to be.

Also, I forgot how satisfying going out and gathering resources is and turning them into things. I suggest this game for those who are both creative and neurotic (mine, mine, mine, mine, MINE, MINE, MINE!, MINE!!!). Anyone else here get some pleasure from this game?

Yeah mine craft is pretty cool. It's really kind of open and you can do whatever you want.

Interesting. I don't know anything about Minecraft, but my grandson used to love it, so I just assumed that it was a game for kids.

My husband has wanted a new XBox One S to replace his old XBox One. The one I got him was bundled with the downloadable version of Minecraft. I figured he'd just never use the download, but if it's meant for adults, too, then he might give it a shot (if I can get him off Assassin's Creed long enough).

Anybody can play Minecraft. I actually stumbled upon it when I got my new computer. I had a preview version, and much like you I thought it was a game for kids. I messed with the preview for a while and I was hooked. It was like 20 dollars. That's cheaper than a movie. I even got the SO playing.

Well...I'm 40 and generally go with games that are pretty in-depth but still really enjoy playing Minecraft. It's probably the most creative game out there. I'm not aware of there being anything else that lets you make so much stuff and change the environment. For some reason, the low-level graphics makes it work really well.

Thanks, y'all. :) I feel better about the purchase.

Some people in creative mode have built massive cities, palaces, to copies of real cities (as best can be done) Work that I expect would take hundreds of hours, for the pure enjoyment of building

Thanks, y'all. :) I feel better about the purchase.

Lol, glad to help, but things meant for kids can be fun for adults. My partner and I often watch movies made for children.

I even still play with Lego once in a while.

I would call that more along the line of wholesome fun.

Some people in creative mode have built massive cities, palaces, to copies of real cities (as best can be done) Work that I expect would take hundreds of hours, for the pure enjoyment of building

Is it something similar to a Sims game? He used to like those. Those, and the "build your own empire" games online.

Lol, glad to help, but things meant for kids can be fun for adults. My partner and I often watch movies made for children.

I even still play with Lego once in a while.

I would call that more along the line of wholesome fun.

I have NO IDEA what you are talking about!!

*rushes off to watch Moana for the 90th time*

Is it something similar to a Sims game? He used to like those. Those, and the "build your own empire" games online.

Creative mode is more like a massive Lego set, with an even greater variety of blocks, and potential for automation

In Survival mode, it like a lego set in which you have to build the blocks yourself while monsters try to kill you, and things you created.

Both in an open massive world.

No romance, or any complicated relationships. Just building/collecting resources and or fighting

Such a sad part in the movie, but I remember as a kid we had neighbors and they had five or six boys I can't remember how many and we are all watching this movie I was maybe six and their father came in and instead of looking sad, he yelled "DIE ARTEX DIE" so that all these little boys doing their best to choke back tears could all laugh.

I used to love spending time over there.

Not really like SIMS...maybe a smidge like SIM City in that you create lots of things and set it up however you choose but it has way more freedom in what you want to build.

Here are some ridiculous examples of what people have done in creative mode (this means you have access to unlimited resources without having to farm them, and can fly around and such). I prefer survival mode where you have to actually go chop down trees, mine resources like iron and coal, smelt things into bars, convert them into tools, weapons, armor, ect.

Back
Top Bottom